BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC:

Desde absorbed the details of the Akiri's home with curiosity. As a princess, and later Chojo, she'd technically had license to roam anywhere in the Palace - anywhere in the Kentoku Archipelago, if she'd really wished it. She got a little wistful, thinking of all the times she'd been dutiful in not evoking her privilege. Yusanora had wanted her hidden away from the ills of the world...or maybe she had just wanted her own reputation salvaged, but her reasons were beyond them all now. What mattered was that she had missed the same childhood full of exploration and exotic sights that her sister and Hanako (where was she?) had enjoyed - so, viewed from that lens, she had a wonderful time being guided through Akiri Hahli's home and office. 

Still riding off the high of making the Commodore's aura flash with embarrassment, she sat down at Yumi's right. It was odd to think of herself as Yumi's right hand, the only place she had wanted to be all her life, and it was a numbing experience to have finally attained that seat here, in this alien world so far from home. All she could hope was that one day, her sister would be this willing to show Desde her love in Sado, too. The two of them ruling together...

She smiled shyly and hugged one of her knees, parking her sharp chin atop it as Yumiwa and Hahli shared tea orders. A teal-and-black armored Matoran who had been in Hahli's retinue went to fetch them their boba, which Hahli explained to an excited Yumi had been another example of cultural exchange. Some of the Ringti had introduced the tea to the Ga-Matoran markets, and it was now in turn being served to the Rora as her first drink in a new world. It was kind of exciting. When Desde was asked if she would like a drink, she thought for a second and then blurted out:

"May I please have a beer?"

.:My Chojo, is that perhaps the wisest...:.

Desdemona cut off Masa with a mental crunch, and within a minute she was happily sipping on her very first Mata Nuian alcohol. Yumi looked a little shocked at her rebellious display, but there were many reasons why Hanako used to affectionately call her Hurricane Desde. When Hahli wasn't looking, she licked the foam from her lips quickly and decided to focus on negotiations.

"Now, as to your second point," Hahli continued after a good-natured debate between the two leaders on coconut-papaya versus mango, "prolonged Dasakan settlement. Commodore Ayiwah and I have discussed detaching Marines as guides as her crew explored various parts of the island. One of your own clanmates, Umbraline Sinshi, has expressed interest in joining the Ga-Koro Marines already, and from what I understand one of your warriors was a big help in reclaiming Ko-Koro from the cultists of Makuta. So we would be honored to have you plant roots here in Ga-Wahi, first. But I have to warn you that as we do, Menti - like Sinshi and Dakte - are going to want to explore the island. They're going to run into dangers. Some are like what Menti probably face in the Kentoku Archipelago, but some are unique to us here on Mata Nui. As your people spread out, they're going to have to adapt the way we have."

IC:

"Sin-shiiii! Daijunoooo!"

The Toa of Earth had finally appeared for work, late as always, trying not to cough from the scalding her throat had received. In her haste, she had tried to chug coffee that was a little too hot, a little too fast; her lips burned and she greedily sucked in the salty, cool air of Ga-Koro in a fruitless quest for relief. Nonetheless, she looked giddy to see the new faces, and she bounced up to the assembled Dasaka with her usual wide smile on her face. 

"Toa Leah!" she greeted with a respectful salute. The arm lowered in a flourish to wrap around Sinshi's shoulders, and Whitehot braced herself against her Menti for support. "Sinshi, hiiii. Hi, new Menti! --Hey, Daijuno." Her voice lowered, conscious of the normally-gregarious, lecherous Dashi's glum look.

"Is everything okay? You seem down this morning."

-Tyler 

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

[Ga-koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]
“Nothing, huh?”  Fascinating.   “My family’s really into that sort of thing.  Picking minds apart carefully.”

I took an appreciative shlorp of the miso soup that had arrived.

“I’m not careful though, so.   Probably shouldn’t let me do anything to your head.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@TL01 NUVA@Tarn

[Ga-koro, Docks (Pradhai)]

“Oh, yes.  Terrible things.   Like slugs, except less a staple food source for small rahi and more of a terrifying pilot of a metal suit.   I tried to willhammer one of the things once--nearly lost my head.”

The old datsue looked around at the crowd of refugees.   “Mako, dear, I’m afraid all this excitement is a bit much for Laka.   Know of a more private place where we could shoot the breeze, as it were?”

