Welcome back to the Legend of Zelda topic, where you can discuss any of the games that are currently out, or even the unreleased games that have yet to be made, by speculating about what they could be.You could also talk about the stuff outside the games, like the different Manga series, or even, if you really wish to, the cartoon, or... No. Nobody should discuss the CDi games; they should just be forgotten. =POf course, there's also the Hyrule Historia, which, you know, revealed the entire timeline(Link to an image of timeline pending)...Overall, this is the place to discuss the Legend of Zelda series in general!

I'm currently checking into official status, but it was kinda a head-scratcher for the last topic, to be honest.But yeah, I definitely agree with that sentiment, about it being the best, Cholie. =D

Yes, they are. =D They skim over some of the non-important areas of the games, and sometimes skip bosses, but the story is excellent regardless.(Though Phantom Hourglass's manga adaption could've been a little longer...)

Let's see... OoT 1 and 2... Link to the Past... I believe Four Swords 1 and 2...The Oracles were good as well. =) Some were split into two volumes because of the amount of story content, so you may want to read the OoT ones, Four Swords, and Oracles first. =)(Since Oracles of Seasons and Ages are each one half of a whole. And it goes Seasons then Ages for the manga continuity. ;))

From the rooooooof. =P There's a Clawshot target on the roof, you then crawl through the upper rafters(Don't go there at night. Trust me.), and then drop down into Zelda's room. Make sure she's still on the surface, though. =P

Talk to everyone. Three times if you must. =P Basically, you can't go wrong if you talk to everyone at least twice, and most of the Gratitude Crystal sidequests are right on Skyloft(And one of the quests is the Item Check Girl. =P I won't say how so, though)

Talk to everyone in Skyloft, day and night. You should get something. If you need Gratutude Crystals, use the dowsing feature at night; they're just lying around. There are a few on Beedle's Island and the Lumpy Pumpkin, as well. Dowse for Goddess Cubes, too. Play minigames at Fun Fun Island and...whatever that bamboo place is called. Apparently there's a minigame at the Shipyard, too, with the minecarts.

Q2TtLEz.png

For the record, it's the Song of Time, played backwards. It's a hidden song. =PAnd it kinda is a little of a slow pace; but I believe I completed it faster than most of the Zelda games, target practice notwithstanding. =P

Am I the only one not entirely impressed with Skyward Sword? I'm at the third temple, the mine one, and I really am trying to decide how much worse it is than the Water Temple. Although I find Skyward Sword fun, I have gotten stuck twice, and both times it was just frustrating. I refuse to use any form of a guide, but some of this stuff is just annoying.

Personally, I enjoyed Lanayru Mining Facility, mainly due to the use of Timeshift Stones, though I agree that it did get confusing at points.Overall, I thought SS fell somewhat short of the hype due mainly to the lacking overworld. Zelda has always been a balance of puzzles and exploration, and I feel that SS was tilted far more toward the former. People always go on about the linearity of Twilight Princess, but I found SS to be just as linear, if not more. Sure, there's a lot to see in a region the first time you go there, but that doesn't mean there's a lot to do. Not to mention that there were only three different locales in the game, and they weren't connected in any way. At the very least, they should have connected the areas and added ice and water regions. I mean, you can't even explore Lake Floria, it's just, "Dive off the platform and land in the lake! Oh wait the current's too strong into the tunnel you go sorry."Fi was also a contributing factor - you're running low on hearts, so you start flashing red, and if that isn't enough, the game's making an annoying beeping noise at you. Other games left it at than, but no, Fi has to make an even more annoying beeping noise to let you know that it's beeping to let you know that you're flashing red to let you know that you're low on hearts.The music was part of it, too - they focused more on creating epic, sweeping pieces than on simple, catchy tunes that you have stuck in your head for days and still enjoy every minute of it. Not that I didn't like the music, it's just that the music is only good while you're playing the game rather than something you actually take away from the experience. Orchestral music doesn't have to be this way, either - just look at ZREO.Overall, though, SS was still a great game, just not as good as I thought it would be. Majora's Mask still takes first in my mind.

Q2TtLEz.png

Personally, I enjoyed Lanayru Mining Facility, mainly due to the use of Timeshift Stones, though I agree that it did get confusing at points.Overall, I thought SS fell somewhat short of the hype due mainly to the lacking overworld. Zelda has always been a balance of puzzles and exploration, and I feel that SS was tilted far more toward the former. People always go on about the linearity of Twilight Princess, but I found SS to be just as linear, if not more. Sure, there's a lot to see in a region the first time you go there, but that doesn't mean there's a lot to do. Not to mention that there were only three different locales in the game, and they weren't connected in any way. At the very least, they should have connected the areas and added ice and water regions. I mean, you can't even explore Lake Floria, it's just, "Dive off the platform and land in the lake! Oh wait the current's too strong into the tunnel you go sorry."Fi was also a contributing factor - you're running low on hearts, so you start flashing red, and if that isn't enough, the game's making an annoying beeping noise at you. Other games left it at than, but no, Fi has to make an even more annoying beeping noise to let you know that it's beeping to let you know that you're flashing red to let you know that you're low on hearts.The music was part of it, too - they focused more on creating epic, sweeping pieces than on simple, catchy tunes that you have stuck in your head for days and still enjoy every minute of it. Not that I didn't like the music, it's just that the music is only good while you're playing the game rather than something you actually take away from the experience. Orchestral music doesn't have to be this way, either - just look at ZREO.Overall, though, SS was still a great game, just not as good as I thought it would be. Majora's Mask still takes first in my mind.

