Looking for Old BIONICLE Web Images

Illuminatus

Hello, everyone,

I've recently rediscovered some old folders on some very old CDs of mine where I apparently keep dozens if not hundreds of highly compressed early 2000 JPEGs.

As crazy as this sounds, I've decided to "rebuild" this collection of images as some were edited over and were thus overwritten. I'm therefore looking for several specific images but here's the tough part: I'd like for these to be the actual, original JPEGs available on BIONICLE.com and relevant media, not reuploads or conversions to other file formats—those are quite abundant. Anyone think they can help me out with this?

Here are some that I'm missing that I would really like to recover:

• Slizer disks as seen on LEGO S@H
  • RoboRider wheels as seen on LEGO S@H
  • RoboRider wheel box as seen on LEGO S@H
  • The Boss RoboRider as seen on LEGO S@H (would like to see the original image for the other form too if one exists)
  • The Boss RoboRider box as seen on LEGO S@H
  • Turaga Vakama and Turaga Onewa in the same pose as in their instructions, as seen on LEGO S@H
  • All of the 2001 Rahi boxes as seen on LEGO S@H (if they exist)
  • Gali Nuva as seen on her bio page on BIONICLE.com
  • All of the 2002 titan boxes as seen on LEGO S@H
  • All of the 2003 titan boxes as seen on LEGO S@H
  • Any other BIONICLE collectible images

Huge thanks to anyone who provides even one of these!

3 hours ago, Illuminatus said:

Gali Nuva as seen on her bio page on BIONICLE.com

I found the Gali Nuva bio page on the Wayback Machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030207234300/http://www.lego.com:80/eng/bionicle/characters.asp?charid=galinuva

The images weren't loading for me, although that might just be down to luck.

• Like 2

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

That would be sad.

It looked like they saved all the gifs for the page, so maybe back then they still thought gifs were integral to site layout but jpegs were too big for them to save.

I had saved quite a few jpegs from the Bionicle website when I was a kid, but I don't think I have anything you're looking for specifically. A lot of them were wallpapers from the Kanoka Club.

• Like 1

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Thanks, @TERIDAX941 (awesome name btw),

I'm looking for the specific images referred to, actually; I already have loads of approximations and high-res versions of most of the key visuals anyway. I know it's a crazy request (and super obscure lol) but I think the only hope of retrieving these authentic JPEGs is from people who've originally saved them onto their machines.

3 hours ago, Illuminatus said:

Thanks, @TERIDAX941 (awesome name btw),

I'm looking for the specific images referred to, actually; I already have loads of approximations and high-res versions of most of the key visuals anyway. I know it's a crazy request (and super obscure lol) but I think the only hope of retrieving these authentic JPEGs is from people who've originally saved them onto their machines.

Kinda makes me wish my family had saved the old hard-drive from my windows 98. That likely had a few saved on to it. I distinctly remember downloading the Lewa Nuva wallpaper back in 2003. Although it was through the old minidiscs so I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

On a similar but slightly off-topic note, can anyone tell me how to source the original thumbnail files on LEGO's current instructions database? It looks like BMP has managed to do it for most if not all BIONICLE-related images available and they are surprisingly high-res.

Would be happy to be able to accomplish this for the Slizer and RoboRider images available.

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 2:08 PM, Illuminatus said:

On a similar but slightly off-topic note, can anyone tell me how to source the original thumbnail files on LEGO's current instructions database? It looks like BMP has managed to do it for most if not all BIONICLE-related images available and they are surprisingly high-res.

Would be happy to be able to accomplish this for the Slizer and RoboRider images available.

i actually scraped the slizer/roborider images when i got the bionicle ones for bmp. unfortunately a lot of them suck, but a few are comparable to the bionicle images. here's a download:

https://mega.nz/file/No5gUZhQ#97S6yenoIq0ufd5AGs_PisKS3VSu0N9y9KqdvBxC8As

i'd love to get a look at what you have on your CDs if its ever possible! i had to manually recreate a lot of the graphics in my recreation of the 2001 site, but having some reference like this might help with accuracy.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

On 4/15/2022 at 9:42 PM, Peri said:

i actually scraped the slizer/roborider images when i got the bionicle ones for bmp. unfortunately a lot of them suck, but a few are comparable to the bionicle images. here's a download:

https://mega.nz/file/No5gUZhQ#97S6yenoIq0ufd5AGs_PisKS3VSu0N9y9KqdvBxC8As

i'd love to get a look at what you have on your CDs if its ever possible! i had to manually recreate a lot of the graphics in my recreation of the 2001 site, but having some reference like this might help with accuracy.

Hey, thanks for that! So great to see the original eight Slizers at least in decent (if not high-res) quality.

I'm still looking for most of what I described above but have managed to whip up several complete "collections" of period-identical images so I will hit you up.