The serpentine rahi was forming a coil around it’s bond partner, as if to remove itself from as many possible stepping-on’s as possible.

OOC: @Geardirector

• Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Daijuno | Ga-Koro

"I ... yes, yes, I'm fine, not to worry," Daijuno said, trying to casually sidle away the mob of well-wishers that seemed to be growing around her. It was strange -- in another life and time, she would have been crowing to have so many high-and-mighty Menti hanging on her every word. But now, for some reason, it seemed more claustrophobic than anything. The idea of needing help from anyone ... even at a time like this....

"I appreciate all of your generosities," she said, nodding to each person in turn, "but I ... I don't think we'll have much luck running around the beach looking for one person in this rush."

She turned back to Toa Leah.

"Ms. Maru," she continued, "I hate to ask another favour of you, but if you could find a way to have those directing the docking process suggest to any Saihoko who've made it here to head to my offices? They're over just across the street from the Tidalpool. If Zyla's here, she'll be sure to go there once she hears that. And if not ... there will be plenty of my caste who'll be needing a benefactor here."

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Sato's eyebrow went up just a little higher, her smile shifting from mischievous to a bit bemused. "Would this be the one who picked out the jacket for you, cousin?" she asked, quickly taking stock of Whitehot. Tall, shapely—with a nice jacket of her own—and muscled enough it looked like she could toss a fully grown Kane-Ra a few bio without much trouble.

I always knew Sinshi had good taste.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"This is she. Umbraline Sato, Hogo Karoru, Sergeant Munequita. White, Umbraline Sato, Hogo Karoru." The Menti said, pointing at each person in turn. The look on her face became studiously innocent, leaning slightly into the arm around her shoulders. "She's the local law so play nice."

IC:

"That's a better idea. Where's he?"

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Lekua, Ga-Koro Docks

If Lekua had learned one thing from his incredible journey across the endless sea to a fantastic foreign world, it was that he hated boats.

Wait, he knew that already.

Lekua officially learned nothing from his life-changing, destiny-defining quest.

Other things Lekua hates, besides boats:

• ships
  • water
  • oceans
  • rahkshi
  • infected rahi
  • water (again)
  • mysterious Matoran who won’t give you a straight answer
  • having no earthly idea what’s going on, ever

(He was used to that last one by now, at least).

Things Lekua likes:

• psychic ladies?
  • the dragons were pretty cool in retrospect
  • finally getting off this spirit-forsaken boat

Any minute now.

His eyes scanned the sky, but he heard the bird before he saw it. Cyclone landed quite suddenly on the deck behind him with a screech and a flurry of wings, much to the alarm of some of those aforementioned psychic ladies. The kahu nipped at Lekua affectionately, and he grinned widely, patting the bird’s neck in greeting. “I missed you too, buddy. Let’s get out of here, yeah? Some food or something?”

He leaped on the kahu’s back and they were off. Far below, he saw Leli and Tarnok disembarking, and he spared them a quick wave. He’d see them again soon enough. Maybe.

/

“There’s good.” He pointed down at a building labeled THE GREAT TAKEA. “Platform looks kinda crowded though. No need to go all the way.” Cyclone wheeled gently toward the building, at when they were some ten feet off the ground Lekua stood up in the saddle and leaped, somersaulting once, twice, landing in a roll, springing through the door.

IC: Iraanus, Great Takea

As Rhow and Taoki were caught up in their talk of sea travel, it fell to Iraanus to address the daredevil Le-Matoran who had just fallen from the sky beside them. “You there, welcome to—”

Above them, the newcomer’s kahu perched on the Takea’s roof. “Oi! Sorry, but you can’t park your bird—”

But the Matoran was already inside. Iraanus rolled his eyes, then directed them at the kahu, firing off a quick warning burst of impact vision. With a cry of alarm, the bird took flight, soaring off above the town.

Right. Anyway.

He turned back to his coworkers. “As I was gonna say, prob’ly some bad stuff happenin’ back home to make so many of ‘em come all this way.” He frowned for a moment, then grinned. “Either way, though, should be good for business, eh? Might finally be time to expand the buildin’.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@Palm

Edited by BBBBalta
formatting
  • Like 8

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:

"Sinshi, I always play nice." Sato smiled warmly at Whitehot, giving another small bow.

Of course, further in the back of her head...

If you hurt my cousin I'll cut you to ribbons and feed you to the Kavinika. They'll never find you. The protodites won't even be able to find you. I will destroy you if you do anything bad to—

The warm smile was still there when Sato came back up from the bow. "Nice to meet you!"

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

"Yeah, I have a feeling that a lot of people are really f- AHH!"

Eita shouted as he was startled by a green-colored Matoran who literally jumped through the door of the restaurant.

"Zataka's rear, do people often leap into buildings on this island?!"

OOC: @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Mel @BBBBalta

• Like 2

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro - Great Takea

Zataka’s rear? That was a new one.

Nale shrugged, seemingly not bothered by the appearance of the Le-Matoran and his Kahu. “You’d be surprised,” she said to Eita. “People around here always know how to make an entrance.”

She raised her head to look over at the newly-arrived patron. “Nice landing!”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@TL01 NUVA@Mel@BBBBalta

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Kimala - Great Takea

The Toa of Crystal ducked instinctively as a blur of green sailed over her shoulder, nearly dropping the Mukau-sized bag she was shouldering. The danger had already well cleared her head though, so she slipped her way through the door as best she could. It looked like it was a Le-Matoran that had sailed past her. Not too surprising, they were famous for their hyperactivity, after all. She smirked and brought the package to the nearest spot that could fit it and set it down. The Dashi it belonged to bowed thankfully.

She intended to return to the docks to help move more, but a scratch in her throat made her realize how parched she was. Well, she was at a bar, she might as well knock back a Toa-sized glass of juice.

OoC: Open to interaction. Also I can't @ people for some reason, so be warned.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"No problem, ma'am" I answered back. The honorific just coming along with the sentence as if it was permanently attached. In all honesty, Pradhai was well deserving of it. She'd been old when I was still a strapping young lad with more training than sense. Her calling me old was the real honor being bestowed here, because the flower of my youth wasn't what I could call the best years of my life. If anything, those were still ahead of me.

"I was just about to and get a drink when you caught up with me. How's that sound?"

OOC: @Mel

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

: Karoru

Daijuno's anxious tones wove their way through Karoru's fevered thoughts. She began paying attention in time to hear: 

"I hate to ask another favour of you, but if you could find a way to have those directing the docking process suggest to any Saihoko who've made it here to head to my offices? They're over just across the street from the Tidalpool. If Zyla's here, she'll be sure to go there once she hears that. And if not ... there will be plenty of my caste who'll be needing a benefactor here."

So her friend was a Saihoko, who may have gone by a different name, may or may not even be on the ships here.

The guard winced. Not good odds, even by the standards of their current situation. However, the ex-Royal Guard couldn't bring herself to voice this doubt. Karoru's heart was soft beneath the glass and bluster, and ultimately she just wanted to help however she could.

"Miss Daijuno. While the sight of a royal guard rounding up Saihoko might seem… worrisome… I am happy to lend a hand. Otherwise, erm… I am at your disposal, marm."

[OOC: @Void Emissary]

IC: Nara, The Great Takea

Dinner and a show thought the Ga-Koran as she tabulated the ongoing events.

The newcomer to their table was a Willhammer, a type of Menti Nara had not met before. But she'd heard stories. Some good, some chilling and, hopefully, exaggerated. But either way, it was a potentially dangerous individual that had joined their group. 

This did not mean Nara would begrudge the poor dear a good meal. It just meant she'd need to make sure nothing untoward was tried with either Nale or her friend.

The commotion at the door caught her attention, and she couldn't help but chuckle despite herself at the Le-Matoran's antics.

"Good attempt, poor follow through. The Ko-Koran judge only gave you a four."

[OOC: @Xemnas
 @Mel
 @Tarn
 @BBBBalta]

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC:

"Hey, Kellin!" Tarnok, just barely, could spot the Matoran in the sea of Dasakan blue and crystal. He set Leli's chest of plunder down gently on Cancer's back, as mindful of how it was placed as he would have been for his own crab. Just because it was light enough for him to handle was no reason to be rude. Could the other Matoran hear him? He raised a hand and waved, repeating himself; "Kellin!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Daijuno | Ga-Koro

While the thought of continued politeness towards a royal bodyguard irked Daijuno to no end, this Karoru had been generous to her. And she seemed to be having almost as rough a time right now as Dai was.

