Listen to a Podcast Far, Far Away

The second season of the Bits N' Bricks podcast hasn't officially kicked off yet, but journalist Brian Crecente and documentarian Ethan Vincent are back on this May the Fourth to talk all things Star Wars, LEGO, and videogames! In this special episode, May the 4th Be With You, they talk to Matt Fillbrandt and Matt Shell from Lucasfilm Games about how the original LEGO Star Wars videogame came about, how the partnership has grown since then, some of their favorite moments, and what the future might hold! There are some great anecdotes and some fun history of Star Wars and Lucasfilm videogames, which was a nice nostalgia trip as I grew up playing the likes of Day of the Tentacle, Dark Forces, and TIE Fighter. Give it a listen and then go back to waiting for season two to launch - I hear there's some great episodes in store for us!

View the full article

I remember the earlier episode when they talked about the development of the first Lego Star Wars game, so it was nice in this episode to hear not only from those on the Lucasfilm side of the game development, but also some more about the other Lego Star Wars games like Force Awakens, as well as some highlights of specific gags that were included in these games (although somehow, I don't recall ever seeing the one in particular where a Stormtrooper apparently, erm... dumped a brick, to put it politely). And at the end of the episode, they announced Season 2  of Bit N' Bricks will begin three weeks from now, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.