Legend Of Mata Nui

Raph

We all know that back in 2001 Was Legendary game that never was released. sadly.....instead there was released Tales of Tohunga. Good game, but it was released only for GBC, and only few can play that game...and LOMN was cancelled......But was bright ray of hope that several people have demo cd, and we all saw videos on ####### with gameplay...and i know that many was think, can we do something? somehow make something so all Bionicle fans can get at least a little chanse. My tought..can we made some sort of petitions and send them to LEGO Group so they can release that game again? Now, they can use names free, and i'm sure thier efforts will be rewarded since all of fans will be glad to get it and play.

The games rights are in the hands of two different companies, to my understanding. It's with Lego, and the game developers. From what I heard, the game developers went out of buissness, or something to that effect, and as such would not be able to allow Lego to release the game online. Lego isn't gonna do it due to possible legal issues that may arise, so that's out of the question. Many have already asked, and no matter how much we do so, they wont release it. Making a petition that will not succeed isn't going to make matters any different, I'm afraid.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Old Topic (dead)Older Topic (old forums)BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui was developed by Saffire, and LEGO has none of the...I dunno, source, files...let's just say stuff related to the game. The only known copy of the game is owned by a person going by the name of "Deep Brick." Before the forums went down, we were in indirect contact with DB through a BZP member by the name of RedQuark, who has been inactive since BZP's glorious return. Due to potential legal issues, DB never released the game, though he was able to create videos of him playing through the Onua level of the game - the rest of the game is inaccessible due to a glitch near the end of the level, involving Onua's immediate death upon landing on a certain platform. RQ did give us some of the game's files, which some of BZP's programmers quickly dissected in an attempt to find ways to bypass the glitch, allowing DB to access more levels and post more videos. However, DB's computer went into storage for the holidays and he was only able to test a few of the modified files, none of which had the intended effect. Then, of course, BZP went down. Last we heard, RQ was working on a secret plan with the intent of allowing everyone to legally play the game for free. Again, we haven't heard from RQ since before the downtime. A new topic was started, which I linked to above, but a lack of new information resulted in its quick death.So, yeah, that's pretty much it. Anyone else have anything to add that I forgot to mention?EDIT: Ninja'd. To add to what Eljay said, yes, Saffire went bankrupt, and the status of their part of the rights to the game is uncertain. And to repeat what I mentioned earlier, LEGO would be unable to release the game even if they wanted to, not just legally, but also physically, as they simply don't have the game.EDIT 2: I hate how my emoticons get separated whenever I try to edit my post.:t::b::3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

The games rights are in the hands of two different companies, to my understanding. It's with Lego, and the game developers. From what I heard, the game developers went out of buissness, or something to that effect, and as such would not be able to allow Lego to release the game online. Lego isn't gonna do it due to possible legal issues that may arise, so that's out of the question. Many have already asked, and no matter how much we do so, they wont release it. Making a petition that will not succeed isn't going to make matters any different, I'm afraid.sig.png

That's slightly incorrect. Lego is the sole owner of LoMN - they hold the copyright to the entire game. It's like with Lego Racers: High Voltage Software developed the game, but Lego holds the copyright to Lego Racers, as evidenced by the "Copyright 1999 The Lego Group" that appears when Lego Racers starts up.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

RedQuark's name on "that site" is MarkOfMoD. There are some copy videos that are the same thing on that site; the names of the original videos are as follows: "BIONICLE Celebration" (the cutscene at the end of the game), "BIONICLE Toa Kaita/Manas Fight" (a cutscene in which the Toa Kaita battle the Manas), "'BIONICLE: Legend of Mata Nui' Opening" (the opening cutscene), "'BIONICLE: Legend of Mata Nui' Menus" (a demonstration of how the game's menus work), "'BIONICLE: Legend of Mata Nui' Credits" (the game's credits), and "BIONICLE LOMN Onua Scene ##" (a series of videos, numbered 01-16, that show the entirety of the accessible portion of Onua's level).:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Oh... whoa. I remember the trailer, but I never knew about all this. I really hope something comes of the efforts to salvage it eventaully... unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's much more I can do other than hope and trust in those who can make it happen.- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Huh, I remember hearing about some game that got axed, but I hadn't realized a prototype was floating around. I'll have to look this up. Who knows, maybe someday what bits and pieces there are'll see release in one form or another.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The games rights are in the hands of two different companies, to my understanding. It's with Lego, and the game developers. From what I heard, the game developers went out of buissness, or something to that effect, and as such would not be able to allow Lego to release the game online. Lego isn't gonna do it due to possible legal issues that may arise, so that's out of the question. Many have already asked, and no matter how much we do so, they wont release it. Making a petition that will not succeed isn't going to make matters any different, I'm afraid.

That's slightly incorrect. Lego is the sole owner of LoMN - they hold the copyright to the entire game. It's like with Lego Racers: High Voltage Software developed the game, but Lego holds the copyright to Lego Racers, as evidenced by the "Copyright 1999 The Lego Group" that appears when Lego Racers starts up.
Except the LEGO broke that contract when they decided to quit production. Saffire was never fully paid, so it's a bit of a grey area.