"No," she said, forcing a gracious smile. "We don't need to be bringing the saihoko anywhere. Let's just tell them about this, and leave it to their own decision-making. Although, Ms. Karoru, if you'd want to coordinate that suggestion-giving with the menti just getting off the ship, that would also be much appreciated."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Karoru 

Exactly my point  thought the ex-guard.

She hadn't meant to literally corral people, just to ask that they all move in that direction. But her armor and… occasional lack of tact… could easily turn this into an Incident.

"Agreed, if only to prevent any further misunderstandings. I never meant to force anybody anywhere. I apologize if I gave the impression of otherwise. I may be dressed like a Royal Guard, but I promise I've not been one for some time."

And what would you have me do if this person doesn't come?

"Also… if I could have at least a brief physical description I could at least try and check if any of the ones I send your way match the description… i-in case they're held up on the way."

Translation: in case the person you're looking for really doesn't want to be found.

[OOC: @Void Emissary]

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

“Oh believe me, some people think loud enough I don’t even need to go into their heads to see things I don’t want.   Mmmf.”

But really, this pokawi was fantastic.   I could just keep ignoring all the people coming in, or the way that one of the foreign dashi was looking at me with wariness now.  I peared at the other one, the one who had just somersaulted in.     I do appreciate people who know how to be dramatic, being an old hand at it myself.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA@BBBBalta@~Xemnas~@Tarn

9 hours ago, Geardirector said:

"I was just about to and get a drink when you caught up with me. How's that sound?"

“Well you certainly know the way to an old woman’s heart.  I haven’t had a good bottle of sake in a season!”    The Vilda datsue stepped back, gesturing with a hand.

“Lead the way, you charmer.”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro, Docks) 

"We're two of a kind today, it seems," I answered back in good humor. This was all starting to finally feel a little bit like home, in a good way.

"Well, Kama here's not awake at the moment to serve as my personality so I've got to let the alcohol do the talking instead." I added with a smirk.

"I think you'll like it here. This island doesn't lack for interesting places to go, or for colorful company" 

Into town we went, the object of interested looks by the locals, Pradhai and her snake most of all. I led us away from the docks, away from the center of the action. Let's see... 

"Ah here we go. Tidalpool Inn."

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lekua, Great Takea

Lekua stopped casually at the table of admirers on his way to the bar. “Getting some mixed reviews, I see. Think I’ll choose to believe yours,” he said with a wink at the Kakama-wearing Matoran. “As to your question, by the way—” he turned to the one with the Calix and grinned “—nope, I’m the only one.” His brow furrowed as he took a closer look at the Dashi. “Say, have we met somewhere? Would have been back on Sado, or maybe you came over on the Yukanna too?”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Tarn@TL01 NUVA@Mel

• Like 1

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: One Seeking... Nothing.

The craft that found its way into Ga-Koro would have perhaps been of note on any other day. A craft it was, for to call the floating mass of mangrove roots and plantlife bound together on the bare semblance of a hull could hardly be be called a boat, ship, or even a sloop--it seemed to lack any sort of propulsion, and seemed more a collection of small quarters and orchardry than a vessel. As it reached a dock, the vines that covered the deck reached out, tendrils grasping like so many elongated fingers to snag the pier and anchor the ship in place. Its only occupant put down his fishing pole with a weary sigh, climbed out onto shore, and padded toward the Great Takea.

His wooden plates clattered as he limped toward it, one of the few that hadn't been scorched or otherwise carbonized flowering with a few purple blossoms that sprouted from remaining twigs on the plate's surface. He frowned beneath his battered Kualsi.

A bare thought and mall sprouts spread from the ruined skin beneath his wooden armor, securing it to his body and stopping the clatter before he pulled the door open. He moved to the bar where it had begun the years before, and sat down, his warm yellow eyes drawing across the new island arrivals before he rasped out in a ruined, quiet voice for something to drink and the catch of the day, dropping a few widgets on the bar. 

OOC: @~Xemnas~@BBBBalta@Mel@TL01 NUVA@Tarn 
feel free to ignore battered bo-toa : P

Edited by Leaf

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

1 hour ago, Leaf said:

IC: One Seeking... Nothing.

IC: Kimala

The Toa of Crystal observed the Toa's strange approach as she continue helping the refugees, unable to help but stare. A commotion distracted her, as a Dasaka on an incoming boat started to raise a ruckus about the floating mass of plant matter in her way. Some authorities approached to take a look at the craft- for indeed, it was little else. She hastily set down what she was doing and jogged back into the Great Takea. She spotted the Toa who had ridden in on the floating mass and approached.

"Sorry, I do apologize for bothering you," she said to the individual, "I just wanted to inform you that it looks like the authorities are going to forcibly move and/or sink your... vessel, to make room at the docks." She gestured vaguely in its direction, not that it was necessary. She was sure the Toa knew where the boat was. "You see, the docks are full to bursting right now, so unauthorized docking isn't being taken very well. I just wanted to let you know." For all she could tell, there was a 50-50 chance the ship was completely disposable, versus a very sentimental possession that would be missed, and she couldn't help but not mind her business, as ever.

BZPRPG Profiles

On 9/5/2021 at 2:53 PM, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

"Now, as to your second point," Hahli continued after a good-natured debate between the two leaders on coconut-papaya versus mango, "prolonged Dasakan settlement. Commodore Ayiwah and I have discussed detaching Marines as guides as her crew explored various parts of the island. One of your own clanmates, Umbraline Sinshi, has expressed interest in joining the Ga-Koro Marines already, and from what I understand one of your warriors was a big help in reclaiming Ko-Koro from the cultists of Makuta. So we would be honored to have you plant roots here in Ga-Wahi, first. But I have to warn you that as we do, Menti - like Sinshi and Dakte - are going to want to explore the island. They're going to run into dangers. Some are like what Menti probably face in the Kentoku Archipelago, but some are unique to us here on Mata Nui. As your people spread out, they're going to have to adapt the way we have."

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

"If it is feelings of concern you have for my people, I'm grateful for the sentiment though I assure you they are unnecessary," I said and smiled thinly as I set a bamboo cup of sake on the table. "It is every Dasaka's right to see what lies beyond the great blue horizon or the white alpine curtains and discover their limits in the manner of their choosing. What challenges my Menti throw themselves against is the business of them and their Toroshu—my business is that they have a place to call home when they return from testing their mettle."

I took another sip of the wine to gather a thought before continuing. Over my reign I'd realized how slow Dasaka culture is to adapt to new threats and quick to fall back on old habits and the invasion we were woefully ill equipped to combat is a testament to this inadequacy. Tradition is heralded as the ultimate rule—or, at least, it had been—but that was changing. "Akiri... I do worry about our future if we are not able to shift to meet our needs, whether that is fighting foes we've never seen before or finding our place in a large new world, and it is my duty as Rora to help my people navigate change. Adaptation is a lesson all Dasaka are going to have to come to learn, and there is no quicker and healthy way for them to do so than to take it from those who have spent their whole lives fighting against shifting odds. It would be our honor to have your Marines help the more daring Dasaka acclimate to this new land and learn from your own lessons and history and I would be a fool to turn down resources and guidance. 

"The Dasaka Nation will gladly settle our anchors and moorings in Ga-Wahi and call it our home even as we are bound to stretch out across Mata Nui, Akiri Hahli, and I am grateful for the assistance you have both offered and already tendered. I mean it when I say I am absolutely humbled by your hospitality. We can figure out the details of the arrangement tomorrow, of course. But for right now, I feel there is much work to be done with my toroshu and captains to communicate the bargain struck. They are all very restless and deserve to know they are safe here."

I'd done enough talking by that point and settled back in my seat for a moment in case either my sis or cousin had something to interject, or Hahli to add, but I was anxious to speak with my commodore ASAP to begin the process of both debriefing and planning. And the gift-giving, dubious as the gift would be.

@Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Caedast

18 minutes ago, ARROW404 said:

The Toa of Crystal observed the Toa's strange approach as she continue helping the refugees, unable to help but stare. A commotion distracted her, as a Dasaka on an incoming boat started to raise a ruckus about the floating mass of plant matter in her way. Some authorities approached to take a look at the craft- for indeed, it was little else. She hastily set down what she was doing and jogged back into the Great Takea. She spotted the Toa who had ridden in on the floating mass and approached.

