Because I haven't made enough topics today.Portal is a first-person puzzle game made by - oh, forget the exposition. Most of you know this already.Those of you who don't know it need to get the game and remedy that problem immediately.So, what do you all think of the "Peer Review" Portal 2 DLC?-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I got portal 1 when it was free, and i played a bit, but i got frustrated around the point where you're running around in the bowes of aperture. Stupid crushy death hydraulic pump things. My sister bought me portal 2 when it was on sale as an early Birthday present, I finished the single player and Me and my sister have gotten to course 5 in the co-op. I personally prefer Portal 2 to 1, less one hit kill cheap deathballs is always a plus. ~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

My problem with Portal 2 is that there is next to no replay value for single player.

Well; there is replay value for the second time as well, I suppose.

Maybe I should play it again, just to be sure?

:P

It was amazing the first time, though.

Starting a new comic series soon.

I've almost completed both Portal 1 and Portal 2. They're very addicting and fun games, and I love the setting and storyline. As a matter of fact, the only thing I don't like is that to buy the DLC you have to buy this $120.00 mouse-thingy. -CM

That's the Hydra DLC only. The Peer Review DLC is free to everyone.It automaically downloads, in fact.-Canama

that was tight

I love both the games and I'm glad I managed to finish Portal 2 before I got to university. Sadly I don't have my PS3 with me here so I can't play Portal 2 or the new Peer Review DLC. How many new test chambers does the DLC add?

isthissomejokeban.png

Credit to Grape Juice City from

Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the Avatar and Banner.

My Writing: Bharadimir's Journal

I got portal when it was free last month, great deal. I have no idea how, but it runs perfectly fine on my laptop, which is loaded down with junk and all sorts of stuff, but It's the only PC game I ever plan to own... I'm definitely getting Portal 2 on my PS3 this year.

I wanted to get Portal for sooo long, but my computer couldn't run it. Then Portal 2 came out and I was freaking out. But a few weeks ago I got a laptop so I finally got both Portal and Portal 2. Beat both in two days XDAnd I loved the Peer Review DLC. I actually didn't know it was DLC until a friend on PS3 told me. On Steam it just downloaded by itself and I had no idea XD But the ending cutscene is AWESOME I must say.

I own both and love them. It took me one night to beat the peer review with a random guy online, and it was a lot more fulfilling than the original coop courses. Advanced chambers FTW. I love doing testing of my own with turrets. Making them shoot each other, shooting them off faith plates, having turret duels with your coop partner... Plus, they come in designer colors! ~Roablin

banner.png

I got Portal 1 with the Orange Box; played through it a couple times, and finished the advanced maps. Still haven't done the challenges, though. Portal 2 I got a couple days after release. I played through co-op, then single player, and got all of the achievements except for Professor Portal. Peer Review I finished with U_K the day it came out, and played through it again just before with Caliga. Also have the full Portal 2 soundtrack and Still Alive on my mp3 player. :D

19704_s.gif

I got Portal 2 that day of its release ( I pre-ordered), and I still love it. They took Portal and everything about it and they molded it into a masterpiece of gaming for all ages. I wouldn't be surprised if it won game of the year, because it would deserve it. I also got Portal the first week of september. I'm currently stuck in Aperture's arm pit.

Edited by Zok: Insane Math Wizard

My two younger brothers, my dad, and I completed both Portal and Portal 2 for Xbox 360 a while back. They're now my all-time favorite games: Not only are they funny, but rather than running around mashing the right trigger or X button to get through levels, you have to think. It combines a first-person shooter view and layout with strategy, and that makes it unique.While Portal focused solely on Chell and GLaDOS whilst only providing hints to Aperture Science's backstory, in Portal 2 we see so much more of the laboratories and explore so much of their history.If I said I was not a fan of the Portal series, I'd be lying. Blatantly.

"I think this is the part where he kills us.""This is the part where I kill you."Chapter 9: the part where he kills youAchievement unlocked: The part where he kills you.

That was one of my favorite parts in the entire game.

"I think this is the part where he kills us.""This is the part where I kill you."Chapter 9: the part where he kills youAchievement unlocked: The part where he kills you

Description: This is that part<3 That was hilarious. -Canama

that was tight

This is the only videogame that made me laugh so hard I was literally on the edge of my seat. GLaDOS' dark humor cuts right into my core xD I beat Portal 1, but I was too excited about Portal 2 to beat the challenge maps. That said, I beat Portal 2 twice, as well as all of the Co Op maps. I really liked it when GLaDOS said "So how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!" [/paraphrase]

IetTsFQ.png

I really liked it when GLaDOS said "So how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!" [/paraphrase]

You got it exactly right. He're what happens next:~clap clap clap~"Oh good. My slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that. Since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere... Well, we are going somewhere. Alarmingly fast, actually. But since we're not busy other than that, here's a couple of facts. He's not just a regular moron. He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility."~clap clap~"Good, that's still working. Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot..."

