BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Wahi, Ostia, Fowadi]

"That can be done, the 'Mahi should be leaving for Po-Koro and make it back before we set off," Dehkaz offered, stepping forward to slide open the door to the aftcastle on the deck. Through door and down to the left a set of stairs lead down to the deck below, while another opened to his own quarters. Down the hall a small electric lamp was glowing, a plaque labeled :r::a::m_d::i::m_o: above it.

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kale Ironshaper - Ostia - Fowadi

"As a matter of fact my family runs a smithy a little ways off of the Le-Onu trade road. That's where I got most of my new gear. I'm sure they'd love to help you out. It might take a day or two to get there though. I'm not sure if we can get there and back before the Fowadi is set to head out. Even with the Iron Mahi taking us part of the way."

Kale followed up at the back of the small party. His voice trailing off as something Krayn had said earlier resurfaced.

"You do know that there's an Iron Mahi route running between all of the Po-koro settlements no...right?"

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"I'm not that helpless!" I protested, though whether it was in response to Skyra's comment or Krayn stepping in before I could say anything, even I wasn't sure. "Kale's been helping me train, and even if all else fails with the weapons, I know at least some of you have seen what I can do with my element."

Besides, if worst came to worst, I'd just trade masks with Kale for a moment and walk him through how to fix me.

"When are we set to head out, anyways? Much as it's been nice having clear skies every day for the last two weeks, I have been melting just a bit more day by day."

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Streets]

“Hey, watch it!” the Po-Matoran carver, carrying a half finished statue with both hands, called out, as the Vortixx stepped into his path, coming around the corner without looking up. In fact, he realized she was dragging herself along the wall rather than walking.

The Matoran swerved, she stumbled in surprise, letting out a pained groan as her feet betrayed her and she fell forward, kicking up a small cloud of dust that settled on her already filthy oversized poncho.

The carver paused, unsure of how to act with his hands full. He tentatively tried with: “Are you okay…?”

The Vortixx pulled herself up against the wall, wincing as she did her head down in her lap. As she did, her poncho slipped slightly. The Matoran drew in a sharp breath at the glimpse of the hand, causing her to instantly adjust the garment. She finally looked up at him, purple eyes swimming and unfocused.

“..sorry, I am…” she rasped. “I’m sorry...you - do you…”

She winced again, then coughed drily. Finally she got the words out, slowly, putting the sentence together with great effort.

“Do you...have any food...widgets...maybe?”

The carver took a tentative step back. “Sorry, uh, I, ah...I have somewhere to be!” he stuttered and quickly began to walk away.

The Vortixx’s head had already slumped back down again. She was hugging her knees with her right arm and rocking gently back and forth.

OOC: Kohra open for interaction.

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Sure you don't, Daring. Why don't you get yourself a weekend pass and come back focused? As much as ever, at least." 

The laughter rippled just under the surface of his voice, held in place by a laudably serious expression and an exercise in self control. He had forgotten just how easy it was to rile his old Commander up. Not that Krayn had ever really been in a position to do it but he'd seen it done often enough. Now, well... Turned out being a private citizen did have some benefits. He followed Dehkaz deeper into the ship and marveled at how much things had changed just in the time that he'd been away.

This wasn't his first time seeing electric lighting, for example, but it was certainly the first time he had seen it outside a Koro. And it was the first time he had seen a ship covered in metal. And, and, and. Some shipbuilders had been very busy while he was away.

"I'd appreciate that, Commander. And you too Kale. I can get by for a while with what I have but if we ever make it to the vicinity..." The sentence trailed off, the Toa's eyes narrowing slightly as part of that answer- and question- registered. "What the Karz is an Iron Mahi?"

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The toa of Magnetism stopped on his meandering path through the ship's corridors and bulkhead doorways, a swirl of sandy dust that had accumulated on his boots continuing in his stead, and pivoted on his heel to to glance over at Krayn. His expression incredulous at first, a beat on the De-toa's expression confirmed that Krayn was indeed serious. Dehkaz's own morphed into one of understanding.

"If you think the Fowadi is impressive... Iron Mahi, it's like a great big line of metal carriages. It's electric, moves under its own power. No wind needed, no beasts of burden," He explained, "The tracks go from Forsi to Po-Koro to here. Fastest way to get around the Wahi now."

Dehkaz paused to consider something, before asking, "How long were you in Ko-Wahi, Krayn?"

