If Vezon was a Glatorian...

This is an old MOC that I build a long time ago that I finally decided to share. :) I can't quite remember the story behind this, but I'm going with the idea that Vezon reoutfitted himself in glatorian armor and gear and was quite happy to participate in the Glatorian arena fights (I think he'd be quite good at it too!)

I the figure build is obviously the Inika torso build, with some other elements slapped on, but I wanted to make him some great weapons, hence the huge shield and flail. Overall, this is one of my favorite MOCs, and I really like how the color scheme turned out.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think, I'd love any feedback you all have, good or bad. :D

image.thumb.png.46a482ab295e0a7c77b41aae7108e02c.png

image.thumb.png.12ad99b9ff237349d991bf4b17cce38a.png

image.thumb.png.3a4d50e1ac4c5369e81319b544b43ca5.png

• Like 3

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Awesome MOC!  I like how you used the gunmetal Vezon head from Maxilos and made that the consistent metallic color across the whole model.  I also like the fact that you designed him to fit in with the Bara Magna aesthetic (straight Inika build as opposed to custom).  The weapons are also really awesome.  The one thing that I am a bit skeptical of is the Nuva armor on the elbows.  Does that restrict movement?

All in all, this is a really cool MOC - thanks for sharing! :D

~Daler

49 minutes ago, Daler99 said:

Awesome MOC!  I like how you used the gunmetal Vezon head from Maxilos and made that the consistent metallic color across the whole model.  I also like the fact that you designed him to fit in with the Bara Magna aesthetic (straight Inika build as opposed to custom).  The weapons are also really awesome.  The one thing that I am a bit skeptical of is the Nuva armor on the elbows.  Does that restrict movement?

All in all, this is a really cool MOC - thanks for sharing! :D

Thank you I really appreciate it! :D

I really enjoyed getting to use the gunmetal Vezon head, Maxilos was one of my favorite sets as he came with a lot of recolored parts.

Ah I'm glad you spotted the Nuva elbows, I was afraid they weren't very noticeable in the photos. Yes they do indeed restrict movement unfortunately, I was having trouble figuring a way around that, I wanted to give him equal amounts of gunmetal to red, to avoid having too much of one color. If I were to do it again I'd probably use them as knee pads (which would restrict his legs of course) but they'd look a little more natural than elbow guards.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Great model. I could imagine Vezon wiping the floor with a Skrall.

My only complaint is (at least for me) the dark gray hand sticks right out. I know there's not really a better option, though. Also not a huge fan of the extra black armor on the shins.

My favorite part are the weapons. All the different blade types in the shield go together so well I didn't realize at first just how many distinct parts there were. The sword/flail is awesome, too.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

6 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Great model. I could imagine Vezon wiping the floor with a Skrall.

My only complaint is (at least for me) the dark gray hand sticks right out. I know there's not really a better option, though. Also not a huge fan of the extra black armor on the shins.

My favorite part are the weapons. All the different blade types in the shield go together so well I didn't realize at first just how many distinct parts there were. The sword/flail is awesome, too.

Thanks!

Yeah I was hoping the hands would match the gunmetal armor, but it didn't work out the best... and yes the black armor was my "well, there's nothing there, let's put something there!" solution! But yes otherwise they're really unnecessary.

Yeah I was really happy with how that shield turned out, I recently gotten the Jetrax, and it comes with so many cool silver parts, and I was like "I can totally make all of these parts into a super cool weapon!" :) The flail was inspired by Knights Kingdom with their last wave of knights, showing how the chain and those pieces can be used in that manner.

Formerly Iron_Man5