"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR [DARN] LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE!? DEMAND TO SEE LIFE'S MANAGER! I am CAVE JOHNSON, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS! I'M GONNA GET MY ENGINEERS TO INVENT A COMBUSTIBLE LEMON THAT BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" "Burning people! He says what we're all thinking!" -Canama

that was tight

Well after playing Portal 2, I'm rather underwhelmed with the single-player. It was hilarious with a great story and amazing scenery, but I think it was far too blatantly linear (invisible walls over every railing, anyone?) and simplified. I want to be able to jump to my death if I'm too stupid to stay on the catwalk. I also don't like the engine switch, as it cuts out a lot of the little things like throwing objects or picking up chairs that make messing around so much fun. Also, POV cutscenes. Kind of ruins the immersion to see the character jump up and look around without you doing anything. Finally, there were a lot of differences between what it was promoted as and what it ended up being. The awesome panels in the trailer were shown rearranging entire rooms at the drop of a hat, while in the game they were mainly there to look cool (or rearrange the room before you got there). There was a lot of potential shown in the trailers that didn't seem to make it into the actual game. Basically Portal seemed like a puzzle game with some story, and Portal 2 a story game with some puzzles, and I liked the first better.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Portal is a great puzzle game, but the first one was really easy (because I watched a complete lets play of it, and the ending). The second was was much more challenging. I made my friend play both of them, and all we did was yell at each other as I tried to direct him.

"An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again."

-Matsuo Batsho

Well after playing Portal 2, I'm rather underwhelmed with the single-player. It was hilarious with a great story and amazing scenery, but I think it was far too blatantly linear (invisible walls over every railing, anyone?) and simplified. I want to be able to jump to my death if I'm too stupid to stay on the catwalk. I also don't like the engine switch, as it cuts out a lot of the little things like throwing objects or picking up chairs that make messing around so much fun. Also, POV cutscenes. Kind of ruins the immersion to see the character jump up and look around without you doing anything. Finally, there were a lot of differences between what it was promoted as and what it ended up being. The awesome panels in the trailer were shown rearranging entire rooms at the drop of a hat, while in the game they were mainly there to look cool (or rearrange the room before you got there). There was a lot of potential shown in the trailers that didn't seem to make it into the actual game. Basically Portal seemed like a puzzle game with some story, and Portal 2 a story game with some puzzles, and I liked the first better.

I'm pretty sure those weren't invisible walls, i think the rails were just too high to jump over. isn't portal 2 still on source? you can still pick stuff up and carry it around I filled a toilet with stuff early on in my first playthrough. i don't really get your point about POV cutscenes, Third-person cutscenes are arguably more immersion-breaking than POV ones, IMO. ~ELM~

I'm pretty sure those weren't invisible walls, i think the rails were just too high to jump over. isn't portal 2 still on source? you can still pick stuff up and carry it around I filled a toilet with stuff early on in my first playthrough. i don't really get your point about POV cutscenes, Third-person cutscenes are arguably more immersion-breaking than POV ones, IMO. ~ELM~

I know there are invisible walls at one point, having tried to fling myself into a pit and getting stopped. Same principle, though. Also yeah, it's still Source, but a lot of stuff can't be picked up. It's like they're glued to the floor or something. Generally I'd prefer it if they avoided cutscenes altogether (excepting in-game-justified things like the G-Man's intrusions in Half-Life 2 or little stingers at the end [the core room in Portal and Wheatley's little scene at the end of 2]). Being in control whenever the character would be in control is one of the things I like about VALVe's games.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I know there are invisible walls at one point, having tried to fling myself into a pit and getting stopped. Same principle, though. Also yeah, it's still Source, but a lot of stuff can't be picked up. It's like they're glued to the floor or something. Generally I'd prefer it if they avoided cutscenes altogether (excepting in-game-justified things like the G-Man's intrusions in Half-Life 2 or little stingers at the end [the core room in Portal and Wheatley's little scene at the end of 2]). Being in control whenever the character would be in control is one of the things I like about VALVe's games.
i see your point about the invisible walls, i started a new playthrough of portal 2 earlier and found two in the Relaxation chamber at the beginning(In the closet and in front of the door after you let wheatey in). I didn't really notice that, but that might be because I didn't really explore that much. i personally don't mind cutscenes as long as there isn't an obscene amount of them, but whatevs. Also, I finished portal 1 a few minutes ago, my life is complete =D . and did anyone else notice that in still alive at the end, every time "Glad' comes up on the screen, it's typed "GLaD" ? I'm probably extremely late to the party, but it was something i found nteresting. ~ELM~

Some of the railings did have walls, I think. But others were just too tall to jump and could be circumvented in some way. Of course, this was usually suicidal. -Canama

that was tight

(Here comes the hate) I do not yet have the Portal 2 DLC.... Portal 1 was great, but lacked challenge.Portal 2 had a great story, three (literally) "Oh S**t how did I not see that" moments and an enjoyable ending. (SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEE) Overall, the second was great since it introduced new characters, but I do not think it deserves GOTY.

Song Of The Month: From Scythe to Sceptre - Be'Lakor

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
Hau and Kakama collected!
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y X Z
Red= Taken and in Progress, Blue = Open, Black = Finished