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Kale stopped and looked at the De-toa. Lips quirking upwards for a moment in wry amusement that he smothered a moment later. The island was changing quickly these days. So what if the Iron Mahi had been a thing for months now, was a major source of transport in the region, and was well popular enough that people had already tried to rob it.

Yes, it connects all of the settlements in this region of Mata Nui. It's a lot easier and safer than walking or riding in a cart over the dessert.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Skyra Daring - Ostia - Fowadi

I felt myself pout as Krayn laughed and walked off as I held back firing off an angry retort. That's exactly what he wanted me to do, I wouldn't give it to him! 

The nerve of him, I'm not some horny teenager! I rubbed the left side of my temple, ####ing headache. I glanced down at my side as I got an idea. 

"Praggos...there is one weapon I haven't practiced with today." I patted the handle of my blunderbuss that was currently snuggled in it's holster. "Wanna set up some targets and do some shooting?" 

@Pteronura Brasiliensis

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Tirokk - Ostia

Being this close to the ocean was certainly not part of the juggernaut Toa's usual routes. Usually he made a point to travel only by land, avoiding the sea and other deep bodies of water as much as possible, the fear of sinking and drowning a powerful deterrent. But for what he was about to do, Tirokk realised he had to overcome that fear of the depths and do what was right. The Aggressors, he'd heard them referred to as. Sounded... well, aggressive, to be certain, but knowing the idea behind the name had brought Tirokk all the way out to Ostia in search of a particular vessel.

Walking the docks with wary step after wary step, Tirokk soon spotted the vessel he was searching for, and approached it, looking it over appreciatively. Iron clad. In emergencies, he could reach out and tether himself to it to save himself from sinking. A singular comforting thought as he approached the Fowadi.

"Hello?" Greeted a deep gravelly voice echoing from within an immense and unusually shaped suit of armour, looking almost like a cross between a suit and a torpedo, as it approached the ship with heavy but calculated steps.

• Like 1

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

In his time drifting from place to place, he had never expected Po-Koro would become a veritable oasis in the middle of the Wahi. Walled in from the desert, fortified. Beautiful, and...

...ah, screw it.

Datrox Karvan was never one for words. Truth be told, he was just bored on the tram ride. The Toa of Fire had an image, and the lonesome drifter taking public transportation was not part of that image. Sure beat walking, though. Just didn't have the same cool factor as strolling into town, cloak billowing in the hot winds of the Wahi, the sun reflecting off of his visor. Yes, very cool.

It was impressive, though. He'd rode the Iron Mahi before. Seeing that kind of technology spread, become more commonplace here, meant that things were truly advancing. The shape of Mata Nui was changing. A new day.

Even as the feeling of something terrible looming weighed in their hearts.

The Toa of Fire found his stop, and stepped off the tram into the streets of Po-Koro. Both familiar and unfamiliar. What was he doing here again? Hoping something would happen, he thought as he walked along, optics surveying the people and buildings around him. That something would fall into his lap. A fleeing pickpocket, someone in need of a drifter's help, someone...

...someone who looked to be in rough shape. 

A Vortixx woman, it looked like. This was a sad sight. Datrox glanced around, bystander effect taking place as he checked to see if anyone was going to check on her. Help her. You're the altruist, he mentally chided himself, shaking his head. You go talk to her.

He stepped closer, flipping his visor back to reveal his coral optics, a look of concern on his Huna. "Ma'am?"

OOC: Heya, Corv. @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC:

"You know I'm not good with that thing," came my quick reply. "And after Ko-Koro, and as often as you seem to be rubbing at the side of your head, I'm not exactly sure that a large concussive blast happening that close to your eardrums is a good idea in general." I paused for a moment, letting the official, medical doctor disapproval set in.

"But, yes. I've got ear plugs in my quarters. Do you have any targets in mind, or—" I glanced out at the new person walking up towards the ship, who just cut me off with their greeting. Then, turning back to Skyra...

"Target acquired."

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Skyra Daring - Ostia - Fowadi

I gave Praggos a look, "That's one way to greet a stranger. 'Hey you can we use you for target practice, we'll heal you right up after, promise!'" 

I turned away from the quack doctor to look at the newcomer. From what I could tell this Toa was of the iron variety, judging by excessive amount of armor he was wearing. Seriously how did he move in all that, and wouldn't the harsh Po-Wahi sunlight be cooking him alive? 

"Hi there, can we help you with something?" 

