Ignition's Fifteen Year Anniversary

Bambi

I know we're halfway through 2021, but I realized this is the fifteenth anniversary of Ignition, aka when Bionicle tried to be darker and edgier lol. We found out Mata Nui is dying, were introduced to the Piraka, the Toa Nuva were defeated, some of our favorite Matoran became Toa, and Lego introduced the infamous Inika build, among many other things. We also got our first Bionicle console game since the original Bionicle game in '03.

What did you think of this year, story or set-wise?

Edited by Bambi
  • Upvote 1

I know the shift in tone definitely wasn't for some, but I look back on the launch of the Ignition comics as something that really drew me back in after I had felt confused with the story at times in 2005. That comic cover with Thok emerging from a canister was shocking in such an exciting way for me and I think that's really when I went from a fan of the toys to a true fan of the line. Stuart Sayger's work on those comics still represents some of my favourite Bionicle visuals and I actually hope to have an Ignition-style tattoo of some form in the not-too-distant future! 

personal_banner_6.png

4 minutes ago, Toa Hovoki Zehvor said:

I know the shift in tone definitely wasn't for some, but I look back on the launch of the Ignition comics as something that really drew me back in after I had felt confused with the story at times in 2005. That comic cover with Thok emerging from a canister was shocking in such an exciting way for me and I think that's really when I went from a fan of the toys to a true fan of the line. Stuart Sayger's work on those comics still represents some of my favourite Bionicle visuals and I actually hope to have an Ignition-style tattoo of some form in the not-too-distant future! 

Honestly I wasn't big on the art style of the comics, but that does sound like a cool tattoo! Make sure to post pics if you get it. ^^

• Like 1

I love the storyline! It’s one of my favorites because of the story, characters, comics, chapter books, music videos, online games, new building system for action figures, the characters, Bionicle Heroes, and of course the Kardas Dragon. I am not fond of the play sets or the lack of a Bionicle direct-to-video movie, but yes. I also remember when I was in the theaters, there was a commercial for Toa Inika. That’s what made me love Bionicle more (and that was what makes me believe that Bionicle and Hero Factory should have a live-action cinematic universe). :) 

Anyway, I have this: 

Plus, as much as Lego should really do something tor celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, I would like Lego to also celebrate Bionicle Heroes’ 15th anniversary (remastering and remake the game to make it much better would be nice). :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)