Open call for The Mangai Project!

Max_Nui

HELP WANTED:

Calling all animators, voice actors, artists and more to play a part in a very special creation, The Mangai Project!

After three years of brainstorming, designing, building, and writing, I am excited to announce the launch of a new Bionicle community project starring the Toa Mangai! The show will follow Toa Lhikan and his team, the Mangai, as they witness and take part in the fall of Metru Nui.

The groundwork for this show has already been laid, from world building to scripts to character designs, and I am very proud of all that we have been able to accomplish on the project so far. However, I have reached a point in development where the project is ready to be shared to allow for the best production quality possible. This is where you come in. If you or anyone you know is interested in acting, animation, art, film, production, or publicity please follow the link to the discord below to learn where you can fit into the project! If you feel you are unable to help with production, please spread the word about #TheMangaiProject – it would mean so much to me. Again, the foundation for this show is already established, and our goal is to have a pilot released within the next six months. Working on this project will be a fantastic opportunity to take your skills to a new level, as well as providing opportunities to meet with other creators in the Bionicle community. I am excited to see this project grow, and I look forward to seeing you on the discord.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/2Cva5AJ4

~ Max Nui, Creator and Executive Producer

Edited by Max Nui
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

What do you done have so far? Any concept collages? Also, your invite link is broken.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Our animation team is finishing up concept work now. At this point in time, we're playing things pretty close to the chest. At some point in the future, we intend to release project material—however we feel it would be more constructive to wait for a reveal until we have more of a finished project.

The invite link has been repaired. Discord only logs invite links for a certain period of days before resetting. If anyone else tries the link and it's broken, please PM me here or on my instagram and I'll send you an updated one. Hope that helps! :)

-Max

You don't do an open call if you have nothing to show. You claim to have three years of brainstorming, designing, building, and writing. Where is it? It's going to be very hard to recruit serious people without any concept material. 

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:14 AM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Can I ask what sort of animation you're using? Is it going to be a traditionally-drawn sort of thing, or CGI? ^^

I don't think they have an animator yet. My hope is 2D animation, since good 2D doesn't age,  unlike 3D which only looks good for a decade at most.

Edited by Lorentz

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 7:14 AM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Can I ask what sort of animation you're using? Is it going to be a traditionally-drawn sort of thing, or CGI? ^^

We will be using digital 2d animation in a similar vein as Samurai Jack or the Clone Wars cartoon.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:06 AM, Lorentz said:

I don't think they have an animator yet. My hope is 2D animation, since good 2D doesn't age,  unlike 3D which only looks good for a decade at most.

We do have a number of animators working on the project. Always looking for more, though! :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 1:59 AM, Axelford said:

I wouldn't mind being kept posted on this, I've always felt strongly that a 2D animated episodic series is one of the most viable mediums for a retelling, the link is broken but if there was a new one I would like to pop in.

Here:

This link should be permanent. Anyone else is welcome to use this one. https://discord.gg/Udj4kP5NSG

• Like 1