@Pteronura Brasiliensis @Onaku

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

First there was disbelief. Then his eyes narrowed in thought. Then a look that almost seemed chagrined came onto his face, eyes closing in deep prayers for patience to the Spirit above.

"Ah. I see." They opened. "No, I don't believe that was running the last time I spent any time in Po-Wahi. I was only here briefly before we left for Ko-Wahi. I suppose that would have taken some time off of the journey, wouldn't it have?"

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Luten - Fowadi - Ostia:

Can we ride on one someda- someone new is upstairs! I'll go see who it is!

A gentle chime sounded in Kale's mind as Luten materialised herself up on the main deck once more, standing on the railing of the ship, hands on her hips.

"Who goes there?!" she cried with false bravado, unaware that introductions had already taken place.

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 2

OOC: Sorry in advance for the length. It was probably more fitting as a wrap up post, but this works as a good reintroductory post I think, and provides a little bit of that sweet closure. For the other folks' characters mentioned, that's based on most of them having encountered Ronk at some point in the past.

IC: Ra’lhen - Ostia, Old Apartment

He hoped it would be quiet out east. 

Maybe not literally, as the port town was a common juncture for merchants and loud-mouthed sailors. But there was less of the political strife, and less of the grand-scale danger that you hear about in the big towns. The village of Ostia wasn’t a constant target for Makuta-worshippers or Piraka. It seemed like barely a blip on the map, and Ra’lhen would have welcomed that with open arms. 

Unfortunately, reality is often disappointing.  

The hazy, orange sun was showing the last of its face over the stone hills to the far west, as it took its nightly slumber and gave way to the assemblage of stars above. Ra’lhen needed to finish up what he was doing soon, but this door to his apartment had been washed so many times previously that it was starting to wear. He knew he needed to be deliberate and delicate. Additionally, he did not want to appear anxious to any Sentinels or civilians that may pass by. He was determined to remain stoic as he soberly dipped the washcloth back into a chestnut-colored basin filled with crimson-tinted water. After moving the cloth around to free it from the red particles, he lifted it out and prepared to scrub the remainder of the door.  

At this rate, there’s no way I’m finishing before nightfall, Ra’lhen thought dejectedly.  

He peered forward at the door. He had started roughly from right to left, and he had figured that he was about halfway finished with the chore. Before him, two rows of giant Matoran characters peered back, Mahi blood dripping down from a couple of the symbols 

M U R D …     R 

R O N K … 

Ra’lhen gave a soft sigh, but was resolute in hiding even the slightest hint of emotion as long as he was in the public eye. 

--- One hour later --- 

Ra’lhen lit a torch and held it up to his handiwork. His stone door was semi-porous. No matter how much he scrubbed, there would always be hints of red. And given the fact that this was the eleventh time he’s had to do this since he moved out here as a Sentinel, Ra’lhen knew that now he would have to start painting his door.  

The Toa of Lightning shuddered a bit at the idea. He felt like that would only make the target on him bigger and brighter. Still, it was more affordable than outright purchasing a new door. 

Ra’lhen supposed he should be grateful it was just paint this time. There have been a handful of times before when someone had taken a carving tool to his door, much like the ones Hafu was known for using way back in the day. Carving the words to his door made it sting even more, as if the ghost of Hafu himself had written them. 

That was almost certainly the point. 

He would have to visit the Ostia marketplace tomorrow and see if any merchants had dyes on hand. Everything was shut down at this hour. 

~~~

Soft winds paired up with shuddering greenery as the Hunter moved on his belly like a snake. The voices were muffled from under the shrubs, but decipherable all the same. The Hunter could sense the presence of five beings in the clearing one hundred feet before him, and his eyes shifted up as they stood facing each other in a circle under the full moon. 

“I don’t really care what his excuse is this time,” a feminine voice said with annoyance, “St?n??s is an ####### for staying behind” 

“I do feel like he always does this,” another voice, this one masculine, answered, “Always giving orders. Never here to help execute” 

The two warriors formed silhouettes against the flickering campfire in northern Le-Wahi, but the sounds of the Toa Maru of Water and Ice were unmistakable.  

The Hunter remained deathly still moving only his eyes ever-horizontally. His eyes rested on the Toa Maru of Air. 

“My father knows what he doing,” the Le-Toa said, “Just you wait. We’re gonna storm that hellhole and get that shadowy back for R?lh?n!” 

The Hunter did all he could not to chuckle. But something was wrong. The names were jumbled, as if the speakers were somehow mouthing two completely different names at once.  

No matter. The Hunter followed the commands given, and executed his plan of attack. 

~~~ 

Eyes. 

Big, wide eyes. 

Even though each pair had different colors, their shapes were the same, and the fear behind them also matched.  

The Toa Maru of Fire howled a high-pitched scream, one the rose an octave every half-second like a chaotic opera from Karzahni. His newly formed stump where his right hand used to be was held close to his chest by his left hand. The Toa Maru’s torso was bulkier than the Hunter had remembered. His eyes bulged with pain and disbelief. The shrillness annoyed the Hunter, and he brought his right red armored glove to meet the screamer’s jaw. The Toa of Fire’s Kanohi, with its simplified design, shattered. The Toa of Fire fell to the ground as the piercing sounds ceased.  

The Toa Maru of Water sprang forth, eyes filled with the care one would have for a brother. But clearly, it was a shield for the terror that laid behind. The Hunter didn’t even have to think for this one, though he did note the Ga-Toa seemed shorter than he remembered. A flash of light sprang from his left red armored glove, and just like that, the life left the Ga-Toa's eyes. She fell face-first into the ground before them, still as night. 

Effortlessly, the Hunter brought his armored right glove forward in an uppercut motion, batting away one ice beam from the Toa Maru of Ice and narrowly dodging a second. 

This one would need more power.  

The Hunter placed both his Proto-Knuckles together and channeled his element through both of them. A crack and a boom followed, along with a flash of light so bright that it even staggered the Hunter a little bit. Before him, his Ko-Toa adversary flew away, the melted bits of his armor tracking his trajectory like flags across Ko-Wahi's drifts. The tree he had hit could not take the impact, and the Toa Maru of Ice found himself on the ground, beside a broken tree. 

As still as a sleeping spirit. 

Absurdly quick movement caused the Hunter’s eyes to dart upward at the source. It took only an instant to realize the sound was moving AWAY from him. 

The Toa Maru(?) of Air was fleeing, using a power that carried him quickly over long distances, but still slow enough that the Hunter could see his shape shrink into the distance and gradually disappear into the night. The Hunter grimaced as he realized he would not be able to catch him. Not on foot.  

That just left the Toa Maru of Earth. His face wasn’t clear to the Hunter, for some reason. Sometimes it was a black mask in the shape of a noble mask of night vision, other times it was some other shape that the Hunter did not recognize. But the expression was the same. 

And so were the tears. 

“Brother...” the Toa pleaded; his left arm outstretched as if to block an incoming blow.  

The Hunter charged up his Proto-Knuckles, pooling as much electrical energy as he could into them.  

He wanted to see fireworks. 

In a flash, the Toa Maru(?) of Earth’s head was replaced by nothing but air and billowing smoke, along with the smell of burning metal and flesh.  

The Hunter straightened himself up as his eyes returned back to the gaze in the distance. At the fleeing Toa of Air. The looked back down at what he thought was the Toa Maru of Earth’s limp, headless body. 

“Olaki?” 

Slow clap. 

The Hunter whirled around, but saw nothing in the dark canopy of trees that laid behind him. His gaze returned to the other fallen Toa. They too looked wrong.  

Now instead of Toa Maru of Fire and Water, he saw a Toa of Fire he remembered as Merror, and a Toa of Air he remembered being named Skyra. 

The Hunter blinked. 

Now it was Joske Nimil lying there with a missing right hand, a Toa named Niici lying face first in the grass, and in the distance, by the fallen tree, was Toa Antrim. 

The slow clap continued. 

The hunter shook his head and blinked once again. Now all the aforementioned Toa were lying about, but there were additions.  

Toa of Water, Nesira 

Toa of Fire, Tailua 

Toa of Ice, Makua 

The Toa of Earth who begged for his life, the armor he wore now resembled a Toa of Earth, named Olaki.  

The slow clap drew louder. And ever so softly, there was a menacing chuckle.  

The Hunter whirled around and put up his fists. Someone was about to get hit. 

Away, in the darkness of the Le-Wahi canopy, two beady green eyes gazed upon the Hunter. 

“Excellent work, my friend. It’s time to come home,” the voice from the eyes said.  

The Hunter rotated in place and did a 360 of his surroundings. Now, there were dozens of dead Toa around him. All of them. Even the First Toa somehow found themselves among the bodies. And they all had the same expression. 

It was the look of fear, the look of betrayal, and the small glimmer of hope that their brother was in there, somewhere, that all they had to do was- 

“I said...” the voice with the green eyes urged, now closer. 

