Playstation Vita

Shadow Kurahk

Has anyone preordered/received/purchased their very own PS Vita system?I've been waiting for this console for sooooo long...unfortunately I don't have sufficient funds to purchase it yet. :PFor those of you that have it, what do you think? Does it live up? And for those of you that don't, what are you looking forward to the most about it?-SK

I pronounced it the greatest handheld console in the history of ever when I saw the second analog stick. That was really the thing that kept me from any serious gaming on the PSP.I dunno, after that any of the other features are just icing on the cake. It's a shame about the price and lack of backwards-compatibility with it's predecessor, but it won't stop me from getting one when there's a better deal on it, like getting packaged with Golden Abyss. :D

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

The cash and lack of good release titles are sinking it, just like they did with the 3DS. If they do what Nintendo did, it should bounce back well enough.I'm definitely waiting until the summer for it either way, but I'm hoping there will be a price slash.That said, this thing looks to be the be-all end-all of handheld devices. Seriously, this thing is a beaaaaast.

Not planning on picking one up. The PSP didn't have a good enough game library. I mean, yeah, there were some cool PSP games, but no one ever rushed to buy one that I know because the games weren't must-have. The reason the DS majorly outsold the PSP is because the DS had more exclusives. For example, the PSP games, like portable God of Wars, well, you can get God of Wars on PS3.With DS, however, you couldn't get Pokemon on home consoles (well, you could, but they weren't the normal ones, so meh...). The PSP had great games-but they weren't completely unique to it. No series EVER had its main system as PSP (well, maybe some dying PS1/PS2 greats), even though they had great games on the PSP that weren't essential.Yes, Golden Abyss looks cool, but the PSP is an iPhone with analogs. The graphics barely top the 3DS, which is in 3D, while this isn't. The 3DS is way cheaper, and already almost has KI: U on it, the first KI game since 1991. That's an essential game. I don't need a PSVita, I'm happy with my 3DS. Sorry Sony. When you announce a PS2HD or PS1HD I'll be there. But sadly, you won't.Plus it looks good, but really, does it have good games? Is it responsive? Does it break easy? Is there a warranty? I don't want one at this point.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

The Vita is in the same situation the 3DS and PS3 were in at their launch. Ridiculously overpriced and with a lack of real good games. The Vita is more than the PS3 (You can get a PS3 for $200, a 3G Vita is $300), and no handheld should be more than its home console counterpart (I'm not against the 3DS price, because the Wii is incredibly dated, and has an incredibly small library of good games.). Also the Vita suffers from backwards compatibility issues with the PSP (Which had some fantastic UMD-only games, such as Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep), plus the only real reason to get the Vita now is Uncharted, which is a bit better then the best 3DS game for an eternity being a Zelda remake that anyone could play on their Wii. The Vita has potential, and I'll bet that the 3DS/Vita competition will be amazing. Just waiting for inFamous Vita to be announced, then I'll be completely sold.

I agree with Terminus, the lack of a good launch library, as well as its price, is keeping me from it.When I got my PS3, Wii, PS2, pretty much any game console (or my GPU in the case of my PC), I had multiple games in mind. With the Vita, it's not really happening.I think that the Vita is Sony's 3DS. Bad launch, major price slash, more sales.Then again, the problem could be *dun dun dun* a major lack of interest in handheld gaming.See, what Vita is doing is appealing to gamers. The DS appealed to everyone, hence why it sold a lot. PSP was targeted at gamers, with little thought of the majority of the world. What do you see people playing on a daily basis now? Temple Run, Angry Birds, and whatever they can get on their smartphone. That's where handheld gaming is for the world right now. I hate it, but that's how it is. That's a major factor in why Vita (and to a similar extent the 3DS) did not sell that well. Why pay $300 for a gaming only machine that plays long, but $40 games when we can pay the same amount for a smartphone that plays short, but $3 games?Think about it. Give Vita a price slash to counter that last argument, and watch the sales increase.

Undergoing Renovations...

i think sony is still kinda cocky the ps2 did so well. they just assume that people will buy their product because they have in the past- ergo the ps3's monster price, and now the vita.i've never been big on handheld gaming [have a DS just because of pokemon] so i haven't exactly followed the vita at all, but i know i'll pick one up if just out of loyalty. i've gotten too many hours out of my playstation to not at least consider it.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Umm... Uncharted, Wipeout, GRAVITY RUSH(Not out yet, but close enough), and Motorstorm RC. I'm getting one once Gravity Rush comes out, and hoping they make a gravity rush bundle.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress