Gifthammer 3D-Print Collection

Gifthammer

After investing in a 3d printer late last year, I've slipped really deep into testing the resolution and strength limits of it be recreating LEGO parts. I've been sharing a lot of photos on Discord, but it's about time that I posted here too.

Most of my designs so far have been uploaded to Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/gifthammer/designs. Everything is free to download and use with non-commercial caveats (because I don't want to deal with LEGO-adjacent IP headaches). Here are some of the highlights:

MNOG-inspired Bohrok canisters. They actually lock together into a hive wall!

IMG_3149.thumb.JPG.dba9070e4799ab3fe6c4ae5aba755da5.JPG

boHexAlt_01.png.0a81acc1128ea6466fd708585c0b6c4d.png

A brand new posable Kraata. A difficult print, but it's true to size! I am still trying to clean up the proportions but it's my favorite so far.

IMG_3173.thumb.JPG.0179448d3aa059bc29f38eabf5336eb4.JPG

I never had the Toa Metru to make the matoran pods, so I decided to make a movie inspired version of them. Ended up with a lot less articulation than I wanted, but hey it's LEGO-compatible now!

metrupd_02.png.dddecc91ab9bee75d50535109a19c11f.png

Finally, a Creator X-Bots inspired travel container and a desk-sized recreation of the iconic sand pit where we all first heard the Legend of the Bionicle.

IMG_3125.thumb.JPG.b599a3bb40b367d1c46cac9104685b44.JPGIMG_3133.thumb.JPG.e4d92a503aa1a14db4f84a2a80df0223.JPG

(The Nui stones are someone else's wonderful design, not mine. I just loved how well they combine with sand garden)

Again, more are on my Thingiverse page, and more will come as I get inspiration. My goal isn't to make exact recreations of bricks, but rather versions of them that are designed around the limitations of printed rather than injection molding. Expect a few more bohrok-related designs too before long!

Edited by Gifthammer
Clarify contents in one of the images
  • Upvote 1
Every hero is born from his enemy; every leader, his followers; and every father, his children.

My 3D printing designs on Thingiverse