Barraki - First, Best, And Favorite

Sumiki

Of the Barraki ...  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you say, "which one was your favorite?" do you mean in terms of design, story, pieces available, or just in general? Each of those questions has a rather different answer for me.Anyway, answers: IDK, probably Takadox, and Takadox/Mantax/Carapar.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

The Barraki were easily my favorite line of sets of all time. Their history was fascinating, their story was well developed, and their characters were unlike anything we've seen in Bionicle before. I mean, Roodaka was my favorite set of 2005 because of her personality, and then we get told that we now have a canister line of sets that were as bad, dirty, calculating, and outright evil as her, if not more so.The sets themselves too were phenomenal! They had unique, rather ingenious designs considering their price. And the designs actually had character to them. The faces, the weapons, the armor. You could actually see the personalities of the sets reflected through their appearance.And, while I'm probably going to be pelted with tomatoes for saying this, they had great launchers. Sure, they were difficult at first, but I liked that. A launcher that actually took skill to operate. Once I learned how to use them in the first month, I was able to hit targets with them 10 or even 20 feet away. I have not seen a single launcher preform that well and that accurately since then.I have come to own all six, making them my first line of canister sets that I managed to get a full collection of, but my first and favorite was Ehlek. I fell in love with him since the day I saw that prototype image of him on the cover of Bionicle Legends #6, and he is still to this day one of my favorite sets of all time.

Edited by nuhvok campaign manager

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

My least favorite would be Kalmah, due to his commonplace build unworthy of a Barraki, (but his tentacle almost makes up for it) but my favorite...Ehlek or Pridak. I guess I'll go with Pridak if I have to choose. He seemed a bit thin at first, but the vicious look in his eyes and face...the spikes...the sharkness (is that a word?) yeah. UNFORTUNATELY I NEVER GOT ONE OF THEM! (No Money)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I loved the Barraki. They retained a "prototype" sense of originality and flowing organic designs. Carapar was my first set, and I can still remember my sense of awe and fascination with them. He's my favorite just because he's the main subject of that feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted takadox all the way through and added mantax to the good designs at the end.mantax's design was especially good, nothing like what we'd seen before and that made me squiggly-happy. Takadox was my favourite though, I just really liked his personality and I've always liked mantises.

sigpic2.png

Carapar, Carapar, Carapar! Head and armor like no other, wonderfully cool. And brown!"First" was only, but okay. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Takadox was my fist, I thought he was the coolest. Then I got Kalmah, he was awesome, though had a boring design, probably the only design I didn't like.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

This was a hard one. Mantax was my first, as I found something cool about him. I put my favorite as Ehlek however. In terms of design, Ehlek was the best. The coolest story-wise had to be mantax though. He was a loner who discovered who betrayed the barraki, which made him really cool for me. I liked the design of all of them personally. They were an amazing range of sets.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

• 3 weeks later...