BZPRPG - News and Discussion

10 minutes ago, Wotz said:

Wow I picked a good time to make my quad-annual BZPRPG visit, holy Slappa-Nui

So I'm not saying I'm back, but I seem to remember giving my characters away to a bunch of people. Anyone know if that's a real memory, and if so who has them, and do they still play this game?

Anyway you guys are the greatest and I love that this is happening right now <3

WOTZ!

You absolute legend, it's great to see you again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

a1e.png

edit: oh right i gotta ask about my character. about 5 years ago he was imprisoned by ta-koro guard to be interrogated but nobody ever did the interrogation. so he's kinda stuck in limbo atm and i changed my mind about cheesing him out of prison between the arcs, as i don't want him to become a fugitive. could maybe some ta-koro guard character take care of him?

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Upvote 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

24 minutes ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

edit: oh right i gotta ask about my character. about 5 years ago he was imprisoned by ta-koro guard to be interrogated but nobody ever did the interrogation. so he's kinda stuck in limbo atm and i changed my mind about cheesing him out of prison between the arcs, as i don't want him to become a fugitive. could maybe some ta-koro guard character take care of him?

After that long you can probably just say he's served his time or whatever

• Like 2

Meet the Broker.

Attention, warlords. Want to trade in your fortress loot for something a little more your style? Need a shipment of guns fresh from the forges of Khy;Barr, or the resources and workforce to extend your fort? Looking for some intel on a troublesome rival?

Attention, warriors and wanderers of all stripes. Do you need new weapons, or rare items? Information? Protection? Or perhaps you're just looking for a steady job that won't get you killed?

Whatever you need to get ahead on Zakaz, the Broker can help you get it — for a price. Sure, you've got to ask yourself whether you can afford to go to him...but can you afford not to?

• Like 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

People's memories of the place have not come back yet. And from what I understand the two options to get there will be going through the gate from Mata Nui (not back though) or sailing there by ship.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

LkqTlCk.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Re)introducing The Outsiders

The island of Mata Nui is already home to a multitude of characters, villages, and factions. But for the misfits and mercenaries, outcasts and oddballs, it can be hard to find a good place or group to fit in with.

That’s where The Outsiders come in. Founded during the last arc, this mercenary band operate out of Obsidian Outpost, maintaining and defending the Ko-Wahi side of the cable car network as part of an official alliance with Ko-Koro. The Outsiders welcome members of all species and skillsets, and take missions all across the island for all kinds of employers.

How do I sign up?

Recruitment is fairly straightforward: just walk in and ask for a job. Whether your character is a warrior or wanderer, artisan or armourer, sellsword or spy, The Outsiders are sure to find a use for your skills. Members of The Outsiders are considered “contractors” with Ko-Koro, and the local Akiri has expressed a willingness to overlook past actions of characters with criminal backgrounds (within reason) who sign up with the group.

If you want to discuss stuff OOC first, feel free to get in touch and I’d be happy to hash something out. If you’d prefer to skip over the recruitment process, I’m also happy to accept characters as being established, pre-existing members of the group whose recruitment occurred off-screen during the timeskip. Outsiders characters from last arc are also welcome to return. In addition, members of the organisation are always on the lookout for other potential recruits, and may approach talented individuals they’ve seen or heard about on their travels.

As part of the sign-on process, your character will undergo a challenge of some kind to allow them to showcase their skills (eg. a duel with an existing member of the group, a demonstration of climbing or lock-picking, etc), as a way to introduce your character and get in some interaction with other members of the group. Once part of The Outsiders, characters can choose to take on a codename that embodies their abilities or persona, and will be able to have their say in missions and other decisions. Members will gain a room and storage space to call their own at the outpost, and a share of the food and water supplies. Joining the group will give members greater access to contracts and employment opportunities, and of course, plenty of new comrades to join them on missions. 

Missions needed.

If you want to hire The Outsiders for a job, you can contact them by letter, by sending a messenger, or by visiting their outpost in person. The group will (hopefully) have characters capable of dealing with a wide variety of tasks, such as assassination, theft or infiltration, hunting dangerous rahi, and serving as bodyguards or hired muscle.

Prices are negotiable, with widgets, equipment, weaponry, supplies, and information all acceptable commodities depending on the nature of the task. Anyone who’s got some juicy plot hooks or mission ideas they’d like to throw our way is welcome to do so.

A fresh start.

For those who might not have the fondest memories of the group from last arc, the founding player hasn’t been around for about two years and didn’t inform anyone of their long-term plans for the group, so what I’m going for here is a bit of a soft reboot that will hopefully avoid the mistakes of last time.

