Oh hey, thank you very much. And well done, because I think this is your best MOC.I'll try to break things down as simply as I can.My overall impressions are good. Great job on the proportions, nice weapon, good colors. I particularly like that magnifying glass over the mouth of the Hau. I've never seen that done before, and it looks neat.Cool weapon. I like the lime canister on it a lot, because it gives the MOC an extra little splash of color that livens it up a bit. Nice choice of tube, too.Things looking for improvement:Some of the gears seem unnecessary. I understand you're trying to go for a mechanical look, which is great, but it's important to try and make things like like they might function, even if they can't. I've made that mistake before, on MOCs such as Clockwork Sumiki. That MOC was full of gears that couldn't possibly do anything, which in retrospect is pretty silly.As I see this MOC, some of the gears are good, and some aren't. The gears on the feet are fairly legitimate. Okay, they don't interlock with anything, but because they're grooved, they could give the feet grip. They can serve a useful purpose there. I also really like the large gear sitting in between the two Haus in the torso. It looks good, but in theory it could also serve a useful purpose. The gears in the arms are the ones that stick out as functionless.The bitil limbs also look kind of odd. The exposed/unattached ball joints make them look quite awkward. I was going to say it would be best to replace them with something else, but I'm just after getting a few ideas. They don't have to go, they just need better integration. I'm actually going to try something, and if it works I'll get back to you with pictures.But anyway yeah, don't get me wrong, I really like this, and it's got me thinking. Good work.

@Brickeens: The Bitil limbs were meant to be "shells" that concealed and covered some of the inner workings of the robot. I agree with you on the arms, I was scrambling for ideas using gears that could bulk up the arms, and they didn't turn out that well.@FrozenFlash: Could you be more specific? I dislike number ratings because they don't tell you much at all.@xccj: Thanks!Did anyone see the mech's face?

Edited by Paleo

@Brickeens: The Bitil limbs were meant to be "shells" that concealed and covered some of the inner workings of the robot.

Yeah, I figured. The problem is, the exposed balljoints on the shells make them look more like limbs put on top of other limbs. If I was going to use the bitil limbs as shells like that, I'd probably do something like this: paleo_leg_concept_01.jpg_thumb.jpgpaleo_leg_concept_02.jpg_thumb.jpgpaleo_leg_concept_03.jpg_thumb.jpgpaleo_leg_concept_04.jpg_thumb.jpgThat's purely my own interpretation of your design, but you get the idea. The shell isn't sitting awkwardly out, and the joints on it are covered, so it looks like it belongs there.As for the bitil limb on the torso, it's too big to fit there anyway, so I'd replace that with something smaller.

Thanks! What are "greebles"? No dictionary I've searched comes up with a definition.

"Greebles" is purely LEGO terminology, and is usually defined as something like "small parts used on a MOC in order to give the impression of complex texture." It's seen quite a bit in the Space and Steampunk genres, but can be found in pretty much any theme. In this case, the combination of small light gray Technic parts gives the impression of greebling.I have to agree with Brickeens' idea for the upper leg, though I don't think it looks too jarring as-is. You pretty much captured Brickeens' style perfectly - I see some of Aurum and Clockwork Sumiki in this. Good job!

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Awesome use of the Hau masks, and I know the red thing is meant as a scanner or robot eye, but I can't help but think of it as a monocle.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell