Did a Toa Mangai wear a Suletu?

During the start of the Ignition Trilogy, Hewkii finds a Great Kanohi Suletu lying on the ground where a Toa died. Kongu eventually uses the mask himself, but my question is:

Wouldn't it make the most sense if the Kanohi was from a member of the Mangai who was killed by Eliminator? Which of the Mangai would have worn it?

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

5 hours ago, Max Nui said:

During the start of the Ignition Trilogy, Hewkii finds a Great Kanohi Suletu lying on the ground where a Toa died. Kongu eventually uses the mask himself, but my question is:

Wouldn't it make the most sense if the Kanohi was from a member of the Mangai who was killed by Eliminator? Which of the Mangai would have worn it?

How do we know that's where a Toa died? Why would only their Mask remain, but nothing else? And why would it be from the Mangai team of all Toa teams running around?

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

In the book, the Matoran speculate that the Toa’s body may be buried nearby (though we now know this wouldn’t be the case given the Red Star thing). They don’t know that the Toa died, but they do suspect it.

And it’s on a path leading out of Metru Nui, so it stands to reason that it was left by a Toa that came from Metru Nui, i.e., a Toa Mangai. We know they probably didn’t come from the other direction given that the path leads to Kharzani.

There are other possibilities of course, we don’t even know for sure it came from a Toa, but this is a pretty reasonable deduction and probably the most straightforward one.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I doubt it's from a toa mangai. The shadowed one or teridax would have demanded proof that the toa was killed. The mask of a toa sounds like the best way to confirm the kill to me. So I feel like if it was eliminator, he would have taken the mask as proof back to his boss or the one who hired him.

Edited by ToaDume

5 hours ago, Alyska said:

In the book, the Matoran speculate that the Toa’s body may be buried nearby (though we now know this wouldn’t be the case given the Red Star thing).

Since the Red Star thing was a retcon introduced after the story was wrapped up, I'd argue that at the time the book was written, burying the dead was A Thing, otherwise why else would the Matoran even discuss the idea? That said, from what we know of Eliminator, he didn't seem like the sort to respectfully bury his victims, so the mask likely still didn't come from one of the Mangai. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On the Island of Mata Nui, the red star resurrections most likely didn’t typically happen (Jaller being the possible exception) since it was designed to teleport beings from within the MU. Therefore, they would have to have some ritual for dealing with the dead, probably involving burial, (and  they most likely had forgotten that bodies “normally” disappeared after death.)

That said, yes, I know it’s a retcon, but not too much of a stretch to justify their comments in context.

20 hours ago, Lorentz said:

How do we know that's where a Toa died? Why would only their Mask remain, but nothing else? And why would it be from the Mangai team of all Toa teams running around?

Eliminator has already been established to leave the masks of his victims, such as when the Shadowed One picks up the Kanohi Kakama left behind by a dead Mangai.

Eliminator killed the Toa Mangai using his energy blasts, which fry the brain of the target, making revival on the Red Star impossible. Are the bodies still teleported to the Red Star automatically, or do the Kestora do that manually after the mind is wirelessly transferred? 

I don’t think the Toa could have come from Karzahni, either. Didn’t that archway prevent Toa from passing through that particular route? Or was it elemental Light beings? I forget.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

On 4/27/2021 at 1:51 AM, Cheesy Mac n Cheese said:

Eliminator killed the Toa Mangai using his energy blasts, which fry the brain of the target, making revival on the Red Star impossible. Are the bodies still teleported to the Red Star automatically, or do the Kestora do that manually after the mind is wirelessly transferred? 

I don’t think the Toa could have come from Karzahni, either. Didn’t that archway prevent Toa from passing through that particular route? Or was it elemental Light beings? I forget.

Only the being's consciousness is taken to the Red Star. The Kestora then build the consciousness a replacement body. https://biosector01.com/wiki/Red_Star

I believe it prevented beings with great inner light. Toa would have been able to pass through, but the possibility is unlikely. Look at how much trouble Lesovikk had trying to get into Karzahni from the sea.

Edited by Max Nui

The physical body is transported and repaired as much as needed, which in some cases may require significant rebuilding, hence the “ new body” phrasing. But they do need a body to work from, beings who have been disintegrated  cannot be revived. Presumably they need the brain or CPU ( whatever contains the being’s essential information) more or less intact to be successful.