Exo-Force Topic

T.B.O.C

it was really big on the old fourm, but I guess it hadn't been recreated yet? If so, then this is a topic to discuss Exo-Force, one of my favorite Lego themes.If their is a new one I just haven't seen, please close this. Otherwise, feel free to discuss!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

An Exo-Force discussion topic already exists here. Sorry.Hold on, it may be beyond revival. It looks like the last post was made today, a month ago.Well, since this would be spam otherwise, I bought quite a few Exo-Force sets back when it was out. I was quite surprised when it ended without a proper ending, especially seeing as we had the dramatic cliff-hanger-y thing right before it ended. Unless I'm incorrect, and there was an ending that I just didn't know about...- Vorex

Edited by Vorex: Paradox Eater

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

An Exo-Force discussion topic already exists here. Sorry.Hold on, it may be beyond revival. It looks like the last post was made today, a month ago.Well, since this would be spam otherwise, I bought quite a few Exo-Force sets back when it was out. I was quite surprised when it ended without a proper ending, especially seeing as we had the dramatic cliff-hanger-y thing right before it ended. Unless I'm incorrect, and there was an ending that I just didn't know about...- Vorex

I believe they gave us a cliff-hanger, then said "create your own ending" I was really upset that they found that the best way to end the series, when it had so much potential with everything else...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I must admit, although i dont like exo force, the concept of the story was pretty good. the sets were nice, all the shooty missles and the evil robots. I never really thought about it until now.Why did they end it?

Probably just because sales were decreasing. It lasted a good five waves (two and a half years), which is pretty significant for a LEGO theme. It does still bother me that it was left open-ended in 2008 immediately after the 2007 comics left us with so many unanswered questions.

I must admit, although i dont like exo force, the concept of the story was pretty good. the sets were nice, all the shooty missles and the evil robots. I never really thought about it until now.Why did they end it?

Probably just because sales were decreasing. It lasted a good five waves (two and a half years), which is pretty significant for a LEGO theme. It does still bother me that it was left open-ended in 2008 immediately after the 2007 comics left us with so many unanswered questions.
Yes, it was because the 2007 sales went down very much from 2006, and it seemed it wasn't making money (very well) anymore. The only reason this bothers me so much is because of the unanswered questions and where the story could have gone.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

It was supposed to say "I dont like Anime" not exo-force. and an edit wont come up on the quotes. but to prevent spam:I can understand the drop in sales. Something like Starwars and Bionicle likely overshadowed it

I think it's more complex than that. Exo-Force represented a sort of middle ground between action-figure themes like BIONICLE and typical construction themes. But the Exo-Force battle machines tended to make poor action figures, since the system builds that allowed for greater detail also limited the play value of the sets, particularly in the first two years which tended toward semi-fragile builds. The third year improved upon that by introducing a sturdier build for humanoid mechs, but by that time it became clear that the more display-oriented figures of Exo-Force weren't selling compared to traditional building sets or action-figure sets. It's a shame, because I loved both the detailed builds of Exo-Force sets and the in-depth story presented in the online comics.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

]Try here. It has the full Exo-force website.

I can't seen to view the older comics on the site. I'm sure some else has then up on Brickshelf or something.
Yep. Gosh, those comics were great. I still think it's a shame that there was only one version of Hitomi's minifigure, especially since she had just as cool a character design in 2006 as in 2007 when she finally got a minifigure.

One of my favorite all time themes, honestly. My favorite part was the golden city saga, when they introduced all those ball-and socket joint bricks, which certainly made things a lot easier.Although I easily knew things were starting to falter when I saw all the "human" drawings of the human minifigs, which were completely different from past years. I wish they brought it back, maybe even steal Ninjago's spotlight. Cause seriously, what would you rather see, ninjas driving around in cars and spinning while beating up snake people, or oriental-style mechs whose pilots have martial arts skills fighting a plague of robots that have turned against them?

The Old King is dead long live the King

Dragon types will rule

PM me if you have Pokemon White

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are of the remaining 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

One of my favorite all time themes, honestly. My favorite part was the golden city saga, when they introduced all those ball-and socket joint bricks, which certainly made things a lot easier.Although I easily knew things were starting to falter when I saw all the "human" drawings of the human minifigs, which were completely different from past years. I wish they brought it back, maybe even steal Ninjago's spotlight. Cause seriously, what would you rather see, ninjas driving around in cars and spinning while beating up snake people, or oriental-style mechs whose pilots have martial arts skills fighting a plague of robots that have turned against them?

I can't decide which I'd rather see! :wacko:I liked the anime style of art for the Exo-Force comics, but I also love the route Ninjago is taking, with the minifigs being the be-all and end-all canon forms of each character. I was disappointed in the third year of Exo-Force when the more refined look of the previous character art was swapped for a sketchier style.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

They should make a Exo-Force FPS. It would rock!

Yeah, I can totally agree with that. It would almost be like Avatar in the Jungle Mission with jungle-oriented mechs and whatnot.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If they don't bring back BIONICLE after Hero Factory's demise, they should redo Exo-Force!

I feel that Exo-Force is a huge possiblilty for a re-boot, as it's a common Lego theme that they have the rights too, even if they used different characters, though we'd all like to see the old characters.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I never bought a single Exo-Force set, but the comics... Manga + LEGO = Awesomesplosion. Seriously, the art style rivaled Bionicle's, which is saying something.I really hope LEGO reboots Exo-Force. Seeing more comics along the lines of the old Exo-Force ones would be great.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 2 weeks later...

I never bought a single Exo-Force set, but the comics... Manga + LEGO = Awesomesplosion. Seriously, the art style rivaled Bionicle's, which is saying something.I really hope LEGO reboots Exo-Force. Seeing more comics along the lines of the old Exo-Force ones would be great.

The thing I like about Exo-Force is that is does have possibility to reboot. However, being Lego, they might mess it up, though, they might be able to make it even better too.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

The thing I like about Exo-Force is that is does have possibility to reboot. However, being Lego, they might mess it up, though, they might be able to make it even better too.
I don't think that LEGO would "mess it up" if they brought Exo-Force back. Certainly, they would change things, or else there wouldn't be a demand any-more, and it would have the same cause of its end as before. Chances are, I doubt that they will bring Exo-Force itself back, but they will probably have a new theme eventually that is similar to how Exo-Force was.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I doubt Lego would ever bring back Exo-Force. They might make another mech-theme but it definitely won't bring the return of Keiken, Ha-Ya-To or Meca One, which is a tad disappointing. I did love those characters.

They did have rather interesting personalities, which makes me wish we had an official ending. But, oh well...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

What, my topic died? oh well.Man, I love this line. right now, actually, I'm reading the comics again. Remember the first exo-force game they had online? wasn't that just so awesome? I remember I got to like, level 40 or something.

Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

What, my topic died? oh well.Man, I love this line. right now, actually, I'm reading the comics again. Remember the first exo-force game they had online? wasn't that just so awesome? I remember I got to like, level 40 or something.

I remember being so bad at that game... too bad it's not up anymore, is it?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Try the WayBack Machine. I dunno.

mindeth the cobwebs

tried that, nope

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

tried that, nope
Then I have no idea what to do.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...shocked that I saw this. I am the owner of the Exo-Force wiki and I used to have back-up copies of the games, but the site I hosted them on went down and they lost all their data :'( But I do still have the comics...Exo-Force should be reintroduced, I got every single flippin set and I love them all, still got the boxes and everything.

• 1 month later...

Anybody still talking here? or is this topic dead? I want to start an exo-force skype group talkin about exo-force n' stuff, but I never have a good place to gather people together.

First off, please do not double post, as stated in the BZPower Rules & Guidelines:

Do not double post. Posting two or more times in a row is not necessary. There is an edit button for all posts you make, and it should be used. Double posting is a waste of bandwidth, and the rule against it will be heavily enforced.

Furthermore, please do not post in topics that have been inactive for 30 days or more, as per the BZPower Rules as well as the LEGO Discussion Rules:

6. No topic revival past 30 days since the latest post.

Topic revived; topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender