What were your first bionicle sets?

2004 I got 8606 Nuju

2007 I got 8910 Toa Kongu  ,8919 Mantax, 8920 Ehlek, 8921 Pridak,  8925 Barraki Deepsea Patrol, 8729 Toa Terrain Crawler. 

2009 I got 8996 Skopio XV-1

2020 I got 71300 Uxar from one of my friends along with other sets. 

Well thats how many I have. There are still some bionicle things i own so when I find a bionicle set i own I will update this list!

Edited by Bioniclefan7782

The Happy Meal Maku... But I was only like, 4 years old & I had no idea what Bionicle was at the time. The same was technically true when I got Gali Nuva & Onua Nuva as a gift, but thankfully I still have all 3 of these sets today.

I think the first Bionicle I got where I was cognizant that this was a Bionicle & I knew what that meant was Kazi & Matoro in 2006. 

• Like 1

My Grandmother gifted my five Bohrok for my fifth birthday, but the first Bionicle I was able to buy with Money I had earned was Radiak in 2008! I think I then bought a few other '08 sets at the time, but that was it for the original retail run. I then came out of my first dark age by buying the 2016 Uniter Kopaka (I didn't know Bionicle was back until it was almost too late, but that's another topic in itself) and then I purchased my childhood white whale in the beautiful Axalara T9.

personal_banner_6.png

Okay, you want it by year...?

2001: Gali Mata
2002: Kohrok
2003: Nuhvok Kal
2004: Matau Metru
2005: Matau Hordika
2006: Thok
2007: Mantax
2008: Pohatu Phantoka
2009: Vorox
2010: Um... I think it might've been Gresh Stars
2015: Pohatu, Master of Stone
2006: Four Way Tie!  Gali, Master of Water, Lewa, Master of Air, Akida, Creature of Water, Uxar, Creature of Air

:music: 

I'm pretty sure I can chronologically list every Bionicle set in order I got them. Don't worry I won't do that.

However the first set I got was Turaga Onewa which lead to basically every years first set being the brown ones.

I am only missing one set at this moment so I know what my last one will be. Thornatus v9. I am waiting to get a sealed one at some point as to enjoy experiencing a brand new Bionicle set for the last time.  I have never even held one in person. It will truly be a momentous day.

Funny thing is both my first and last will both be tan sets.

-Onvermel-

• Like 3

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

16 hours ago, Onvermel said:

I'm pretty sure I can chronologically list every Bionicle set in order I got them. Don't worry I won't do that.

However the first set I got was Turaga Onewa which lead to basically every years first set being the brown ones.

I am only missing one set at this moment so I know what my last one will be. Thornatus v9. I am waiting to get a sealed one at some point as to enjoy experiencing a brand new Bionicle set for the last time.  I have never even held one in person. It will truly be a momentous day.

Funny thing is both my first and last will both be tan sets.

-Onvermel-

Oh okay you dont have to do if you dont want to

Matoro from McDonald's, then Lewa. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My very first set was 2001 Tahu Mata. I can clearly remember taking him apart and seeing what I could build with the parts.

My family left the country in '04 so I was not able to continue collecting the sets during the Metru era. But immediately when we came back to the States, I started buying them again, and my first set was 2006 Hewkii Inika.

Both sets have a special place in my heart as my first Bionicle sets.

IetTsFQ.png

This is a serious test of my memory, but I'll give it a go. 

2001: Pohatu

2002: Tahnok

2003: Turahk

2004: For some reason I lost interest in Bionicle during this year.  Go figure  :shrugs:

2005: Vakama Hordika

2006: Piruk

2007: Morak or Pridak

2008: Lewa Phantok

2009: Zesk

2010: Tahu Stars and Piraka Stars (Nektann)

2015: Narmoto or Skull Slicer

2016: I didn't get any sets from this year. 

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

3 hours ago, JAG18 said:

This is a serious test of my memory, but I'll give it a go. 