I agree with the linearity. I really wish there was more in the sky to do. Even with Wind Waker's ridiculously sized overworld, it still felt busy. There were hidden sections, minigames, and floating boats. SS seemed to lack a lot of that.However I don't quite agree with the music. I thought the music was one of the strongest portions of the game. I know I had the Eldin Volcano music stuck in my head for a while. And the Gate of Time music was absoulutely beautiful.
jlovfkk.jpg

I agree with the linearity. I really wish there was more in the sky to do.Even with Wind Waker's ridiculously sized overworld, it still felt busy. There were hidden sections, minigames, and floating boats. SS seemed to lack a lot of that.However I don't quite agree with the music. I thought the music was one of the strongest portions of the game. I know I had the Eldin Volcano music stuck in my head for a while. And the Gate of Time music was absoulutely beautiful.
I loved the music, but I must say that it was not as good as some other themes from games (such as Super Mario Galaxy.) Also, while I agree that Fi is annoying, her voice was MUCH better than Navi's. And at least Fi doesn't remind you to "meet the Fairy on Death Mountain" six or seven times as you are climbing said mountain.Surprisingly, I was okay with how linear Skyward Sword was. I know I criticized Super Mario Galaxy and 3D Land for being too linear, but it just didn't bother me in Skyward Sword. It's more of the fact that I do not like the layout of the dungeons in this game. They are kind of boring. I still do wish there was a lot more exploration, and the "overworld" in the sky is very lacking.I'm not at all saying that Skyward Sword is bad, it's just that it was overly hyped. Edited by The Beninator

Ah Legend of Zelda, good times. I was so obsessed with it that I conquered my total lack of gaming skills and beat Twilight Princess, after about a year. I have only played Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks, though I have spent some time watching play-throughs for entertainment. Of the three I would say that Spirit Tracks was my least favorite, its overworld was too restrictive. I'm okay with using trains, but I would like to explore more of the world than just stations. Wind Waker had a lot of time sailing, but at least then you had to actively steer and react to dangers. Locomotion in Spirit Tracks seemed kind of...alienating. Not sure if that makes sense. From the sound of it Skyward Sword has a similar problem with limited overworlds, so I guess it is lucky that my Wii's problems stopped me from getting it.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The only 'restrictions' SS's overworld has is that you actually have to, you know, go back to the sky to shift to another overworld. Which makes sense, because each area is probably the size of one TP Hyrule Field. =P

The only 'restrictions' SS's overworld has is that you actually have to, you know, go back to the sky to shift to another overworld. Which makes sense, because each area is probably the size of one TP Hyrule Field. =P

Ah, that makes sense then.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Might be exaggerating, but the areas are pretty large, which you can see in a segment later on in one of the areas, where you have to search over it for things. I won't say anything more for fear of spoilers. =P

For Christmas I got a 3DS, and the first physical game I got for it was Ocarina of Time 3D. This was my first 3D Zelda game (I had played A Link to the Past and the original on GBA rereleases, and also got the Four Swords anniversary edition on my new 3DS), and I was thoroughly impressed. I beat it, both the original and Master Quest, a couple of weeks ago, and I was so satisfied with the experience that I went on to get Twilight Princess for my Wii, which I had otherwise hardly used in ages.Anyway, cue me accidentally saving over my file with my little brother's two days ago, when he asked me to save for him. I had gotten all the way to Arbiter's Grounds too. 30 hours... >_<I've considered getting Skyward Sword next, which would require me to get a WiiMotion Plus attachment for one of our Wii Remotes. I only got Twilight Princess first because it was cheaper (now that it's been released as a Nintendo Selects title), and because I was worried about getting a game that mixed up the formula so much right after I had made the leap to 3D with Ocarina of Time. I intended to use Twilight Princess as a sort of "bridge", so that I can ease back into Wii gaming.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For the music discussion: I wouldn't say Skyward Sword had the best soundtrack of the series, but it's up there. The problem I had with it was that there wasn't really any theme that stuck out to me (Like the Overworld Music from Twilight Princess). I did like Fi's Lament though.I feel like Skyward Sword wasn't the dramatic step forward we were promised, but it was just a game that was extremely solid mechanically. The most innovation that game had relative to the rest of the series was probably the story, ironically enough.And I HATED Lanayru Mining Facility. The "past" music was really good, but the whole time I felt like I wasn't making any progress. Plus those laser-eye statues...I felt like that was the one area in the game where the controls weren't working. Plus the boss fight was a bit dissapointing. The Ancient Cistern made up for it though, that was far and away my favorite dungeon.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Well, honestly, the Beamos took a little time to get used to, and obviously nearly killed people, but after the first few times, I didn't have as much trouble as, say, defeating one(Or attempting to, at least) in Minish Cap or OoT, or even MM. =P