The Hunter thought again about the absent Toa of Stone. 

Stannis Maru? 

An image flashed in before the Hunter’s eyes. It was a tall Toa of Stone with a great sword.  

Wait...no... that was his boss. His sergeant. 

“It’s time...” the voice grew closer, and deeper 

The Hunter turned to face the dark jungle once more. Now, the was a figure which bore the green eyes, it was taller. In fact, it was growing by the second. 

“To come...”, the voice said with more and a chorus behind it, as if the voices of a thousand were chanting in unison. 

Then, suddenly, a hand wrapped around the Hunter’s right arm in a tight grip. It was bright green. The Hunter turned his to head to meet eyes with yellow-green ones, sitting behind a green Miru. This Toa, with grin behind his mask matching the one on the mask, had a claw staff strapped to his back.  

He tried to free himself, but now the figure with the beady green eyes was no longer in front him, far away in the jungle. The figure was to his left, wearing long black robes, and was grasping the Hunter’s other arm. The hunter was restrained.  

HOME! two voices chanted: a deep, youthful one from his right, and a raspy, wizened one from his left.  

They were dragging him towards the shadows of the jungle and despite all of the Hunters strength, somehow, he could not free himself. 

They were bringing him home. 

--- 

Ra’lhen shot upwards with a gasp. Sweat dripped from his temples, and without intention, the Toa started hugging his torso. He buried his head into his knees, and stayed in that position for what seemed like an eternity. Every once in a while, the Toa would shudder. Much like a sickness that comes in waves, bad memories just conjured by his mind would bubble up, and the recede.  

With time, the memories would go the way of most memories of dreams: into the ether, never to be recalled again. Until then, Ra’lhen continued to hug himself. 

--- Two hours later --- 

Finally, Ra’lhen felt like he could move around, as rays of the morning sun began to creep past his curtains. He started by gingerly moving his arms from his chest, and raising his head to gaze at the stone wall before him. 

On the wall was a painting. He had purchased it from an older Ga-Koronan artist who virtually no cares in the world, spending her life throwing all of her passion into her art. In this painting, a welcoming blue sky rested serenely on top of a bed of jungle. In front of the jungle was a still pond, decorated with lily pads, bamboo, and other flora. Small animals rested upon these lily pads, but there were no people. It was purely nature, undisturbed. Ra’lhen had fallen in love with this painting at first sight. Out there, somewhere in Le-Wahi, there was a place where there were no threats to him. 

And, more importantly, he was of no threat to anyone else. 

Ra’lhen stared at the painting for a long time, placing himself among the frogs and the peaceful water under the calming sky. 

Gradually, his legs straightened.  

Ra’lhen had just swung his legs over the bed when he heard a knock. The Toa with a classic case of I-just-murdered-every-hero-in-my-dream-itis sprang up to his feet, hands out in front of him with electric current hopping through his fingertips.   

The Toa of Lightning just stood there; breathing ragged with anxiety; fingertips supercharged.  

Finally, Ra’lhen heard a thud outside his door, which was currently glowing a soft beige in the morning sunlight. Then he heard footsteps going away from his apartment. 

A package, thought Ra’lhen.  

After withdrawing his elemental energies, Ra’lhen walked over to the side window and pulled the curtains aside. Sure enough, there was a dull gray box sitting right there in front of his door, already collecting dust from the swirling sands.  

Ra’lhen, at this point in his life, had devised a surefire strategy for detecting package bombs before they made it into his apartment. He tried passing a slight current through the package from a distance. Not enough to set anything ablaze, but enough to get a very rudimentary feel for what was inside.  

None of the explosives he was familiar with seemed to be inside, and nothing detonated in response to his electric shock. After bringing the package inside, he examined the package label. 

“To: Ra’lhen Kodin 

Ra’lhen gave a subtle smile and opened the box. There weren’t very many people who called Ra’lhen friend, much less family. Inside, a large piece of parchment like ones found in Ga-Koro laid on top.  

“Dear Ra’lhen, 

It took longer than expected, but we pooled our heads and money together. Inside you’ll find that “new beginning” you told me you wanted all that time ago.  

It wasn’t easy, but I took it upon myself to spread the word and we got a collection going. Wokapu and I contributed from what funds we have left, and we even got Wokodin to contribute! 

Anyway, the point is, we love you. You will always be part of our family. And while the old Toa Kodin are no longer a team, I hope you can use what’s in this care package to forge a new path. Maybe even form a new Kodin team? 

Love, now and always, 

Wokiya and Wokapu (and Wokodin, in spirit!) 

P.S. We gotta take another camping trip to Le-Wahi one of these days, man. You know where to find me! 

-Wokapu 

P.S.S. Actually, I dunno if you know this, but I moved. Wokiya and I are back in Ko-Koro since it’s been reclaimed! Come see us THERE. At the BIG HOUSE. 

-Wokapu” 

Ra’lhen’s heart felt like it was beating a thousand-a-minute. It was an offhand thing he had ranted to Wokiya about back even before Hewkii’s resignation. And she remembered

Ra’lhen placed the paper on the nearby dining table and examined the contents. Resting at the top was a metallic-looking cylinder with a hose and other attachment. He had recognized this as a styling device to coat Kanohi masks in a custom color. For Ra’lhen, who had had a physical mutation from birth, this meant he can give his normally bright red Kanohi a pearly white hue that is customary of a Vo-Toa.  

Seeing that allowed Ra’lhen to accurately infer what else he’d find in this care package.  

Ra’lhen’s heart nearly stopped after he had laid everything out across his bed. The coating device, pearly white armor, matching army boots, and a sharpening stone for his longsword. The armor was exquisitely formed, with subtle lines forming interesting designs. The pearl appearance gave a sense of lightness, but feeling his hand over the breastplate quickly brought Ra’lhen back to reality.  

He couldn’t wait any longer, and rushed to try everything on.  

--- 

Opposite him, stood a pool of still water outside his apartment unit. After taking a deep breath, Ra’lhen looked down. 

A Toa with soft yellow eyes looked back behind a pearly white Hau that reflected so much of the morning sun it was nearly blinding. The pauldrons commanded strength, and matched the pearl coloring perfectly. The pearly white torso armor fit so comfortably that Ra’lhen barely felt it. It was a mind-blowing departure after centuries of the same armor from his days with the Toa Kodin, followed by his years under Makuta’s command. Blue knee-pads helped his mobility and then the boots embraced his ankles the way a father embraces their son after they’ve truly managed to make them proud.  

The Toa wasn’t Ra’lhen of the broken Toa Team of old, and the Toa certainly wasn’t the Other Guy. This was Ra’lhen, as he was always meant to be. 

It was all too overwhelming. 

Ra’lhen wept.  

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 6

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

Ah, the great big canyon walls of Po-Koro - it seemed only yesterday he’d wandered in here from the Motara, half-delirious and manic as the last of the Nui-Jaga venom was pumping through his veins, slowly filtered out by his liver…

It was a weird time. Hadn’t he posted something on the walls, all those months ago?

He took a look at the nearest posting.

…-KORO GUARD ARE ACCEPTING ANY TIP-

Not important.

It was a nice, easy stroll through the dusty streets and marketplace, nothing to hinder him or sour his mood…

Yeah, no. That was a lie.

He was sweating from every pore, having run out of water hours earlier. Matoran milling about this way and that spun in circles through Jokaro’s eyes. ####, maybe this was worse than tripping over himself, half conscious and poisoned. At least he wasn’t parched back then.

The straw hat wasn’t helping, either. He was panting like the Muaka he’d seen up in Ko-

Mata Nui, what I wouldn’t give to be back in that frozen karz-hole right now.

...in Ko-Wahi, his head buzzing like the Nui-Rama flying overhead in Le. He was counting his steps.

One more. And another. Just one foot in front of the other. He could see the Emporium workshops up ahead.

A scraping sound followed his every turn - the barrel of his patero launcher rubbed a line into the dirt as he dragged it behind him, his left arm trailing lazily and his hand wrapped firmly around the grip of the launcher, his knuckles white like-

Just a few more steps…

Why did that dаmn launcher have to be so heavy? He didn’t even care about its upkeep any more. The gas seal was leaking, the barrel was corroding, the wood had chipped off in any number of places...

The shade washed over him as he stepped into the workshop he called home. It was barely any sort of relief, but the cool air was welcome nonetheless. Gathering the last of his strength, he hefted the busted launcher up and slammed it down with a resounding THUD.

He sat there for but a moment, sucking down lungfuls of cool air, his head hung between his shoulders as his hands braced himself against the bench - they were the only support keeping him from collapsing.

Finally, he gathered enough of his wits to force out speech.

FARZAN! Farzan, you karz-forsaken brakas, where are you?!”

And then he did collapse.

Edited by Perp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHx2hAu6PTA

3 minutes ago, Perp said:

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

Finally, he gathered enough of his wits to force out speech.

FARZAN! Farzan, you karz-forsaken brakas, where are you?!”

And then he did collapse.

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

I wasn't quite sure what the reasons were for the uncouth racket that had suddenly interrupted my completely productive morning dive into the scrapheap at the back of the premises. It's not like I'm a stranger to loud noises.

Even so, the unconscious Jokaro would soon be very unfortunate to not get to see and hear the spectacle of a mechanism being fired somewhere in the distance, before the whirring sound of some sort of rope or tether being redrawn sent me zipping right above him, and landing right next to the comfortable pillows I'd place against the wall for just such an occasion.

I tumbled out of the pile I'd fallen into and got to my feet. Kreff following close behind as always.

"I'm wherever I need to be. As the great Kapura once said, if you practice you can move quickly" I expounded, as I walked past where Jokaro was taking a nap, most rudely. I decided to be most decidedly unrude in return and start to take a look at the gift he had seen fit to bestow on me. Rightful self-promotion aside, I was genuinely intrigued by what was suddenly lying on the desk. It looked like something had been done to this Patero Launcher...

"Kreff, pinch him awake if you don't mind"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Streets]

The Vortixx tried to look up only to immediately look away as the sun hit her face. It almost hurt.

She was wondering if the voice she heard was talking to her. Who called her ‘ma’am’?

“Water?” she rasped in response, then drew in a haggard breath before shakily adding: “...Sorry...no manners.”

OOC: @Tarn

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

A smile played across the Commander's Kanohi, and he let out a short laugh of sorts with a shake of his head, "Give or take a few days, yeah I'd imagine so."

His tone dropped to a more sincere note, but the smile remained. "It is good to see you Krayn, how've you been holding up?" He gestured to the arm which the toa of Sonics had been remiss to use as of late. It looked healed enough, though Dehkaz was certain underneath the armor there was a grim reminder of the injury which Krayn had sustained weeks before. "We've been worried about you, happy to see you in one piece."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

Stannis Maru woke up from a deep sleep and jolted upright on his extra firm mattress as he tried to remember what he could from the night's tumultuous and confounding dream, but it was already falling apart like a tapestry of time fraying at the edges. He blinked, unsure what day it was anymore, and then proceeded to make his morning coffee, hovering an unopened bottle of honey over his ceramic "Best Wanderer Ever" mug and pretending to add milk from a bone-dry jug before he stepped out into the morning air.

Huh, he thought. Things look different... again.

Was he still in a dream? Was this just a simple Aspect of reality, or had he just lost track of time again? Maybe that last cigar Brykon gave him was laced with some miracle cactus. 

• Like 5

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

He felt around under his cloak. Had he brought any...?

"No, it's...are you alright? It's not good to be out in the sun like this, you look..." You look pretty bad. Was she homeless? A drifter, like him?

The Toa of Fire crouched down to be at optic level with her. This way, the Vortixx wouldn't be looking into the sun, either. "My name is Datrox. Did something happen to you?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Right..." Tirokk glanced from the small crystalline being back to Skyra, then to the ship itself. "Permission to... come aboard?" In the back of his mind, Tirokk wanted anything but to get on that ship and be out on sea, but he was determined not to let those fears get in his way now. He knew he had to be proactive in protecting the island and its people, and the Aggressors seemed to him like the best way to do just that.

• Like 1

The abrupt jumble of words caused Luten's wearer to blink and pause as he parsed the confusing information. A slight lull in the conversation before him provided an ample opportunity for him to speak up and excuse himself. if there was someone new on the docks it might require a person who's official signature could actually be accepted. With a nod to the pair of men, he turned and made his way back up onto the deck.

It wasn't hard to pick out the new person what with everybody else staring at the metallic giant.

"Permission granted. I'm First Mate Kale Ironshaper. Have these..." A glance. "Fine examples of Aggressor quality introduced themselves yet?"

• Like 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Quoribay [Forsi]

Day 1

I'll admit, robbing the first guy I saw the first day in town was not one of my best moments - correction: not one of my smartest moves. It was a pretty good moment, if I do say so myself. I would say I can't believe I got away with it, but with me? I'd only be surprised if I didn't get away with it. Was good practice, it's been some time since I went Running with a capital R. But overall, a sloppy moment that just shows how rusty I've been. Barely even got away too. People are on edge lately.

What had it been? A few days? Weeks? Since I slipped out of Ko? I needed that rush again, and as a matter of fact, that kick in the head helped me wind up seeing what was underneath me. Literally.

I didn't plan on this being a setup, per se, but when I saw that many Sentinel gizmos being shipped in, I knew I had to know more. So I stayed a while. Where was I?

Right.

Day 5

That's when it got good. Got Real™.

I'd stuck around a while, let the heat die down before making any rash movies. Mr. Nice Guy and the psycho ##### he was trying to impress had skipped town - maybe they didn't even file a report. The plan was go.

See, Hewkii's goons (PLEASE can we not get political here I don't care if glup ####ing plimbo was running the Koro by this point, bear with me on the terminology) were doing lots of construction. I'm not talking huts or even buildings, they were tearing up the roads and repaving.

No- no, I'm telling you there's a point here. I'd been to Forsi a few times before, and it had been growing, but this was a Po-Koro road, not a Forsi road, if you get what I mean. If you were there and had two brain cells to rub together you'd see this wasn't some average public works job, they had some real nerds running about overseeing stuff - nerdier than the usual foremen. Every time one of the Gov's buildings got renovated, they were there, hauling in some interesting crates that were kept under guard.

Under guard most of the time, that is.

Cut to Day 20.

Mishap at the inn's kitchen. Some idiot labeled one thing the wrong way and when they started working on dinner... skadoosh? You know what I mean?

I will admit, I didn't think that accident would stink up the place for so long, but it was worth it. The fascists scrambled and I got a peek inside the crate. Real high tech ####. All the bells and whistles. In fact, now that I think of it again, the contraption does actually have some bells and whistles. At least, I thought. I hadn't been able to hook it up to anything yet, but I could tell whatever this was, it was big.

Problem is, who in Karz would buy it?

Day 35.

I had to know what it did. So, I got a hut. It did hurt my pocketbook a bit, but I needed to do this work right, I knew it would pay off later. I can scrounge up what I need to survive without dipping into my rainy day fund, I knew I'd be fine.

Where was- right. So this hut I got was in the residential district, right? Between the special building with the big poles and where I'd tracked the local officer to. I knew they ran a few lines to that side of town, remembered the route from the construction before.

So, as I was saying, I got this hut, has a great basement, well an unfinished basement on the road to eventual greatness. Probably meant to be a Bula wine cellar type thing, y'know? If I was designing it I'd add, like, a small couch down there or two. A pool table, maybe, would fit, but only if you put it at an angle. Solid place, if had some renovations.

Renovations. Right. That's why I bought the cheapo hut. See, As soon as I bought it that's when I started to dig. It was a muaka and a half to get through the wall, but once I hit the sandstone, then it was golden. I'll skip a lot of the boring details because well, this wasn't that glorious, but it might be the most 'honest work' I'd done in my life. That had to mean it was all going for a big payout.

So 35 days into the plan, I hit paydirt. Well. Okay there was a lot more to it than that, and it's more like I stopped hitting dirt, but you're catching my drift - I was one step closer to the Big Score™

I almost chipped the wires, that would have been bad. But no, I took my time to clear then out more once I was there.

So, now I'm at day... ####, what day is it?

I'm at the day it really starts to make sense.

By now I've figured out which wires are the power wires (No, gal, I will not be recounting that story today, or, now that I think of it, ever) and which are the 'wire' wires. Hook one end of the machine up to the thing and the other bob there and press some buttons and... nothing happened. I looked at the manual from the crate all those weeks ago. I triple checked it. No, that was the setup. I was so dishearted, I wasted all that time and money to install a glorified button pusher and then THATS when I nearly fell out of my seat -

The printing press from Karzahni talked to me.

Hold on, I need a refill, one sec folks.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Aye, they did." Carefully, Tirokk made his way onboard, each step cautious. "Kale Ironshaper, a fellow Toa of Iron, yes? This your handiwork then?" He asked as the large metal suit gestured to the ship and its armoured exterior.

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

"Always nice to meet a fellow brother of the metals. No though, I only keep our armor in working condition while we are out in the field. I have long since learned to keep out of the shipwrights way when they are working on a refit of our girl here."

He gave the handrail a fond pat before giving the large metallic figure a once over.

"You're a rather large one aren't you. About the same size as Brukin I'd wager."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"The anchor Another member of the crew. I'm sure you'll meet him eventually. Is there anything you need to bring aboard? We should be able to find a berth you can fit in."

• Like 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1