What were your first bionicle sets?

My first set ever was 2002's Lewa Nuva. I remember not being able to push his balljoints into his sockets. 😅 I started fairly early and then kept following until the end, getting at least one set from each year (minus pre-2002 and 2005). Also followed HF while it lasted. Slept through G2 (I lost interest) but I decided to get Uniter Tahu and Ikir after the fact (never regretted it, those two are awesome).

Hard to say as I was so young at the time. I was into it because my sister and cousin were into it and got into it somewhere between the ages of 3 and 4. They had the sets and I simply played along. My earliest recollection of a set that belonged to me was Lewa Nuva and perhaps Lehvak Kal. Since then all sets in the house are now considered property of myself. 

It's time to move on.

52 minutes ago, Taria Pakari said:

Eh? Could have sworn I'd already posted here. Whatever. First sets were a two-pack of Vakama and Onewa Metru with a bonus Kanoka pack. Good ol' Woolworths, losing those stores was a heavy blow to my LEGO/Bionicle purchases.

Oh yeah I used to get all my bionicles there until it shut down. Luckily we had argos and a local toy shop to keep me going.

It's time to move on.

3 hours ago, masterchirox580 said:

Oh yeah I used to get all my bionicles there until it shut down. Luckily we had argos and a local toy shop to keep me going.

I hated getting them from Argos cuz they always ended up being doubles. Triples, once.

Plus at Woolies I could get an awesome Pick-n-Mix loaded with Quality Street Green Triangles. :v

Edited by Taria Pakari
Chocolate

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

If I recall correctly, my first sets were Tahu and Lewa Nuva, as Christmas or birthday presents. Around the same time I think I also got a Lewa Mata. I remember my parents getting me and my brothers a few different types of Lego sets around that time - system, Galidor, etc. - but Bionicle was what stuck. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

20 hours ago, Nato G said:

I remember my parents getting me and my brothers a few different types of Lego sets around that time - system, Galidor, etc. - but Bionicle was what stuck. 

Yeah, I'd gotten a few LEGO sets before, but the moment I bought those two Toa Metru, birthdays and Crimbos were forever changed. My parents didn't even need to ask what I wanted any more.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

On 8/9/2023 at 1:33 AM, Taria Pakari said:

I hated getting them from Argos cuz they always ended up being doubles. Triples, once.

Plus at Woolies I could get an awesome Pick-n-Mix loaded with Quality Street Green Triangles. :v

Argos often provided the wrong ones as they would sometimes be assigned to a single number in the catalog. 2008 canisters were all assigned to a single number. I remember you had to tell them the item number and then request which one (usually identified by colour). 

It's time to move on.

• 5 weeks later...