Is there a program to teach Toa?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. I know that we have the Toa Metru and Toa Inika, who were once Matoran, but they had to learn how to do Toa stuff. They learned how to do them themselves while Nuju, Onewa, and Whenua learned how to use their mask powers from Turaga Lhikan. Plus, the Toa Mata/Toa Masters were sort of taught about their powers by the Turaga of Mata Nui, Protectors and Ekimu while the Protectors and Ekimu taught the Masters about their weapons. The Toa also learned about some stuff on their own. 

The Glatorian and Agori from Spherus Magna and Hero Factory Heroes from Hero Factory have training sessions that teach them how to fight and use their weapons. That’s something similar to a boot camp. The Toa don’t have that. Maybe they do in most parts of the Matoran Universe, as Metru Nui, the island of Mata Nui, and Voya Nui don’t have training places or sessions for Toa. I think it would have been an effective way of learning (no homework or tests. Just be like the Glatorian and HF Heroes). 

If Bionicle (and Hero Factory) gets a reboot where there is a school for Toa to learn how to fight like Toa (similar to that Mixel school in Mixels), that would be effective and interesting. Tahu and Kopaka would be valedictorians. Onua and Pohatu would be jocks. I would imagine Toa having classes about learning about some basic school stuff, like science and history. They would do gym-related stuff, like dodgeball, as a way to learn how to dodge and aim. Lol. Plus, training sessions. You get what I’m saying here? 

What do you think, guys?

Edited by Lenny7092
Two grammar mistakes.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Bionicle doesn't need a high school.

Most Toa learn informally from Turaga or more experienced Toa, but experience alone can also be an excellent teacher. Lhikan was still a novice when all of his comrades were killed by Frostelus, and yet he matured into one of the best Toa.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Obviously, new Toa would get mentored by older Toa and schools did exist in Ga-Metru, but your idea of a Bionicle High School is very goofy. First, there probably would never be enough new Toa created at once for a whole school dedicated for them. Second, Bionicle is a story about adventure, saving universes, and you want to see it turn into a teenage social drama with jocks and valedictorians?

On 9/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lenny7092 said:

I think it would have been an effective way of learning (no homework or tests)

So how would the teachers ensure that their students remember anything? Just hope that they don't forget their lessons by the time they need them? 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Tahu and Kopaka would be valedictorians. Onua and Pohatu would be jocks.

Why would wise, calm Onua, and cheerful, friendly Pohatu be jocks? Why would Tahu, who is literally a hot-headed macho jock, be a valedictorian? Why would the Toa Nuva even be students instead of teachers? I'm very sorry, but are you familiar with these characters at all?

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, Lorentz said:

Obviously, new Toa would get mentored by older Toa and schools did exist in Ga-Metru, but your idea of a Bionicle High School is very goofy. First, there probably would never be enough new Toa created at once for a whole school dedicated for them. Second, Bionicle is a story about adventure, saving universes, and you want to see it turn into a teenage social drama with jocks and valedictorians?

So how would the teachers ensure that their students remember anything? Just hope that they don't forget their lessons by the time they need them? 

Why would wise, calm Onua, and cheerful, friendly Pohatu be jocks? Why would Tahu, who is literally a hot-headed macho jock, be a valedictorian? Why would the Toa Nuva even be students instead of teachers? I'm very sorry, but are you familiar with these characters at all?

Two things: 

1. I don’t mean written school work. It’s basically just training to be Warriors. It’s sort of like a boot camp. 
2. I was just saying ideas that could fit the characters the high school part is sort of just a joke.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forget something.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

7 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Two things: 

1. I don’t mean written school work. It’s basically just training to be Warriors. It’s sort of like a boot camp. 
2. I was just saying ideas that could fit the characters the high school part is sort of just a joke.

I can never tell when you are being serious.

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Ooh, I enjoy this question, and as amusing as a Toa high school would be (and what, a Matoran kindergarten?), the concept doesn't jive with the overall feel of what Bionicle is in my head. 

Anyways, my headcanon was always that there were multiple Toa fortresses, similar to the one where that Makoki stone was kept, and they were the hub for Toa from a region to go and train, that's how they heard about and were assigned to teams to handle larger threats from time to time, and how they were organized in times of war. They could receive mentoring from another Toa with a same or similar element, study things like Kanohi and Elemental theory, history of the MU, tactics and strategy, etc. Nothing formal with curriculum or assignments, but definitely a dissemination of knowledge and resources. 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

23 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I don’t mean written school work. It’s basically just training to be Warriors. It’s sort of like a boot camp. 

Maybe you should have specified that it was a boot camp in the initial post...?

23 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I was just saying ideas that could fit the characters the high school part is sort of just a joke.

As @Master Inika said earlier, it's difficult to tell whether you're joking or being serious. Text doesn't convey tone of voice.

• Upvote 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

On 10/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Well then why did you say that they'd have history and science classes?

On 10/4/2021 at 2:36 AM, Heyzorks said:

there was a discussion like this on TTV

and

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.