Set Review: 4526 Batman

Yeah, I like the Batman set a lot. So far, it's probably my favorite, but I don't have anything against the other super heroes. I think if I do get any of these sets, it'll be Batman that I get first.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The one thing I don't get about the Batman set is exactly which Batman he's supposed to be. I mean, is he supposed to be the comic-book one, or the Dark Knight in blue, or what?Good review, by the way.

Why does he have to be based on any pre-existing incarnation of Batman? Certainly that's not a requirement other Batman action figures consistently swear by.Now, I think this guy is one of the better Super Heroes sets by virtue of his simplicity. He doesn't have any parts with a metal-plating texture like Green Lantern or with obvious pistons like Joker. He could very easily be viewed as just an angular, stylized depiction of Batman, even if his product description like Green Lantern's and Joker's explains that he's outfitted in "power armor".Green Lantern comes at a close second to this guy in my book, followed by Joker, who despite the good intentions of his set design feels more like an awkward robot with Joker's face and color scheme than like the Clown Prince of Crime himself.The parts in this set are also pretty good. Naturally it has the friction joints typical of the Super Heroes sets, and I need to get my hands on some of those sometime, but additionally he has some great blue pieces. Since Hero Factory has offered relatively little in blue since the introduction of the new character and creature building system, it greatly increases the versatility of the blue parts already available now that there are more of them like the Ben 10 tails and 2.0 torso shells.

The one thing I don't get about the Batman set is exactly which Batman he's supposed to be. I mean, is he supposed to be the comic-book one, or the Dark Knight in blue, or what?Good review, by the way.

He's not too far form that way Batman looked in the mid 90's comics, around the time he got his back broken.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Why does he have to be based on any pre-existing incarnation of Batman? Certainly that's not a requirement other Batman action figures consistently swear by.
Well, no, I just find it odd how the minifigs are supposed to portray versions of him while this is just sort of thrown together. Not that it makes the set worse or anything. Edited by Gerlicky

The set of Batman is most certainly based on this:Batman-and-Robin.jpgNo, but in all seriousness, I think that the set is based off of this Batman:Breyfogle%206.JPG

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I do not know if continuing with these constractions is of any point.I mean, really, none have a unique appeal and they're all...bland. I remember Spidermonkey, I hated the set. Ben 10 didn't feel right, I doubt this will barring Joker.I think Bfahome's torturing himself with these reviews. :P

Undergoing Renovations...

In stark contrast to Ben 10, these are built with the already established and loved HF 2.0 build sysetm. As such, none can really be considered bad, and that's definitely a step up.Though the fact that they're all humans does certainly feel weird, considering the pieces aesthetic styles. Iron Man (to be released in the summer) is the only one that looks proper.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Although this set would have been far better in dark blue, it´s still my favourite of the DC Universe Super Heroes for being the most solid and consistent, also what his colour scheme is concerned. I am still not too fond of that gunmetal cladding piece behind his neck. However, I have already got over the fact that his wings are no wings at all, as they do not look that bad. Still, I don´t think I am going to buy him or any of the Super Heroes sets. Thanks again for the review, Bfa! :)~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I think Bfahome's torturing himself with these reviews. :P

They were definitely more difficult to write than the others. It's easy to review a good set or a bad set because you have things that you can talk about, good or bad. But when a set just hovers around average, it becomes hard to find something to say that isn't just repetition.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I do like this set a lot! It needs some improvement-a lot of improvement-but it still looks like a good set. Though I personally prefer the Green Lantern.Is that the regular shade of blue, or is it a new color? I was hoping for a lighter blue.

It's regular Bright Blue (the same as Gahlok's primary color).

I kind of wish that this set looked more like the Batman from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. But still, I think this set looks cool. I like that it has back armor. That really helps it look better.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I kind of wish that this set looked more like the Batman from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. But still, I think this set looks cool. I like that it has back armor. That really helps it look better.

If they are going to make another set it should be the dBatman in black.

I must say, lego is certainly teasing us with this. On one hand these arent the best of sets, but on the other there are parts in (and) colors you cant find anywhere else. So its pass up nicely colored peices, or buy a mediocre set you may or may not build for a high price.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I must say, lego is certainly teasing us with this. On one hand these arent the best of sets, but on the other there are parts in (and) colors you cant find anywhere else. So its pass up nicely colored peices, or buy a mediocre set you may or may not build for a high price.

I think the LEGO BATMAN set looks awesome what can you not like about him. :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari:

I think the LEGO BATMAN set looks awesome what can you not like about him. :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari: :pakari:
There's plenty of things to dislike about him. He's heavily stylized compared to typical depictions of Batman (a necessity, IMO), his head piece and chest piece aren't extremely versatile for characters other than Batman, and of course he has an inflated price due to being a part of a licensed theme. He's definitely my favorite of the DC Super Heroes constraction sets, and I think his design is gorgeous, but he's not without flaws.

There's plenty of things to dislike about him. He's heavily stylized compared to typical depictions of Batman (a necessity, IMO), his head piece and chest piece aren't extremely versatile for characters other than Batman, and of course he has an inflated price due to being a part of a licensed theme. He's definitely my favorite of the DC Super Heroes constraction sets, and I think his design is gorgeous, but he's not without flaws.
Flaws such as............. :pakarinu: :pakarinu:

...Such as the ones I mentioned in the post you just quoted. It's a good set IMO as well, but there's no need to pretend that there are no aspects for which a person could reasonably dislike it.

...Such as the ones I mentioned in the post you just quoted. It's a good set IMO as well, but there's no need to pretend that there are no aspects for which a person could reasonably dislike it.
I would still buy it.

I got Batman as a late Birthday gift tonight ne's not bad but the cape/ wings area joke. I replaced then with Hahli Mahri's wings. and I chaned out the gunmettal armor for silver and slimed him down a bit. I'd say he's a good set if you have the parts to make him in to something that you will like and area fan of Batman. I don't think he's good for parts, not with Pick a Brick's update.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I got Batman as a late Birthday gift tonight ne's not bad but the cape/ wings area joke. I replaced then with Hahli Mahri's wings. and I chaned out the gunmettal armor for silver and slimed him down a bit. I'd say he's a good set if you have the parts to make him in to something that you will like and area fan of Batman. I don't think he's good for parts, not with Pick a Brick's update.

Does he look good with mahri hahli's winks?

Batman has to be my favorite hero, and this set seems to do him justice (ha ha) for the most part. However, light blue doesn't suit him at all; the least they could do would be to make it darker. Replacing some with more gunmetal would be even better. Still, overall a decent set."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

• 1 month later...