There won’t be any secretive recruitment rituals, nor harassing of passers-by. Barring an in-game conflict, the outpost’s gates will be open at all times, and travellers will be able to pass freely through the outpost without feeling pressured to acknowledge or interact with the mercs if they don’t want to. At the order of Akiri Tarkahn of Ko-Koro, The Outsiders will be continuing to extract tolls from travellers (with the exception of military personnel), with 40% of profits being diverted directly to Ko-Koro.

Other stuff.

A maximum of two characters per player are allowed to be members of the organisation.

The Outsiders are aimed more towards neutral characters, so lawful good heroes or moustache-twirling puppy-kickers probably aren’t going to be a great fit with the group.

Even though they’re a mercenary organisation that sometimes break the law, The Outsiders still have a formal working relationship with one Koro, and aim to maintain a good reputation with other people and groups around the island. This means civilian casualties and collateral damage during missions are very much frowned upon, and there will be consequences for operatives who engage in these sorts of actions.

Be creative. Share your ideas for the group, in-character or out. The goal is to create opportunities for fresh, fun interaction, so don’t be afraid to speak up.

It’s not required reading, but further information on the group and its history can be found by checking out the wiki pages for the organisation and its base of operations. If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM or message me on Discord.

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 6

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What are the Outsiders' opinions on, say, train heists?

(Asking for a friend)

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sounds like a risky but rewarding job. 

I suspect this is a reference to something from last arc that might have gone slightly over my head. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

20 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Sounds like a risky but rewarding job. 

I suspect this is a reference to something from last arc that might have gone slightly over my head. 

No, that old gig? We're gonna be much more professional than that.

It's actually reference to something that will happen this arc, provided enough widget-loving risk-takers from the Outsiders are there to help make it happen ;)

This is the public call to arms - if you have a lawfully-dubious character that likes widgets, joyrides, trains, heists, train heists, and perhaps most importantly, fun, then I'd recommend getting them started at or near the Outsiders, because some foolhardy thief might just propose the biggest score of their lives.

Expect some movement on the planning side for that soon™

So if you want to take part, getting a character to the Outsiders within the not-too-distant future is your fastest ticket to the wildest Iron Mahi ride that they'll ever see.

It will certainly not be easily, and success is by no means guaranteed, but the plan is that it will at the very least be legendary. What more could a merc want?

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

All good. Technically it is abandoned, in the sense that the only Outsiders characters currently in play are Minnorak, who's in Ko-Koro at the moment, and the caretaker/cable car repair guy Kain, who nebulously lives in the outpost somewhere but only really exists when the plot requires him to.

• Like 1

Oh, wow, the Outsiders are coming back?  There's a pleasant surprise.  I always did feel a little bad that we kinda fizzled out the first time around.  Charek very likely won't be rejoining, but I do hope he gets to run into some familiar faces in the near future!

• Like 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

7 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Ok, some clarification questions.

1. do the people of Mata-Nui know anything about Zakaz?

2. just in case, how does moving between islands work?

1. There was previously a mysterious fog covering much of the ocean. This fog caused amnesia in those it touched, meaning that any beings who managed to travel to Mata Nui from elsewhere (or just appeared there through Makuta's machinations) did not remember their home or their prior lives (with some exceptions, most notably the Dasaka expedition). However, since the activation of the Vault portal, this fog has begun to clear in places, and Zakazian beings' memory has begun to return. This means that Mata Nui as a whole has only just learned of the existence of Zakaz, via a bunch of Skakdi and Lesterin all starting to remember it at the same time. Note that the reverse does not apply: Zakaz is not yet aware of Mata Nui.

2. Currently the only means of travel to Zakaz is via a long sea journey. Instantaneous travel between Mata Nui and the Kentoku Archipelago is possible in theory via the Vault portals, but this is likely to be highly dangerous due to the Rahkshi presence at both ends.

• Like 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

THIS is an open announcement that my assassin Vortixx from arc 1, Illicia, is all profiled up and available for work. Some may remember her as Onewa's killer. Well, his 'kuka killed him but hey, it's good for her resumé, right?

Anyway, if you want anyone or anything murdered, stolen, scared or if you have any other job in mind for a stealth-type character then pop me a DM. Her rates are steep but negotiable. Service charges may apply.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wotz said:

THIS is an open announcement that my assassin Vortixx from arc 1, Illicia, is all profiled up and available for work. Some may remember her as Onewa's killer. Well, his 'kuka killed him but hey, it's good for her resumé, right?

