is that a kanohi jutlin?

greetings.

so, in "triumph of the toa"(a bionicle comic)

akamai and wairuha  appears to gali in a vision, and we see the other mata kanohi in the background.

but... what is that mask in the upper-right corner?                                        

File:Comic Toa Kaita Akamai.png                            

it looks like a jutlin to me.

File:Great Jutlin Set.jpg

pictures are from biosector01.

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

It's a Kakama. Gali, Kopaka, and Lewa's masks are shown behind Wairuha, and Tahu, Onua, and Pohatu's masks are shown behind Akamai.

It does look a bit different from the real Kakama, but it's in-line with how D'Anda typically drew it (with some detail removed, just like on the other background masks in this scene).

• Upvote 3

sigbanner.gif

On 7/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, TuragaNuva said:

It's a Kakama. Gali, Kopaka, and Lewa's masks are shown behind Wairuha, and Tahu, Onua, and Pohatu's masks are shown behind Akamai.

It does look a bit different from the real Kakama, but it's in-line with how D'Anda typically drew it (with some detail removed, just like on the other background masks in this scene).

Exactly. It's same for the mouth on Onua's Pakari mask. and the ridges on the yellow Hau. I think it was part of a smoke silhouette scene.

However the fact that he made two of Akamai's torso's red and the lowest piece blue is really strange. One of his arms is also light gray which is easily mistaken for a part of Wairuha's shield arm.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:24 PM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

However the fact that he made two of Akamai's torso's red and the lowest piece blue is really strange.

That wouldn't be D'Anda's fault, at least not directly; in the comic credits, he was always the line artist and had a separate colourist. Colour errors would come from the colourist in question misinterpreting D'Anda and Elliot's lines, which happened fairly often over the comic's run.

Though in this case, I wonder if the two red torsos might have been deliberately chosen to make Akamai appear more symmetrical? While the blue may have been mistaken by the colourist as being part of Gali who - if I rememeber rightly - was in the foreground of that shot.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."