Happy 10th anniversary, Ordeal of Fire (2011)! :)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. Today is the day where the Ordeal of Fire episode had aired on April 11, 2011. It’s where four Heroes, Stormer, Furno, Breez, and Surge, had a hard time fighting a team of four fiery villains, who are trying to absorb Hero Pod fuel at a floating fuel station. The Heroes decided to be Upgraded to fight these hotheads. They also have two new Heroes who are born with the same upgrade, Julius Nex, the orange tech dude, and Nathan Evo, the yellow meditating dude. It is revealed that the villains were made to be miner who absorb energy, and their leader called the Fire Lord said that he knew Stormer, but Stormer never remembered the dude, just the FL’s mining place. The miners absorbed so much fuel that this ability made them crazy and turned them evil (like Kevin 11 from Ben 10). The Heroes defeated the villains and brought them to their jail while the Heroes want to help them from their unhealthy addictions. Finally, all other Heroes got upgraded. 

The set wave that the episode is based on also provided a new building system called the Character and Creature Building System, or the CCBS for short. It revolutionized the action figure category, and it was spread to other themes, DC Comics Super Heroes, Marvel Heroes, Legends of Chima, Bionicle G2, and Star Wars. 

In my opinion, I like the set wave. It’s not the best, but it’s good because of the CCBS and the fact that the Heroes got upgraded, like the Toa Nuva from Bionicle 2001-2010. The uneven arms and weird helmet designs of the villains are wonky while the Heroes’ new heads and helmets are weird, but we got five-fingered hands. It’s a pity that we don’t have 2.0 versions of Bulk or Stringer (or even Rocka, even if he was introduced in Savage Planet later on). I remember watching the episode on Nicktoons on its world premiere. It’s puny that we had one episode (I wish there were more), but the story is kind of good. Not the best, but good. I mean, Surge was so late on getting an upgrade, and I wish Jetbug has more screen time. Lame. Well, Fire Lord is one of my favorite characters and villains because of his dark personality and backstory. 

Anyway, happy 10th anniversary to Ordeal of Fire! What do you guys think of the wave and episode? :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

18 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

It’s a pity that we don’t have 2.0 versions of Bulk or Stringer (or even Rocka, even if he was introduced in Savage Planet later on).

Well, technically you could piece together Bulk, Stringer and Rocka 2.0 using the openings of Savage Planet 1 and Breakout 1 (I did this in LDD), but yeah, sets would have been great.

Ordeal of Fire did introduce two great Heroes, Nex and Evo (or, should I say, Mac Brainy and Bill Dozer?), and I just remembered a cool theory for Evo from TTV that Evo had a Core transplant after OoF and that's why he's very different in Breakout.

Ordeal of Fire also had some pretty cool in-universe news reports on LEGO.com which helped me for my timeline.

Ordeal isn't the best episode compared to, say, Breakout, but it was pretty revolutionary for introducing CCBS. And it brought Creep Crushers. I love Creep Crushers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Darth Fandom said:

Well, technically you could piece together Bulk, Stringer and Rocka 2.0 using the openings of Savage Planet 1 and Breakout 1 (I did this in LDD), but yeah, sets would have been great.

Ordeal of Fire did introduce two great Heroes, Nex and Evo (or, should I say, Mac Brainy and Bill Dozer?), and I just remembered a cool theory for Evo from TTV that Evo had a Core transplant after OoF and that's why he's very different in Breakout.

Ordeal of Fire also had some pretty cool in-universe news reports on LEGO.com which helped me for my timeline.

Ordeal isn't the best episode compared to, say, Breakout, but it was pretty revolutionary for introducing CCBS. And it brought Creep Crushers. I love Creep Crushers.

Ordeal of Fire kind of felt like an dlc/update to the herofactory universe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Umarakthefan said:

Ordeal of Fire kind of felt like an dlc/update to the herofactory universe

That’s a weird way of describing the story arc. I would look at it as an experiment for the CCBS. The episode represent that as well.

• Like 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)