LEGO Ideas Bionicle Project Preorders Opening July 1st

Yesterday on LEGO Ideas Hasan announced some changes to the Bricklink Designer Program. Instead of twenty-six projects going up for crowdfunding at once and only thirteen being selected, there will be three rounds of crowdfunding, with each one featuring eight to ten projects and five being selected per round. If you check out the Bricklink Designer Program landing page, you'll see that Sokoda's The Legend of the Bionicle will be one of the first sets, with preorders beginning on July 1st! It's great to see the program moving forward, and hopefully we'll get lucky and the Bionicle project will make it into the top five!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I am definitely interested in getting myself that Bionicle set.

So... how exactly do I obtain it? :unsure: Do I need an account on Lego Ideas or on Bricklink? (I currently have the former, but not the latter) Once the preorders officially open at the beginning of July, what payment methods would be available for me to use, and where exactly would I need to submit them? And is there a certain threshold (either a number of donations or a time limit) beyond which I am no longer able to obtain that set?

I just want to be certain about these things so I don't miss out on this opportunity.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

16 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I am definitely interested in getting myself that Bionicle set.

So... how exactly do I obtain it? :unsure: Do I need an account on Lego Ideas or on Bricklink? (I currently have the former, but not the latter) Once the preorders officially open at the beginning of July, what payment methods would be available for me to use, and where exactly would I need to submit them? And is there a certain threshold (either a number of donations or a time limit) beyond which I am no longer able to obtain that set?

I just want to be certain about these things so I don't miss out on this opportunity.

You'll definitely need a Bricklink account. Beyond that I don't know the answers. I'd guess PayPal and credit cards will be accepted, and the set will definitely not be available forever, but this isn't going to be a one-day or one-week thing.

• 1 month later...

Bionicle fans! Right now Bionicle is in 6th place, and if #5 gets funded first, it's over, they won't produce the set. But #5 is still less than 1/3 of the way funded, so there is still a big opportunity for Bionicle to outpace it! Spread the word to fellow Bionicle fans and communities!

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.