Shadowy Kanohi Hau

Soran

I decided to share a piece of artwork I made out of boredom. I hope you guys like it.

dark_hau.png

Took me one hour and 30 minutes to complete it.Comment/Criticism is appreciated.

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Great work!The simplicity really helps sell this, and the glow effect is fantastic.I think the sides could have used a mor gradual fade effect like the top. As it is now, it makes the sides look very flat.Was did you draw this with?

jlovfkk.jpg

I like it, but somehow it doesnt quite look like a Hau to me. The basics are all there, and it IS obvious that it's a Hau, but the shape is kind of weird. Still, it has potential, and the glow effect is cool. Did you do this by hand first and colored it in with the computer later, or did you do it all on the computer?Keep up the good work,-Dwanny

I drew it all on a computer, using Gimp. I tried to make the darker colors blend in with the black background, (Main reason why it doesnt really look like a Kanohi Hau is probably because the Dark red at the top is too dark. Close examination shows the reddish hue in the color). I agree that I should've added more gradual fade like at the top, and I wish I blurred the sides more. I might edit the drawing later but for right now I feel like making another mask.Thanks for the C&C guys,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Nice work with the colors, particularly on the top of the mask. One thing that strikes me though is that below the eyes things seem two-dimensional. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but it's probably the perspective on the indents. I think the mouth area is fine. The eyes also look a bit off - I'd say they should be a bit closer together.

:kaukau: The eyes are really the best part, because as Akuna said, they give it the specific feel of the old Bohrok videos. And actually, I'm also reminded of when Tahu comes into the Charred Forest and is attacked by the Ta-Koro guard, except the mask itself is in more detail. It feels to me like an alternative style had there been more than one big game that first year.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh