The thing with Masks of Power

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. There’s this new fan game called Masks of Power. It looks a little cheap, but the graphics are good, but that other fan game called Quest for Mata Nui looks better in a movie-like way. Basically, Masks of Power is based on the 2001 story arc, where you play as the Toa Mata, collect Kanohi, and fight Infected Rahi before you fight the Makuta. You also can have Toa Nuva armor for some reason. There is also a version of this game called Masks of Power Legacy, where you see the Makuta use the Vahi to torture the Toa, which didn’t happen in the story arc for some reason. There is another version called Trails of the Great Spirit, where you learn how to use your weapons, Kanohi, and powers. We got some fancy trailers along the way. Interestingly, people are complaining that Lego is not acknowledging this fan game for some reason (neither did celebrating Bionicle’s 20th anniversary. Too much Ninjago, perhaps?): https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/bionicle-masks-of-power-trailer-open-world-fan-project-lego/

Let’s talk about it.

Edited by Lenny7092
Fixed a little error.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Here's an interview that the creators had with Digital Trends: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/bionicle-masks-of-power-interview/

Notable Quote: “Horizon Zero Dawn is basically Bionicle without the trademark."

I'm curious though that they said there's some Bionicle aficionados on their time. This is the first time I've heard of this and I'm delighted to see something like this decades on, but is there anyone from BS01 or the broader community involved?

~TN726

Papa Vinc...Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

Why would Lego acknowledge fan games? I don't know what "rules and policies provided by The LEGO Group" refers to, but if Lego gave them some sort of permission to make this game, they're lucky to have even that.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

15 hours ago, Fyndegil said:

Why would Lego acknowledge fan games? I don't know what "rules and policies provided by The LEGO Group" refers to, but if Lego gave them some sort of permission to make this game, they're lucky to have even that.

Well, Lego acknowledged Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui, so that a reason why I made this topic. Plus, Masks of Power has been around since like 2014.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)