Anyway, if you want anyone or anything murdered, stolen, scared or if you have any other job in mind for a stealth-type character then pop me a DM. Her rates are steep but negotiable. Service charges may apply.

Imagine claiming credit for a slug's work.

[scoffs in railgun sniper rifle]

• Like 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I think I already know the answer to these, but I'll ask for the sake of clarification anyway.

1 hour ago, Ghosthands said:

Zakazian beings' memory has begun to return. This means that Mata Nui as a whole has only just learned of the existence of Zakaz, via a bunch of Skakdi and Lesterin all starting to remember it at the same time. 

Vortixx are mentioned as historically having been on Zakaz at one point in time, before "becoming one with the higher mysteries". At this point in time, do Vortixx characters on the island of Mata Nui have any memory of Zakaz (or an as-yet-undiscovered homeland of their own)? 

1 hour ago, Ghosthands said:

Note that the reverse does not apply: Zakaz is not yet aware of Mata Nui.

Do characters on Zakaz have any awareness of Kentoku, or other inhabited islands we haven't seen yet?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Vortixx are mentioned as historically having been on Zakaz at one point in time, before "becoming one with the higher mysteries". At this point in time, do Vortixx characters on the island of Mata Nui have any memory of Zakaz (or an as-yet-undiscovered homeland of their own)? 

Not at present, no. The Vortixx on Zakaz disappeared too long ago for any to have ended up on Mata Nui. Where the Vortixx on Mata Nui came from is, for now, a mystery both IC and OOC.

39 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Do characters on Zakaz have any awareness of Kentoku, or other inhabited islands we haven't seen yet?

Perhaps in the very oldest and vaguest of their myths, much like the Dasaka had myths regarding beings that sound rather like the Matoran/Toa/Turaga of Mata Nui. But on a practical level, no. As for other inhabited islands, a Vortixx homeland somewhere to the north is mentioned in the ancient stories of the Skakdi and Lesterin, but its precise location (if it even still exists, given what happened to the Vortixx themselves) is unknown.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Geardirector said:

It really is 2013

Can't wait for those new Star Wars movies!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pteronura Brasiliensis said:

Imagine claiming credit for a slug's work.

[scoffs in railgun sniper rifle]

did you have someone in bad company, brockway? this has been bothering me since yesterday

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

outsiders are back? too bad my character already got another job that probably pays better B-)

anyways am i allowed to bunny an npc ta-koro guard to get my imprisoned character out of prison? he was detained to be interrogated so i could just do the interrogation and let him go

though im not sure if the ta-koro guard would let an akreian worshipper go, even if they didnt technically commit any crime. talk about bigotry

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

5 minutes ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

outsiders are back? too bad my character already got another job that probably pays better B-)

anyways am i allowed to bunny an npc ta-koro guard to get my imprisoned character out of prison? he was detained to be interrogated so i could just do the interrogation and let him go

though im not sure if the ta-koro guard would let an akreian worshipper go, even if they didnt technically commit any crime. talk about bigotry

nA8rLRn.jpg

yeah go for it, i still have a few characters i need to post for before i can bring back my guard character. you've languished long enough

-Tyler

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

1 hour ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

outsiders are back? too bad my character already got another job that probably pays better 

Yeah, I had a bit of a laugh/panic moment when I saw you were already doing almost exactly what I was planning to do.

I wish Dartakh the best of luck with his new job. You're probably right about it paying better.

6 hours ago, Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) said:

Charek very likely won't be rejoining, but I do hope he gets to run into some familiar faces in the near future!

Nice to see another name I recognise from the old Outsiders roster. I look forward to seeing what shenanigans he gets up to.

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

Hm.  I was thinking about having Joskander visit Dahkapa in jail at some point, but I've been putting that on hold while I ask around on how prison visits are conducted.  If Dahkapa gets out, that might save me some trouble...

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

4 minutes ago, Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) said:

Hm.  I was thinking about having Joskander visit Dahkapa in jail at some point, but I've been putting that on hold while I ask around on how prison visits are conducted.  If Dahkapa gets out, that might save me some trouble...

a prison meeting would be cool as idk how joskander could track him down otherwise. i only wanted to get him out because there was no one to interact with really

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

have it so that the visit was actually before the timeskip and he gave Dahkapa a big birthday cake with miniature pickaxe inside and a poster of Zataka, and the entire timeskip was him shawshanking his way out

Edited by BULiK

You joke, but a visit before the timeskip would actually make sense.  Joskander was planning to pop on over back in the wrap-up topic, back when Ko-Koro was still being liberated.