Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu Tv Series Discussion Topic

Aanchir

What about the other end of the spectrum. Do you think they should axe any characters for next year?P.S.: I think Zane with half his face torn off is cool. I'd love to get him as a minifig!-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

What about the other end of the spectrum. Do you think they should axe any characters for next year?P.S.: I think Zane with half his face torn off is cool. I'd love to get him as a minifig!-Bane

I guess the serpentine aren´t appearing next year but besides that, I don´t think they should get rid of any characters, simply because there is no need to. If anything, they should add new characters. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

What was that strange object the Ninja found in the Great Devourer blood at the end when Lloyd was wondering what happened to his dad? The bone in Lord Garmadon's helmet? Anyways, until we know what the characters are saying, it won't make sense why Wu survived and Pythor didn't. It would have been so much cooler to have an epic Wu vs. Pythor in the Great Devourer's gullet. Also, Lloyd, even though he's the Green Ninja, who is supposed to rise above the rest, he doesn't even do much. Actually, the Ninja have never achieved their ultimate goal for either season! First season: Garmadon wins and escapes. Now: Garmadon beats the giant snake, Ninja just play with a four-headed dragon. So much for the good guys always winning.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

What was that strange object the Ninja found in the Great Devourer blood at the end when Lloyd was wondering what happened to his dad? The bone in Lord Garmadon's helmet? Anyways, until we know what the characters are saying, it won't make sense why Wu survived and Pythor didn't. It would have been so much cooler to have an epic Wu vs. Pythor in the Great Devourer's gullet. Also, Lloyd, even though he's the Green Ninja, who is supposed to rise above the rest, he doesn't even do much. Actually, the Ninja have never achieved their ultimate goal for either season! First season: Garmadon wins and escapes. Now: Garmadon beats the giant snake, Ninja just play with a four-headed dragon. So much for the good guys always winning.

Lloyd doesn´t do much because LEGO was smart enough to make an entire season about Lloyd´s training. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Again, I don't think, nor do I hope the protagonist cast changes much. Yeah, the Serpentine most likely won't show up again, unless a few appear in the background like Nuckal and Kruncha have been doing.Yeah, a Zane minifig like that could be cool, but it's the kind of thing that's more fun to see people make customs of.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm really thinking the next "season" will be a filler arc that features Lloyd's training to become the green ninja, especially considering that the length of this "season" has really been more that of a typical TV half-season. It wouldn't be smart for LEGO to forego having new episodes during the autumn lead-up to Christmas, but at the same time it wouldn't be smart for LEGO to introduce next year's villains so early and to only release them in sets next year once all the "newness" had worn off. By doing a season of minor, show-exclusive villains and scenarios, tied together with the backbone of Lloyd's training, LEGO can keep the Ninjago brand fresh in consumers' heads, while at the same time maturing Lloyd from a tag-along kid into a full-fledged main character in time for him to have a greater role in next year's product range, which will probably feature Garmadon as the main foe once again.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't think the Serpentine are to be abandoned. As shown in this last episode, they're setting up Skales to lead the Serpentine army.Personally, I'm not a huge fan of what happened. Almost everything this year is invalid already, the golden weapons, ninja vehicles, Pythor, the dragons. I hope they make a small series about Lloyd's training in between this season and the next, that'd be cool.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm really thinking the next "season" will be a filler arc that features Lloyd's training to become the green ninja, especially considering that the length of this "season" has really been more that of a typical TV half-season. It wouldn't be smart for LEGO to forego having new episodes during the autumn lead-up to Christmas, but at the same time it wouldn't be smart for LEGO to introduce next year's villains so early and to only release them in sets next year once all the "newness" had worn off. By doing a season of minor, show-exclusive villains and scenarios, tied together with the backbone of Lloyd's training, LEGO can keep the Ninjago brand fresh in consumers' heads, while at the same time maturing Lloyd from a tag-along kid into a full-fledged main character in time for him to have a greater role in next year's product range, which will probably feature Garmadon as the main foe once again.

