Is that a misprint (on left)

Tecnor13

2 hours ago, Nescent said:

It looks like gunmetal/dark metallic grey, the same piece used in Hewkii Inika. Not a misprint.

Whatever it is, it's not gunmetal. The gray isn't dark enough, and distinctly yellow.

20 minutes ago, Distorted said:

Pretty sure it isn't gunmetal. To me it looks like a regular silver Inika leg that's become miscoloured in the sun.

UV damage could be a possible cause. Was the set that this came from sitting in the sun for long periods of time?

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

Given how the color seems to favor one side, and vanish where other pieces might have connected to it, I'd have to go with everyone else's consensus that it's actually sun damage.

I have a lime green leg that has almost an entire half of it discolored by sunlight, it looks like a brown avocado now :P

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Hi guys, i'm sure it isn't sun damage, cuz the color is the same as the normal golden lego pieces, but a bit more darker. 

Here is a foto whit a better light. 

P. S. The piece comes from an Ebay offert that I shopped 3/4 months ago.

Idk which set it came from. 

20210806_193742.jpg

Edited by Tecnor13

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 5:13 AM, Heyzorks said:

it looks almost metallic brown in this picture. curious...

On 8/9/2021 at 7:00 AM, Tecnor13 said:

i'm sure it isn't sun damage, cuz the color is the same as the normal golden lego pieces, but a bit more darker. 

I looked it up on Bricklink, and these pieces don't come in any shade of brown or gold.

At this point I wonder if we're dealing with a resin molding experiment. If you can make Kanohi that way, why not other pieces as well?

• Upvote 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly a misprint like you said. I don't think it's painted cus it does look like the plastic is that colour. Maybe like Laval said, if someone tried making a silicone mold of this peice it's possible that one of the silicone parts, probably the curing agent may have altered the parts colour. Afterall they do use a similar chemical to colour the plastic so it could be a chemical reaction.

• Upvote 1

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

On 9/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, Tecnor13 said:

Ok, so, this is the other strange piece i have. 

It's similar to the other one, but this is probably sun damaged, or something. 

What do you think? 

IMG_20210916_153425.jpg

IMG_20210916_153432.jpg

IMG_20210916_153437.jpg

Yeah I think this one is sun damage. The positioning of the colouration looks like it had the sun pointed at it all day for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

I recognize that It's a Ben10 part Swampfire limb. A really bad case of sunburn /UV Radiation.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8410-1&name=Swampfire&category=[Ben 10]#T=I

Large Figure Arm/Leg Section with 2 Ball Joint (Ben 10)
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87840&idColor=48#T=C&C=48