"Sorry, I do apologize for bothering you," she said to the individual, "I just wanted to inform you that it looks like the authorities are going to forcibly move and/or sink your... vessel, to make room at the docks." She gestured vaguely in its direction, not that it was necessary. She was sure the Toa knew where the boat was. "You see, the docks are full to bursting right now, so unauthorized docking isn't being taken very well. I just wanted to let you know." For all she could tell, there was a 50-50 chance the ship was completely disposable, versus a very sentimental possession that would be missed, and she couldn't help but not mind her business, as ever.

IC: 

"It's a garden," the Bo-Toa said quietly, his yellow eyes flicking over the Toa of Crystal with faint amusement but a stronger tone of warmth. "My intent was as an offering of fresh food to the refugees you are welcoming from a long journey."

He considered for a long moment, no words coming in the silence, before finally speaking. "I would move it rather than see the food go to waste. Do not let them forget my meal, yes?"

The haggard Toa limped out of the door, before a faint pop---and then a minute later, another, limping back in. "I moved it."

He had. His offbrand Kualsi did wonders for going long distances in a moment, and the boat was actually fairly fast--helped when every root could be used as an oar. He'd moved it a ways away and out, resting distinctly out of the incoming Dasaka fleet's path and rooted to the ocean floor. "Thank you for the notice. Is there anything I can do for you otherwise?"

OOC: @ARROW404

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, Akiri Hahli’s Hut]

“An ideatalk broadcast would be ideal under the circumstances.” The commodore commented. An obvious statement, but with so much chaos around them, those helped to keep everyone on the same page. Not to mention that technically, she had not yet given a proper situation report to Yumiwa.

“Not all the ships have made it to shore yet, so it would be the best way to reach all the commanding officers and clan leaders. Once they are ashore, we can begin giving them proper orientation lessons.”

“For the time being, our priority is to finish unloading the ships and to take care of the injured and sick. We have set up shelters for them along the beach with the Matoran’s help, but more will be required as soon as possible. In the interim we can convert the ships to floating habitats, but that will also require new infrastructure like piers to be built. In the longer term, I suggest finding a spot of land where we might establish a settlement of our own, so as to not strain our host's hospitality and to give our people agency in adapting to this situation.”

Idle hands reach out to Zataka, and all that…

“But that can wait. Your highness, if it is reassurance you seek to provide right now, might I suggest visiting the shelters in person? It would do our people good to see you among them and that you have made it safely as well, I think.”

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl@Caedast

—————

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro, Docks]

The Maru’s head briefly snapped towards the sound of rustling feathers on the wind, instantly spotting the diving Kahu and just as quickly noting it was just doing a standard Le-Wahi stop’n’drop. With no danger inbound, she focused back on the group.

“You know, your commodore’s put a lot of royal guard types up on the beach to help the new arrivals,” she commented on Karoru’s concerns. “One more shouldn’t be an issue. 

OOC: @Krayzikk@TL01 NUVA@Void Emissary

—————

IC[ [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

Rhow’s eyes followed the Kahu as it took off again, then her eyes drifted down to the building that had been her home for the better part of her time on the island. It felt strange though. Like she was seeing it for the first time, just for a second.

“Expand…right.” She muttered, notably less enthusiastic than Iraanus.

Why did the suggestion feel like throwing herself into the bay with an anchor tied to her just now?

She shook her head, trying to rid herself of that particular funky feeling, then harrumphed.

“At least it’s the nice mind-scrambler ladies coming to visit…imagine half the Skakdi population rocking up here.”

She spotted another newcomer…Toa of plantlife judging by the display of vine motor control. Not in the best shape by the looks of him either. He shuffled past the group and inside, only to re-emerge, teleport and return again a moment later. Just another day on Mata Nui.

“Think we might actually have to do some work soon.”

OOC: @BBBBalta@Pteronura Brasiliensis@Palm@Wade.@Wotz

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

3 hours ago, Leaf said:

IC:

She smiled warmly. "Thanks so much for your considerate gift, It's much appreciated, even if people are too busy to mention it." She paused, wondering if it was rude of her not to have noticed that it was a garden from where she had been. "Also, thank you for moving it. You look exhausted, so I'm sorry to have asked you to get up for that. On that note, I'd rather ask if there's anything I could do for you. No good deed should go unrewarded." She beamed him a genuine smile, leaning against the bar- uncertain if the conversation would drag on long enough to warrant her sitting down yet, but also not wanting to remain standing when her conversational partner was seated.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hmmm.  I’d definitely heard something about janu-colored dashi on the way to Mata Nui, though I wasn’t sure if the thought had come from my mind or someone else's.

Regrettably, my body was telling me to slow down.   Normally I don’t listen to people telling me to slow down, but it’s hard arguing with your own cursed anatomy.   I took another bite, smaller this time.

Mmmmm, juicy.

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Tarn@BBBBalta@TL01 NUVA

On 9/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, Geardirector said:

"Ah here we go. Tidalpool Inn."

Pradhai took a look at the front of the Tidalpool Inn.   She hadn’t gotten many chances to go to a bar, so this would have been exciting even on Kentoku.

“Lovely, Mako.   Glad this one is quite so frequented as those ones down town.   Why, I saw someone riding a giant bird, and you know how Laka acts around those.”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro - Great Takea

She smiled at the Le-Matoran that had winked at her and gestured to the table. “We ordered more than enough to share around,” Nale said, her concern for Nara’s wallet now under a deep pool of cider she had drank. “I’d love to hear your story after making an entrance like that. I’m Nale, by the way.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@TL01 NUVA@Mel@BBBBalta

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

Eita sipped more of his own cider. "Yeah, seems like we have plenty of food," he said. He didn't mind another person joining them at the table; plus, he was curious to know more about the Matoran's adventures in the Kentoku Archipelago.

"I'm Eita."

OOC: @BBBBalta @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Mel

IC: Vilda Mako (Tidalpool Inn)

"Oh yes, I've gotten to see quite a wealth of all-new animal life here, and the locals are quite friendly with many of them" I remarked. I suppose that's the sort of subject Vildas are "supposed" to talk about? Well, I could take a swing at blending in with my own for just once, I suppose.

"From what I've gotten to see of them they're pretty irreverent by our standards, so don't go looking for quite the same level of worshipful groveling I know you have all around you back home" I supplied with a telling wink.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

[Ga-koro, Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]

“Ah, yes plenty of groveling for the old witch in the jungle.  Why, the beetles in my washroom prostrate themselves every morning!”

Chuckling, she tottered into the Inn, pushing open the doors with an easy flick of her mindarm.

OOC: @Geardirector

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: ??? - ???

Some time ago.

“Hey you! Are you sleeping? No? What are you doing?”

“I’m relaxing.”

“What, out here? In the middle of nowhere?”

“I’m on vacation.”

“Why not anywhere else? Try Le-Wahi.”

“Too humid.”

“Okay, then, why not Ga-Wahi-”

“Too wet.”

“Po-Wahi-”

“Too dry.”

“...Ko-”

“Too cold.”

“...And I guess Ta-Wahi is-”

“Yeah.”

“Well, it sounds like this island just wasn’t meant for you.”

“...guess not.”

The pain started in his leg again. Searing, burning pain. It slowly travelled up his prone body, festering in his ribs and making it hard to breathe. He broke out into a sweat. The sun above was baking him alive.

“I hope you-”

It began to spread again, seeping down into his arm. He dug his claws into the soil underneath them, ripping up cool sod and grass, desperate to keep that sensation flowing through his nerves from hand to brain, knowing that the pain would trace its way along the same path and scorch the earth behind it.

“-find your place-”

His arm was on fire. Ants crawling under the skin, the soil turned to ash and the grass to carbon. Nothing remained of the peace he had felt lying there, except for the cool sensation of the snow underneath his head, flakes gently settling on his brow.

“-somewhere-”

The pain flared anew in his head again, an ambush from where it had encamped itself in his arm. It was a great blaze, fuelled on by the supply lines throughout the rest of his body, flaring up and burning away memories. Its heat melted the snow keeping his head aloft, turning it to water and steam - the former drowning him, the latter scarring him. The snowflakes had become a torrential downpour. He screamed.

“-in this world.”