Makes sense, and plenty of people have shown interest in more mini-movies. I'm hoping that this is somewhat the direction LEGO will choose to go if it works, as this is a very good way of getting the story to go along with the sets at the same time. Also, chances are the main season 3 will premiere in December 2012, as season 2 did on December 2, 2011.As T.B.O.C. mentioned above, chances are that along with a mini-season about Lloyd's training, there's still more of the Serpentine that can be expected. I'll be excited to see what's coming up. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Personally, I hope the 2013 season will focus on Lloyd growing up, maturing and training to become a ninja. Such a plot has a lot of potential, although I would also be happy with a mini-series like last year´s showing the beginning of Lloyd´s training.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Anyway, watched this episode in korean, and here's what I think:

<P>Lord Garmadon's turning towards good was too easy. Wouldn't he be moreclosely under the snake's sway in his prescense? Also, I thought that the GreatDevourer could not be killed. I guess the four golden weapons were powerfulenough, but it seemed a little too easy. Also, it would have been nice to havethe ultra sonic raider make a longer appearance. As to the four-headed dragon,Meh. I could care less.</P>

Also, I wonder if there'll be a new generation of ninja next year. It seems to make sense, since the original ninja have reached their full potential.

I think that more than anything else, the Great Devourer's bite made Lord Garmadon extremely jealous and hateful, rather than making him evil for the sake of being evil. With that said, it isn't hard to imagine that he could turn that same hatefulness and desire for revenge against the Great Devourer, which he has every reason to detest.The finale was pretty great, and I think it suitably wrapped up this arc. It also left a lot of intentional loose ends that the next season will surely tackle. For instance, the Ninja no longer have vehicles or a headquarters, so the next season will likely incorporate new vehicles/mounts and a new headquarters from the 2013 line of sets. Lord Garmadon remains at large, and now with more power than ever before since he has the golden weapons. Lloyd still needs to continue training as a Ninja, which I'm sure will be a major theme in the third season.

Overall, I hope we don't have to wait too long for new content, whether it comes in the form of the next season or some "mini-movies" like the six we had last year.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

<P>Lord Garmadon's turning towards good was too easy. Wouldn't he be moreclosely under the snake's sway in his prescense? Also, I thought that the GreatDevourer could not be killed. I guess the four golden weapons were powerfulenough, but it seemed a little too easy. Also, it would have been nice to havethe ultra sonic raider make a longer appearance. As to the four-headed dragon,Meh. I could care less.</P>

Also, I wonder if there'll be a new generation of ninja next year. It seems to make sense, since the original ninja have reached their full potential.

I think that more than anything else, the Great Devourer's bite made Lord Garmadon extremely jealous and hateful, rather than making him evil for the sake of being evil. With that said, it isn't hard to imagine that he could turn that same hatefulness and desire for revenge against the Great Devourer, which he has every reason to detest.The finale was pretty great, and I think it suitably wrapped up this arc. It also left a lot of intentional loose ends that the next season will surely tackle. For instance, the Ninja no longer have vehicles or a headquarters, so the next season will likely incorporate new vehicles/mounts and a new headquarters from the 2013 line of sets. Lord Garmadon remains at large, and now with more power than ever before since he has the golden weapons. Lloyd still needs to continue training as a Ninja, which I'm sure will be a major theme in the third season.

Overall, I hope we don't have to wait too long for new content, whether it comes in the form of the next season or some "mini-movies" like the six we had last year.

Mini movies of Loyd's training would be fun, or some Samurai X mini vids, or finally, Maybe some short face-off movies, like, "Kai vs. Samurai X". For next year, it'd be cool if it was, "Snakes and skeletons versus ninja and samurai."-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

The ninja are without their Golden Weapons now? The next season is going to be very interesting. :rolleyes: I hope they don´t recover them until a later episode so there is some room for further character development if the ninja can´t rely on their weapons anymore.

-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So the ninja could be screwed next season, but hopefully they don't need the weapons anymore. Garmadon I'm now believing is NOT the Dark Lord, it has to be someone who was evil from the start, he was bitten and there for Artificially evil. I for one want to know who made the great devourer and the serpentine!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Mini movies of Loyd's training would be fun, or some Samurai X mini vids, or finally, Maybe some short face-off movies, like, "Kai vs. Samurai X". For next year, it'd be cool if it was, "Snakes and skeletons versus ninja and samurai."-Bane
I don't know about face-off movies, especially not Kai vs. Samurai X, seeing as that is Kai's sister. :P They do have somewhat similar videos in commercials with the Serpentine tribes.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Just finished watching the last episode.

This episode wasn´t my favourite, but it was decent. Will the Serpentine return led by Skales? Also, they definitely seem to hint that the next season will be about Lloyd´s training. However, it also sounds like the next season will be the last.

Overall, it can be safely said the second season of Ninjago is the best animated production that has been made for LEGO. Overall, it was very good and some episodes like the seventh were simply fantastic. I hope LEGO can live up to the legacy of the second season with the third, if not even surpass it. Great job, LEGO! :) I still have to see the last episode in German so the fun is not over for me yet, but still, it has been great fun and I look forward to the next season. :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This episode wasn´t my favourite, but it was decent. Will the Serpentine return led by Skales? Also, they definitely seem to hint that the next season will be about Lloyd´s training. However, it also sounds like the next season will be the last.

Overall, it can be safely said the second season of Ninjago is the best animated production that has been made for LEGO. Overall, it was very good and some episodes like the seventh were simply fantastic. I hope LEGO can live up to the legacy of the second season with the third, if not even surpass it. Great job, LEGO! :) I still have to see the last episode in German so the fun is not over for me yet, but still, it has been great fun and I look forward to the next season. :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Wait, what gave you the idea that next season will be the last. I sure hope it won't. It's too far away for LEGO to already be thinking in that direction. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wait, what gave you the idea that next season will be the last. I sure hope it won't. It's too far away for LEGO to already be thinking in that direction. :(
Sensei Wu´s final speech gave me that impression. :shrugs:-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Either way. I hope it continues. It's doing good, and I read somewhere that it was on Cartoon Network's top 10 most-popular shows or something in the United States.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Either way. I hope it continues. It's doing good, and I read somewhere that it was on Cartoon Network's top 10 most-popular shows or something in the United States.
According to composer Jay Vincent, it was the #1 rated TV series among boys aged 2-14 in February, so it´s obviously doing very good.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Conveniently, Sensei Wu survived, Pythor did not, and the tea just happened to land, unspilled, right next to Wu. A struggle in the Great Devourer's gullet would have been cooler. Also, the Great Devourer was stupid enough to display it's only weak spot with a green light. Wow.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Conveniently, Sensei Wu survived, Pythor did not, and the tea just happened to land, unspilled, right next to Wu. A struggle in the Great Devourer's gullet would have been cooler. Also, the Great Devourer was stupid enough to display it's only weak spot with a green light. Wow.

What makes you think that it can control the green light that indicates its weak spot? There's nothing stupid about it if it can't help it.Also, we have no way of knowing for sure that Pythor didn't survive, though chances are he'd have a hard time being accepted by the other Serpentine since his little crusade ended up nearly getting everybody including the Serpentine themselves killed.If Pythor didn't survive, it's obviously because Sensei Wu is made of tougher stuff than him. He is the son of the first master of Spinjitzu, after all. As for his teapot, we've seen that Sensei Wu's powers don't stop short of miracles before, such as when he conjured a teacup from thin air in the original 2011 TV special. It's quite possible that there was no tea in it until he picked it up.