2001: Pohatu

2002: Tahnok

2003: Turahk

2004: For some reason I lost interest in Bionicle during this year.  Go figure  :shrugs:

2005: Vakama Hordika

2006: Piruk

2007: Morak or Pridak

2008: Lewa Phantok

2009: Zesk

2010: Tahu Stars and Piraka Stars (Nektann)

2015: Narmoto or Skull Slicer

2016: I didn't get any sets from this year. 

Same for 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Onua Classic was my first ^^ It was waaaaaay back in January 2001, a couple of days after that year's first Lego World Club magazine dropped and introduced me to the wonders of this little thing called Bionicle...

For subsequent years...

• My first 2002 set was Tahnok;
  • 2003 was Lehvak-Kal;
  • 2004, Toa Whenua and Ahkmou;
  • 2005, a five-pack of the Rahaga (Pouks was the missing one);
  • 2006, Kazi and Garan;
  • 2007, Kalmah (not my first choice, but the only Barraki that was in stock anywhere at first!);
  • 2008, Pohatu Phantoka, Antroz and Icarax (I had a lot of Christmas spending money to burn...);
  • 2009, Fero & Skirmix (and also the only set I really bought that year)
  • 2010, Tahu Star

I didn't get any G2 sets at the time, I was in my 'dark age' and missed it completely; though Lewa Uniter ultimately became my first 2016 set a few years later.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 1 month later...

I believe Pahrak was my first Bionicle set ever. I always wanted Pohatu because I thought he looked cool, but the Bohrok looked even cooler, so I thought they HAD to be the good guys.

Yeah... about that, younger me... XD

The second set was Kohrok Kal, third was Lewa Nuva, fourth was the blue Rahkshi.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Pohatu Mata was my first set. I remember my parents getting me him sometime in 2001 around September. It was from then I was hooked and used all of my allowance to buy every set I could. 

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

My brother mostly buys sets and I leech off his purchases...so my first set is his not mine. Corroder from HF was the first constraction set in the house and the first Bionicle set was the mask, head and waist of Vakama who was promptly rebuilt into a Mataron...

After that the first true sets we got were all the Bohrok minus Gahlok and Kohrak.

2 hours ago, Axelford said:

My brother mostly buys sets and I leech off his purchases...so my first set is his not mine. Corroder from HF was the first constraction set in the house and the first Bionicle set was the mask, head and waist of Vakama who was promptly rebuilt into a Mataron...

After that the first true sets we got were all the Bohrok minus Gahlok and Kohrak.

Yeah I never followed HF. Really when Bionicle canceled I stopped following LEGO entirely. Even left the Bionicle Community. I was in high school and I think it was my junior and senior year my sister bought me Breeze and Breeze 2.0 and that was my first introduction to CCBS as well. I actually enjoyed the sets and I think it wasn't for another year or two later that I really started redigging up Bionicle lore just before Gen 2 started. I used to have a BZP account waaaaay back in the day (probably 15 years ago or so), but idk the email or user and it was around that time 5y ago that I created this acc.

Edited by Clyce
  • Like 1

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

Now this seems like a good first topic for someone emerging from a 10-17 year Bionicle Dark Age, whose love of the theme is driven by some substantial nostalgia...

My first set was 8542 Turaga Onewa. Well, more accurately, my first Bionicle was HALF of 8542 Turaga Onewa. It was October-ish 2001 and Mom had encountered a discounted-and-damaged copy somewhere shopping (I suspect Christmas shopping, given that she came home with LEGO) and since this meant it was about $2, she took a flyer on it, knowing her children were all mad about LEGO, though none of us had done more than glance at the promotional materials and call it "weird." So my brother and I split him. The set WAS missing a piece, but as it was only one of the 5-length axles in one of his legs, we were able to compensate.

Turns out, Bionicle might've been weird, but it was also a lot of fun (should I point out that Onewa wears a mask of mind control? That seems suspicious...). Anyway, my brother bought a Matau, I bought out his share of Onewa, and we split a mask pack (brown Pakari and a light blue Ruru, if I remember right, though I couldn't tell you what brainstalk...). So Onewa was my first Bionicle, at Christmas 2001 I got Tahu as my first full Bionicle, and with my Christmas money I made Pohatu my first purchase. It snowballed from there.

Edited by Hau1
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, Hau1 said:

Now this seems like a good first topic for someone emerging from a 10-17 year Bionicle Dark Age, whose love of the theme is driven by some substantial nostalgia...

My first set was 8542 Turaga Onewa. Well, more accurately, my first Bionicle was HALF of 8542 Turaga Onewa. It was October-ish 2001 and Mom had encountered a discounted-and-damaged copy somewhere shopping (I suspect Christmas shopping, given that she came home with LEGO) and since this meant it was about $2, she took a flyer on it, knowing her children were all mad about LEGO, though none of us had done more than glance at the promotional materials and call it "weird." So my brother and I split him. The set WAS missing a piece, but as it was only one of the 5-length axles in one of his legs, we were able to compensate.

Turns out, Bionicle might've been weird, but it was also a lot of fun (should I point out that Onewa wears a mask of mind control? That seems suspicious...). Anyway, my brother bought a Matau, I bought out his share of Onewa, and we split a mask pack (brown Pakari and a light blue Ruru, if I remember right, though I couldn't tell you what brainstalk...). So Onewa was my first Bionicle, at Christmas 2001 I got Tahu as my first full Bionicle, and with my Christmas money I made Pohatu my first purchase. It snowballed from there.

A very good first set. ;) Also welcome brother.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

13 minutes ago, Onvermel said:

A very good first set. ;) Also welcome brother.

Onvermel

Although I cannot say for certain, it's entirely possible that I'm to blame for you getting your first Onewa. Our parents got enough Turaga to go around and the fact that I got Vakama (I was always Ta-), the next brother got Nuju (and he was always Ko-), suggests that either our Mom paid more attention to our wants--since this was before those trends had ever taken root--than I would have thought, or she might have done some consultation. It definitely happened once or twice, so this might be the time.

So... it might be my fault you got Onewa instead of Vakama or Nokama.

You're welcome. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, I am reasonably confident that my first set was also Onewa. I believe that I received Onewa from a friend in the summer of '01 and Lewa was the first from family not long after.

My memory is pretty hazy on specific years. '02 was Pahrak for sure, however.

'04 was likely Krekka, which I know was a Legoland CA purchase, but I seem to recall getting in February. Not sure if that's actually possible per the link below, but I definitely remember it was not something I'd seen yet in the comics, catalogs, etc.

Link: https://www.bzpower.info/story.php?ID=1686

Maybe this article is assuming a wider US release--think I recall that in '05 the canister releases were swapped in the US/EU, for instance. Tufi did post it Feb 1 though...

Edited by Iruini Nuva

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Mine was piraka reidak. I remember seeing him at border's books around 2/12/06 and convinced my grandma to buy him for me just because I thought he looked cool. I got a couple other piraka (Zaktan and I think Thok) a few days later from my other grandma, and that opened pandora's box for me

Edited by Great Being Velika

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Technically my first was a Lerahk Rahkshi I got mailed to me as a gift by my grandma but I didn't know or care to learn what it was. My first one that made me aware of Bionicle was a Hahli Mahri I got as a gift from my cousins when I visited them in Germany.

It's kinda hard to remember the specifics (since I'm thinking back 20 years now) but I remember seeing the mail-in order preview for Tahu and Vakama in a 2001 Lego magazine, before the sets actually hit U.S. shelves (After a quick search, managed to find the specific issue too)

I don't think Tahu was my first one, though. Since I have a twin brother, it was actually pretty easy to collect a whole Toa set (Thanks to birthday gifts, we were able to get a lot of them at the same time) I seem to remember getting Lewa, Gali, and Kopaka first, and Tahu, Onua and Pohatu later. I know that order specifically since we could build those funny-looking combiner sets.

Oh, and we got duplicate Matoro sets from McDonald's. Yeah, imagine that.

~ ((ºJº))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought a metru Onewa for my little brother and got hooked on the toyline myself. This was in 2015 before I even knew a reboot happened.

Edited by Nektann

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...