They would try to fit the pieces back together, but without knowing what the puzzle looked like to begin with, where would you even start?

___ __ _

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Wahi, shores of Naho Bay

Now.

He stared at his arm again. The lump of metal and servos and circuitry where there had previously been flesh and blood.

Flesh, blood, and a cannon, powered by his body and triggered by his mind. Gone now, like so much else. The doctors in Ta-Koro had taken great care in trying to remove it, as well as the device in his brain responsible for its function, but whatever had grafted itself to his body made it part of his being, as well. They could not know this. When they tore these things from his body, they tore them from his being. Parts of his mind had gone with them. Whatever was left was fractured, like the myriad reflections of oneself in a cracked mirror. All the same image, but never whole.

The rest of the damage to him was trivial. Puncture wounds healed, broken bones set. But whatever monster had made him his puppet, a creature in a pit to be jeered and bet upon… those wounds would never heal; and for the blood he - this monster - had taken, and made Baszlin take, the Skakdi would make him repay it all. But all he had was a face. No name, no place-of-residence, not even a finger taken as a trophy. Just a face.

He’d find it. Whether or not the memories came back to him was irrelevant. He’d scour the whole of Mata Nui looking for him if he had to; where else could the Toa hide?

Ah, right. There was the matter of that.

He’d only spoken to a couple of other Skakdi recently, but he got all he needed to know from them. Memories of an ancient and brutal homeland, one of strife and death, ritual and culture. The Silver Jewel at the End-of-All-Worlds, they had called it. The crucible in which all Skakdi were forged - not born. Memories of Zakaz (what a nice title for a hit song, or show, or something sappy like that!) were returning to all Skakdi on Mata Nui, except for (presumably) one.

FAN;GUURIK BAL KREK SKAK:DII

No memories for this Skakdi.

While not entirely true (he had tossed and turned in his sleep, dreaming of vague, blurred images of places he could not name but knew were Zakaz), something about his already fragmented memories also affected those of a previous life he didn’t even know he had - even BEFORE the amnesia that erased whatever life he had upon arriving on Mata Nui.

It was all a god-d##### mess. The sooner he put it from his mind, the sooner he could get on with tracking down Green-Face. He hopped off the rock he’d been perched on, and picked up the shotgun where it lay in the sand nearby, slinging it over his shoulder. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore - only now registering to him after getting so deeply lost in thought (or memories, or dreams; it was hard to tell sometimes) - returned to his awareness. He began his trek towards Ga-Koro.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Perp

IC: Leli. Leli, please. Leli, I know you know what my carapace opens up for in those specific places.

Leli, I don't have spiracles, please do not mess with my gills. I need those for air.

I honestly think you should take a look at how gracious Tarnok has been and oh look he found dip####

IC: There's my crab. And my other friends, too.

He'd already gleaned on the ride home from Lekua that the guy was just as lost as he was the whole way through. Tarnok, though? Honestly, he hoped that even if the Onu-Matoran currently loading up his partner-in-mine (and in war crime, come to think of it. Wait, was it still a war crime if you evacuated a hospital before blowing it up? Come to think of it, Ko was getting really fuzzy in his head, did he even have his Boomstick sti--)

"There you guys are! I was beginning to think I'd need to hang out on this dumb boat forever!" he called in return, before tugging his yellow scarf a touch looser and shooting the nearest Menti a quick "—no offense—" before making his way down the gangplank in proper, orderly fashion (a wave hit the side of the ship and he nearly faceplanted but played it off great), befitting a foreign dignitary returning home from destiny's calling. "Where the Karz are you takin' my crab, homes?"

What was he thinking about?

Right. Yeah, this whole thing went completely over his head except for the Rahkshi splurge. Maybe Tarnok had a better time of at least making sense of everything.

Or maybe he had his head in the right place, and those shiny trinkets from an exotic land they'd swiped were about to make all four of them serious widgets.

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 1

helo frens

IC:

"Leli needs to bring her plunder back home. My crab's still in the Koro, and I don't really want to carry the chest the whole way. Feel like coming?" The Ussalryman liked Kellin. He was an average sort, but solid for it. Normal. He'd made for a very stabilizing influence on the trip back. "You can crash at my place when we get there if you want."

fK5oqYf.jpg