Why are you being so harsh without thinking it through. We don't know if Pythor survived or not. He does have the ability to turn invisible, as seen in previous episodes, so he could have fled and hid somewhere. That tea pot is magical anyways. Wu has clearly brewed and poured from that teapot while underwater for example. It's not supposed to be a children's educational physics cartoon. :PUnlike what Aanchir said, I've researched that many snakes do have "weak spots", or places on their heads where their scales are thinner and can sometime be seen through. I don't think it was a light, but more of a location with thinner scales that the slime-like substance that exploded out was like.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The tea has been a running gag since the start, so it´s understandable. Makes more sense than drinking tea underwater. :P I´m not sure how a struggle inside the Great Devourer could have been made either. I´m not sure why Kai threw the tea into the Great Devourer´s mouth, though. When he did I thought some sort of magical tea would enable Sensei Wu to survive. As for the weak spot, I guess this genetic disadvantage is the reason why the Great Devourer seems to be the only one left of its kind. :P

-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Looks like season 3 episodes (+ synopsis) are on [ ]. If you don't mind being spoiled, read ahead at your own risk!Edit: Mention of a site with forums removed. Please see the Advertising Policy.-Wind-

I read those. They're most likely fake. For instance, they refer to the Ninja's alleged new outfits by name, something the show has never done so far. And since that site is never a primary source, unless one can be found elsewhere there's a good chance the info is bogus.But enough on that. Dralcax, you're being awful critical of the finale. For one, we have no idea whether or not Pythor survived. In fact, since Sensei Wu did, I reckon Pythor did as well (let us not forget that he can turn invisible, and so could have easily escaped before the ninja noticed him). Sensei Wu's teapot remained full and unspilled because it was necessary for the joke at the end, and since it wasn't a plot point, that can be forgiven. And don't say that the Devourer was stupid because it had that weak point showing. The poor beastie couldn't help that! :PAnd yeah, the ninja did sort of celebrate after Garmadon had defeated the Great Devourer, but the ninja had done all the heavy lifting (tying it up in knots is a lot harder than diving at it with four magical weapons from the top of a building), and since besides Garmadon's escape everything turned out okay (Even their mentor, who had been assumed dead, was there alive and well to reassure them), I think the ninja had earned a happy ending.P.S. After typing up this reply, I noticed that my brothers have pretty much covered all the points I made. But I'm too stubborn not to post this.

Well, the weak spot might not actually be much of a stretch. I have a interest in reptiles and as such I know that a "third eye" type structure is present on many reptiles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_eye. While this does not appear on snakes, lizards and tuataras do possess it. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for LEGO to have mashed a bunch of reptilian traits into the great devourer. He does possess a frill similar to the Frilled Lizard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frilled_Lizard. I would not consider it too outlandish to have that as a weak spot in a fiction theme.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

I don't think Pythor survived, which is a disappointment, as he was a magnificent character. I think they would have hinted slightly at his survival if he had, instead of just Fangtom speaking of him in the past tense. I think it was well-written just how mad Pythor went in the last few days of his life, and how Skales is going to use this to his advantage.I think that Sensei Wu and the ninja should rebuild the Monastery of Spinjitzu now, since the Destiny's Bounty is destroyed, as it would be helpful to Lloyd in his training.I also don't get why the ninja weren't freaked out that their dragons have formed into one 4-headed dragon thing, and Cole just ran up and greeted Rocky's head. Just Rocky's head, why did that not seem weird to him at all?I really hope we get some mini-movies too, the ones from last year were cool.

I think if there is anything in this series that I wish would have happened is more character development in the Serpentine. I mean, it made sense how they acted in the show, as it was written as a kids show, but I would have liked to see hate between Slithraa and Skales, considering the latter threw him over as leader and then allied with his enemy. More uses of the generals would have been cool, as we never really saw into Acidius' or Skalidor's personalities, or even their names in the series.I'm also wondering what happened to the whole spinjitzu thing: I mean, Frakjaw, Krazi and other Skulkin knew spinjitzu, but never used it, and some Serpentine should have known spinjitzu hypothetically, as they had spinners. Why wasn't this some sort of idea? I mean, it would have been interesting, as I don't remember ever seeing a spinjitzu vs, spinjitzu battle in the series yet.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I don't think Pythor survived, which is a disappointment, as he was a magnificent character. I think they would have hinted slightly at his survival if he had, instead of just Fangtom speaking of him in the past tense. I think it was well-written just how mad Pythor went in the last few days of his life, and how Skales is going to use this to his advantage.I think that Sensei Wu and the ninja should rebuild the Monastery of Spinjitzu now, since the Destiny's Bounty is destroyed, as it would be helpful to Lloyd in his training.I also don't get why the ninja weren't freaked out that their dragons have formed into one 4-headed dragon thing, and Cole just ran up and greeted Rocky's head. Just Rocky's head, why did that not seem weird to him at all?I really hope we get some mini-movies too, the ones from last year were cool.

I think if there is anything in this series that I wish would have happened is more character development in the Serpentine. I mean, it made sense how they acted in the show, as it was written as a kids show, but I would have liked to see hate between Slithraa and Skales, considering the latter threw him over as leader and then allied with his enemy. More uses of the generals would have been cool, as we never really saw into Acidius' or Skalidor's personalities, or even their names in the series.I'm also wondering what happened to the whole spinjitzu thing: I mean, Frakjaw, Krazi and other Skulkin knew spinjitzu, but never used it, and some Serpentine should have known spinjitzu hypothetically, as they had spinners. Why wasn't this some sort of idea? I mean, it would have been interesting, as I don't remember ever seeing a spinjitzu vs, spinjitzu battle in the series yet.

Not every character who had a spinner knew Spinjitzu; for instance, Nya never learned Spinjitzu in-story, preferring to use her own unique fighting style. I imaging one reason "Fang-kwon-do" was mentioned in the second episode was to suggest that, yes, the Serpentine also have a different fighting form that is represented in sets by Spinners.As for the Skulkins never using Spinjitzu, despite some of the books explicitly saying that a few were trained in it by Garmadon, I imagine this was a stylistic choice on the part of the TV writers. This may have to do with how Spinjitzu is represented in the show; fight scenes are less interesting when you just have two tornadoes crashing into one another until one runs out of juice.

Today both Wil Film and Cartoon Network have added new clips from the series, finally after 4 weeks of not doing so. Wil Film's, as usual, are available in HD. Find the links here: [Wil Film | Cartoon Network]

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Wait a second. Wu had his tea when fighting Chokun. He did not have it when he confronted Pythor. Mysteriously, it ended up back on Destiny's Bounty when Kai threw it overboard. I knew it was spill-proof and waterproof, but teleportation? That tea keeps getting weirder and weirder.

aouROFb.png

Wait a second. Wu had his tea when fighting Chokun. He did not have it when he confronted Pythor. Mysteriously, it ended up back on Destiny's Bounty when Kai threw it overboard. I knew it was spill-proof and waterproof, but teleportation? That tea keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Most people I know have more than one teapot. Somebody like Wu who loves tea would surely have more than one.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Most people I know have more than one teapot. Somebody like Wu who loves tea would surely have more than one.
How DARE you pretend Sensei Wu´s legendary TEAPOT is even REMOTELY replaceable? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifSeriously, though, as we have seen in the 2011 movie, he can spawn his cup anytime out of his hands, so why not his teapot? :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

How DARE you pretend Sensei Wu´s legendary TEAPOT is even REMOTELY replaceable? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifSeriously, though, as we have seen in the 2011 movie, he can spawn his cup anytime out of his hands, so why not his teapot? :P-Gata signoff.jpg
I wouldn't say he replaced it, but more of that he got two at once. BOGO sale? :PYeah, Wu is like that, so he could have his teapot at any time by spawning it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Maybe traveler's tea can travel itself? Besides, I think the Sensei is magic http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif-BaneEdit: I've been ninja'ed! Edited by General Rocka's Bane

BZRPG profiles

Maybe traveler's tea can travel itself? Besides, I think the Sensei is magic http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif-BaneEdit: I've been ninja'ed!
Yeah, but Sensei Wu said to Lord Garmadon that he had consumed all of the Traveller´s Tea so there couldn´t be left any in his teapot. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png