And anyone can find Deep Brick?

Yes and no, mostly no. I might (I don't in fact know) have his name somewhere, but it doesn't help. For the most part, you can only contact Mark who would then have to contact Deep Brick.

The only known copy of the game is owned by a person going by the name of "Deep Brick."

There are other known copies, but their owners either didn't reply or didn't know where they put it in the last 10 years. Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

And anyone can find Deep Brick?

Yes and no, mostly no. I might (I don't in fact know) have his name somewhere, but it doesn't help. For the most part, you can only contact Mark who would then have to contact Deep Brick.

The only known copy of the game is owned by a person going by the name of "Deep Brick."

There are other known copies, but their owners either didn't reply or didn't know where they put it in the last 10 years. Already done that.and about copies that's for sure.

There are other known copies, but their owners either didn't reply or didn't know where they put it in the last 10 years.
Are there? How did/do you know?Anyone can claim to have anything. The only way we know Deep Brick has a copy is because he's provided actual content from it. Which, as far as I know, no-one else has ever done.

There are other known copies, but their owners either didn't reply or didn't know where they put it in the last 10 years.
Are there? How did/do you know?Anyone can claim to have anything. The only way we know Deep Brick has a copy is because he's provided actual content from it. Which, as far as I know, no-one else has ever done.
Because info from Red Quark says that more than one copy was made.That true, but it wasn't a random "Yeah, I have that game." We actually had to ask them if they had it and it was already reasonable to assume they did.

ok. a if only few people has the copy of a game, and it has a glitch that not allows player pass onua level how in the name of holy God that images happend?how they get them? http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=198718a?

If you are refering to the Gali and Tahu images, they're advertising images. The Onua glitch was well known to the dev team as was the save file structure so they could easily change the save file with a hex editor. Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

The Onua thing isn't really a glitch, it's more a glaring fault in the game itself. To pass requires Onua to jump a gap, but the gap is too large to jump, so the level can't be completed. To fix it would take actually going in and changing the level itself, which would be rather difficult to do, if not possible.All the images from levels past that are promotional. There were other Beta disks distributed, but the owners never showed anything or spoke to anyone or did anything at all that anyone ever remembers, leaving only Deep Brick.

It's so sad that this game still wasn't released by Deep Brick. He should have released it the moment he found the disc http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

He can't do that due to Copyright issues.....
Everybody except for us Bionicle fanatics has forgotten that the game ever existed. It's been 11 years since it was cancelled and all that remains from the company that made it are multiple small groups of people locked in a bitter and endless law suit against each other. It is a case identical to medieval music. One might know who originaly created it but nobody knows which of the thousands of descendants of the composer should hold the rights to it and therefore nobody cares.

It's so sad that this game still wasn't released by Deep Brick. He should have released it the moment he found the disc http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

It's been 11 years since it was cancelled and all that remains from the company that made it are multiple small groups of people locked in a bitter and endless law suit against each other. It is a case identical to medieval music. One might know who originaly created it but nobody knows which of the thousands of descendants of the composer should hold the rights to it and therefore nobody cares.
It's not remotely identical.Firstly, in the medieval times there were no laws regarding copyright, whilst this game was made and intended to be released under established copyright laws. Secondly, we aren't dealing with the distant descendants of the people who created it - the original makers are all (presumably) still alive and, however unlikely it may be, could potentially take legal action. Thirdly, we know who did and apparently still does hold the rights to it - Lego.I also believe that the game could and should be released without much fuss, but we must be aware that the game's circumstances are more complex than they might seem.

It's been 11 years since it was cancelled and all that remains from the company that made it are multiple small groups of people locked in a bitter and endless law suit against each other. It is a case identical to medieval music. One might know who originaly created it but nobody knows which of the thousands of descendants of the composer should hold the rights to it and therefore nobody cares.
It's not remotely identical.Firstly, in the medieval times there were no laws regarding copyright, whilst this game was made and intended to be released under established copyright laws. Secondly, we aren't dealing with the distant descendants of the people who created it - the original makers are all (presumably) still alive and, however unlikely it may be, could potentially take legal action. Thirdly, we know who did and apparently still does hold the rights to it - Lego.I also believe that the game could and should be released without much fuss, but we must be aware that the game's circumstances are more complex than they might seem.
I won't deny that it is possible because it really is possible, however the probability of it is so minute that it can in my opinion safely be proclaimed that it is almost nil. Deep Brick has a true treasure in his possession and I think he should keep in mind how much this means to the community.

Well, we could always wait until the copyright expires... many years from now.

Well, we could always wait until the copyright expires... many years from now.
We'd all be dead by the time the copyright expires.No, that's not a joke. :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

The game occasionally pops up on Amazon.

Well... that looks pretty authentic, the images going along with that are from Onua level parts I haven't seen in the promo images.But... Electronic Arts!? Thats wrong!
You can't expect them to have all the information right when only a few copies have even been made. And I've seen it on there. i've seen 2 or 3 copies sell. Edited by Zarohum