Second Try's the Charm?

A new project has achieved ten thousand votes of support on LEGO Ideas that might seem familiar to some. If looking at Chitty Flies Again! by Norders gives you a sense of deja vu, you're don't need to head to the doctor. The same builder had a model based on the famous film car join the 10k Club last year, but it didn't make it through the review phase. So they went back to the drawing board and redesigned the MOC, adding new features and improving its structural integrity. The new model features superb attention to detail, has some great play features, and could be a great addition to the Ideas theme. Perhaps we'll get lucky, but until we know for sure I'll just enjoy the beautiful MOC!

View the full article

I'm going to be a stick in the mud here.

Wouldn't be surprised if this started a rule about resubmitting models. Technically different sure, but it was initially rejected for a reason. I don't see those reasons changing just because the model is different. Of course, on the flip side, reaching 10,000 again tells LEGO that there is, in fact, still current demand. But I dunno. I just worry it could set a precedent of users resubmitting the same models over again.

It's a beautiful model but it had its chance.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I certainly get what you're saying, but this is hardly the first time someone has resubmitted a model, or a very similar one, and gotten it to 10k again. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it has something to do with the reasons for rejection. If it's a problem with the construction or size, then changing that could help it a second time. If it's a problem with the IP, well those things can change over time. For example if Mega has a license to an IP when an Ideas project is first submitted, which causes it to be rejected, then their license expires, submitting the project again could result in success the second time. I think the Ideas team is trying to be as flexible as they can be.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...