Bits N' Bricks Wraps Up Season One

Earlier today the latest episode of the fantastic Bits N' Bricks podcast was released, bringing the first season to a close. You read that right, although originally intended to run for only about a dozen episodes, and after making nearly twenty and receiving a ton of positive feedback, they have decided to keep going. For now, you can listen to Episode 19 - To Be Continued to hear Brian Crecente and Ethan Vincent be joined by LEGO Group associate product lead Nannan Li, senior director of LEGO Games Asia-Pacific Ronny Scherer, and producer Dave Tach to discuss the origins of the podcast, their favorite moments, and their plans for the future. It looks like it will keep going through the rest of 2021 in several seasons with little breaks in the middle. They even hinted that they might be discussing Rock Raiders and Bionicle games in the future! As long as they keep talking, I'll keep listening.

View the full article

Basically, just a nice summary of the first season and some highlights, finished off with confirmation that there will be more episodes to come after a short break. I'll admit that I was rather amused that among the stats was that the most frequent comment on their YouTube videos was "When is Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga coming out?" with the rather predictable answer of "we don't know". And yes, I was just as shocked and surprised as they were when it was revealed that there is actually a private server of the official Lego Universe game that's still running, mostly for the purpose of simply preserving the contents of that game. And finally, they mentioned possible (but not guaranteed) topics for future episodes including Rock Raiders, Bionicle, Loco, and Racers, so aside from the obvious with Bionicle, I'm also interested in a possible episode on Racers. I'd also like to suggest perhaps another topic they could explore would be some of the online flash games that were once available to play on the Lego website (games like Backlot, Junkbot, World Builder, and much more). Either way, I'll certainly be looking forward to whatever might be next for this podcast series.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

8 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

And yes, I was just as shocked and surprised as they were when it was revealed that there is actually a private server of the official Lego Universe game that's still running, mostly for the purpose of simply preserving the contents of that game.

Yes, this was quite the revelation!

Speaking of online games, I'd also like to hear an episode about My LEGO Network, since that was quite the popular thing for a while back in the day.

I just thought of something else I'd like to see in a future episode. I think it would be nice if they're able to interview some of the people who worked at Templar Studios on the Mata Nui Online Game. You never know what kind of new insights such an opportunity might bring up.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.