You would say that Spawn XDWell it's true, but I'm dead serious - Lupe and Social Rap in general just appeal to me on a way higher level than Gangster Rap. Words I Never Said, Break the Chain, and Shining Down are probably some of my favourite songs of all time - and i didn't even like rap until i heard them.

Gangster rap is brain dead nowadays. You'd think that Snoop and Dre could keep the genre alive, nope. Other than teasing us with the Chronic for so long, Dre doesn't do anything, and Snoop's stuff is less gangster more 'whurrs ma money!'

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Alright, Eminem. God of Rap. Any challengers? Too bad, they already lose. End of discussion.TOPIC CLOSEDNo, it's not, actually, I was just fooling, I'm not a moderator, I can't close topics. But I haven't seen much discussion about him lately- post Recovery has been uneventful, sure, but he's still making music. Bad Meets Evil is probably the best rap group out there. Not that they have a lot of competition, mind you, but I think they give Jayne a run for their money.

I like three of his songs: Lose It, Slim Shady, Without Me. Marshall Mathers, too, I guess...But I think Stan is just messe dup. But HEY! That's Horror Rap for ya!I guess I like his Slim Shady side, it's more fun.This looks like a job for meSo everybody, just follow meAnd we need a little controversy'Cause it feels so empty Without MeLa, la, la, la, la...See, Ty, I do like SOME Rap.And by some, I mean Eminem.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Rap music ruins your life and kills babies and steals candy from children.

You're a terrible person for even attempting to troll with that.Stan wasn't all that messed up. That was probably one of his most brilliant pieces. It glimpsed at the things that rappers, musicians in general, just don't like talking about. But Em did, and he did it beautifully. Edited by ~JC~

Rap music ruins your life and kills babies and steals candy from children.

You're a terrible person for even attempting to troll with that.Stan wasn't all that messed up. That was probably one of his most brilliant pieces. It glimpsed at the things that rappers, musicians in general, just don't like talking about. But Em did, and he did it beautifully.
Well, yeah. That's kind of what I meant, actually.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Coachella!Tupac hologram!This doesn't have a lot to do with rap itself, I guess, but I wanted to drop my two cents about the performance itself. It was, well, if it were acting, he wouldn't have gotten casted. The lip syncing was nonexistant, sure, but the audio over it 100% sold him out. The dancing was weird and poorly choreographed, but it paled in comparison to how edited his rapping was, but overall...I was impressed. I paint a bad picture but the truth is it was realistic. I can forgive all the laziness because instead of a live rapper up on stage, they had a hologram.

It felt kind of creepy at first, watching it, but then I started to notice how oddly his feet slid around on the stage, and I started to nitpick it really, really badly, but then I saw how well it traded raps with Snoop and I just sat back and enjoyed it.It was the first time they'd used the technology live, and considering that, it was a fantastic job. Rumor has it that Snoop and Dre are going on a world tour with the hologram, too. That should be interesting.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

He never actually did as much rapping as he'd try to convince you in Still D.R.E. or Forgot about Dre. Didn't have verses in the few most famous NWA songs, didn't produce as many albums as his proteges. Was more of a businessman than a rapper.

I can't believe I only just heard of Linkin Park's song "High Voltage" (the remix in Hybrid Theory: Special Edition) during the past week. Not that I need any more proof that Mike Shinoda is awesome, but the song is beast. The older version is good, too, but not up to the remix's level.Before you ask why I'm posting this here, the song features so much Shinoda that it's pretty much flat-out rap. :P

• 2 weeks later...

RIP to Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys. Dead far too young.God, this sucks. Spinning III Communication on repeat right now.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Rap has never been my thing but I've always had a soft spot for the Beastie Boys, so when I found out about MCA I was pretty shocked. It's terrible that someone, especially with that kind of talent and who had helped to bring so much to the music world, died at such a young age.Went out and bought Hello Nasty in memory of him; such a fantastic album.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally listened to all of The Rising Tied by Fort Minor. I love it. There are a lot of solid beats and riffs throughout the album, and I also enjoy how the vast majority of lyrical themes aren't about fame, fortune, girls, or ego inflation (not saying most big-time rappers only rap about those subjects, just saying those themes are rather common).