PROJECT INQUILINA v1 RELEASE

Tattorack

__==::P R O J E C T    I N Q U I L I N A::==__

I’ve worked on this from mid Spring and all through Summer, and it’s finally done! Something I’ve wanted to make for literal years!

I’ve uploaded a .zip file containing everything from Project Inquilina to my Drive, and it can be found here:

Download from Google Drive

Link to the Tutorial Vid:

View On YouTube

If you have any further questions which the tutorial doesn’t answer do not be afraid to ask. If there happens to be a lot of unanswered questions I might make a follow-up video.

Spoiler

The Matoran pieces currently are:

- 8 armour pieces.

- 3 arm pieces.

- 1 leg piece.

Spoiler

There are 6 Kanohi, and they are:

- Noble Huna, Matoran version. Male and female variants.

- Dead Kakama. Male and female variants.

- Noble Komau, Matoran version. Unisex.

- Dead Pakari. Male and female variants.

- Noble Rua, Matoran version. Male and female variants.

- Noble Ruru, Matoran version. Male and female variants.

Spoiler

There are 14 tools and items, including:

- Communications Pack.

- Chronicler’s Staff.

- Jet Pack.

- Kanohi Anvil.

- Koli Ball.

- Kolhii Ball.

- Kolhii Stick.

- Lava Board.

- Light Stone.

- Light Stone with Holder.

- Matoran Bag.

- Matoran Chisel.

- Matoran Hammer.

- Matoran Pick.

Spoiler

There are 10 weapons, including:

- Single-Edged Dagger.

- Bamboo Throwing Disk.

- Kanoka Disk.

- Kanoka Disk Launcher.

- Elemental Rifle.

- Light Stone Rifle MKII along with attachments. (aka. Light Shard Rifle).

- Shield.

- Ta-Koro Guard Spear.

- Double-Edged 2-Handed Sword.

- Single-Edge 2-Handed Sword.

4K Wallpaper. Can spot all the elements?

depfxf4-da606a31-6bfb-444a-9226-0a19b1b5

ProjectInquilina_v1_package.zip

Edited by Tattorack
Broken Attachment
  • Like 2

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

4 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

So it's like a character creator? I don't currently have Blender, but it looks like I might have to get it to try this out!

Sort of. Blender 3D is a modelling program, but I've cut out the time and skills needed for modelling to create your own Matoran. All you need is a basic understanding of the Blender 3D interface and you should be able to use the parts provided to make a nice looking Matoran character.

I go over basic details and such in the tutorial video.

6 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Wow, this is incredible! You did a great job with this setup! :D

I'm very interested to see what people do with your sprites, and I'm eager to see what more you're able to add to the Kanohi and tool collection!

Thanks man!

Me too! I hope this really kicks off!

8 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

So I tried downloading the pack, but it tells me that it's unavailable. Do you know why this would be happening?

Unavailable!? Huh... I'll look into this immediately!

edit:

Alright, so for some reason I'm the only one who can download the attachment. I've provided an alternate Google Drive link in the main post, but I'll also give it here.

Edited by Tattorack

18 hours ago, Tattorack said:

Unavailable!? Huh... I'll look into this immediately!

edit:

Alright, so for some reason I'm the only one who can download the attachment. I've provided an alternate Google Drive link in the main post, but I'll also give it here.

Well, I downloaded it, and put it into Blender. I was able to color and pose it, except that the "elbow poles" seem to be stuck. When I try to rotate them, the icosahedron moves, but the corresponding limb of the model does not.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

Oh WOW this looks fantastic! I love what you've done with the style; and I'm definitely gonna play around with this at some point, it's an incredible resource and I can only imagine the amount of time and effort it took to build all this.

The video is wonderfully put-together, too. In addition to being a really cool look at what you've made here, three other things especially stood out to me: the use of classic pieces of Bionicle music at the beginning was superbly nostalgic; the bit where the Matoran puzzled over why he was holding a cup made me laugh; and I'd be remiss not to mention that I especially loved the shot of Macku and Hewkii that you included!

Really nice work! Can't wait to see how this gets used in the future :D

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

17 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Well, I downloaded it, and put it into Blender. I was able to color and pose it, except that the "elbow poles" seem to be stuck. When I try to rotate them, the icosahedron moves, but the corresponding limb of the model does not.

The poles shouldn't be rotated. The elbow or the knee will point into the direction of the poles, so rotating the poles won't do anything since they've not changed position in XYZ space.

Select a pole, press G to grab, then change its position.

If it still doesn't do anything then there'd indeed be a problem with how the poles are set up. Not sure what would've happened, but I'll see what I can do.

7 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Oh WOW this looks fantastic! I love what you've done with the style; and I'm definitely gonna play around with this at some point, it's an incredible resource and I can only imagine the amount of time and effort it took to build all this.

The video is wonderfully put-together, too. In addition to being a really cool look at what you've made here, three other things especially stood out to me: the use of classic pieces of Bionicle music at the beginning was superbly nostalgic; the bit where the Matoran puzzled over why he was holding a cup made me laugh; and I'd be remiss not to mention that I especially loved the shot of Macku and Hewkii that you included!

Really nice work! Can't wait to see how this gets used in the future :D

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you'll do with it!

And thanks a lot! Yeah, the music choices were specifically done because of nostalgia. They're nostalgic to me for various reasons and I thought it'd be fitting to put those tracks in there for approximately the same reasons what they were previously used for.

Of course I had to put Maku and Hewkii in there! I'm not gonna let Greg be the final word on every detail of the Bionicle universe. Bionicle canon to me is what is presented in published materials. There'll be conflicts here and there, especially when accounting for the movies, but they're not solvable. If I were to hang onto every word Greg has said about the Bionicle universe then I'd have to accept that Bionicles don't have hands either... or that doors don't exist. Yes, doors. According to Greg there aren't any doors in the Bionicle universe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tattorack said:

Select a pole, press G to grab, then change its position.

If it still doesn't do anything then there'd indeed be a problem with how the poles are set up. Not sure what would've happened, but I'll see what I can do.

Nope, it works just fine now. Thanks!

• Upvote 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, TERIDAX941 said:

Hey, congrats on getting featured (though I knew as soon as you posted this you would) :D

I hope it helps spread the word around. Althooouugghh... The video did already get nearly 2k views.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:24 AM, Ta-metru_defender said:

This looks super neat. I may mess around with it later, but I'm required to ask: Akaku when?

Good question. I got plenty of masks and tools still to make, The Akaku is absolutely one of the ones I'm looking forward to to make.

• 1 year later...