Hello guys! I can't believe its finally finished, but here it is: THE TA-KORO SCHOOL.Heck, everybody's got the right to be educated, so why not matoran?

:)Link

As always, I shall include a brief explanation of how i got to work on this project.

1. First i drew the basic skeleton of each character.

2. Then i drew the matoran.

3. Tahu was the hard part. first i drew him in full detail, but my style requires simplicity.

I went through a lot of different Tahu's, but i think he came out rather well in the end.

4. then i drew the blackboard; it was rather fun thinking up what would go on there.

5. SHADING! shading is what makes a drawing. Without it, the drawing just seems like a dull, flat piece of work, but once shaded, it's like it becomes real.

Hope you enjoy it

-Dwanny

Edited by bonesiii
Please thumbnail and/or link any images over 500 KB in filesize; this was just over the limit. Linkified. --bones

Welcome to BZPower, Dwanny!Unfortunately, we can't see the image you linked to; only you and the email's recipient (if there is one) can. You'll need to upload the image on a hosting site, such as Brickshelf or Photobucket, for other people to view it.

I love the detail, like having the map of Mata-Nui. I also like how the students are learning about ball-joints. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wow, cool! The style of the characters reminds the one from the movie, I like it. Love the map of Mata Nui.Tahu's about to hit Jaller with the stick :PGood details and shading - and welcome on BZPower! After the downtime many good artists left BZP, it's good to see new ones are coming ^^

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Great drawing with a hilarious concept! The drawings on the blackboard and the map of Mata Nui are great details.One criticism I have of it is that Tahu's proportions don't seem to be in the same "MoL" style as the masks and other features of the characters. He looks very short compared to the tall, imposing appearance that Toa in the BIONICLE movies tend to have. Also, I feel his legs should still feature pistons as are visible on the arms and legs in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. As it is, his legs seem more like the Toa Nuva legs with the curves changed into sharper corners than like the leg and arm designs that the Toa Nuva armor is overlaid on in MoL.One thing you definitely did get right in the BIONICLE movie style is Tahu's mask. A lot of people simply overlay Jaller's mask or Lhikan's mask on a Toa Mata body to create a "movie style" Toa Mata Tahu (especially if they're just doing an edit to show "what he would look like" rather than a proper drawing). This, however, eliminates the personality inherent in Tahu's Hau Nuva from BIONICLE: Mask of Light. You managed to maintain Tahu's gruff expression while still "downgrading" his mask to a regular Kanohi Hau, which is admirable.The classroom doesn't look like it really fits in Ta-Koro, since Ta-Koro is mostly built from stone while this classroom has wood floors and a flat, untextured wall. But that's part of what makes this drawing so amusing. It's as though BIONICLE characters and concepts were plunked into a real-world schoolhouse, with Tahu as the gruff professor and Jaller and Takua as misbehaving students. If you changed it to make it more "authentic" some of that feeling would certainly be lost. So while I can't know for sure whether that "world-switching" feel was intended, I can say that IMO it helps the drawing.

Great drawing with a hilarious concept! The drawings on the blackboard and the map of Mata Nui are great details.One criticism I have of it is that Tahu's proportions don't seem to be in the same "MoL" style as the masks and other features of the characters. He looks very short compared to the tall, imposing appearance that Toa in the BIONICLE movies tend to have. Also, I feel his legs should still feature pistons as are visible on the arms and legs in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. As it is, his legs seem more like the Toa Nuva legs with the curves changed into sharper corners than like the leg and arm designs that the Toa Nuva armor is overlaid on in MoL.One thing you definitely did get right in the BIONICLE movie style is Tahu's mask. A lot of people simply overlay Jaller's mask or Lhikan's mask on a Toa Mata body to create a "movie style" Toa Mata Tahu (especially if they're just doing an edit to show "what he would look like" rather than a proper drawing). This, however, eliminates the personality inherent in Tahu's Hau Nuva from BIONICLE: Mask of Light. You managed to maintain Tahu's gruff expression while still "downgrading" his mask to a regular Kanohi Hau, which is admirable.The classroom doesn't look like it really fits in Ta-Koro, since Ta-Koro is mostly built from stone while this classroom has wood floors and a flat, untextured wall. But that's part of what makes this drawing so amusing. It's as though BIONICLE characters and concepts were plunked into a real-world schoolhouse, with Tahu as the gruff professor and Jaller and Takua as misbehaving students. If you changed it to make it more "authentic" some of that feeling would certainly be lost. So while I can't know for sure whether that "world-switching" feel was intended, I can say that IMO it helps the drawing.

Gee, thanks! First off, i agree that tahu does seem kind of short. That's a point i stil have to work on. The main cause of that problem is because hes too small. :notsure:I also agree with the pistons/legs thing, but once again, his size got in the way. If i included all the detail, he would have been too dark.And yes, i did try to switch the worlds entirely. I got my idea at school, during a boring lesson. But then i thought, hey why dont i just plunk some matoran in this classroom? And so the idea grew.And thanks for the compliment about Tahu's mask, i really worked hard on getting Tahu's expression JUST right. You're the first one to notice, too! I tried looking up Tahu in MoL style, but he didn't quite cut the cheese. :mellow:-Dwanny

Well that's an awesome drawing! :DI really love the details, such as the wooden floor, or the back of Takua's head, or that little map. Although the stuff on the blackboard slightly confuses me (are they learning about how to build other matoran? that's a rather scary thought :cry:)Your drawing style is great. As others have pointed out, it has a certain MoL-feel to it.Tahu's expression... haha, it's great. ^^ However, that hir right arm ends in a set-like piece creeps me out a bit. In the context of the drawing, I get the impression that he lost his hand in a battle or something... That's just a mminour thing, though.Overall it's a great drawing, and I'd love to see more from you in the future! :3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Well that's an awesome drawing! :biggrin:I really love the details, such as the wooden floor, or the back of Takua's head, or that little map. Although the stuff on the blackboard slightly confuses me (are they learning about how to build other matoran? that's a rather scary thought :cry:)Your drawing style is great. As others have pointed out, it has a certain MoL-feel to it.Tahu's expression... haha, it's great. ^^ However, that hir right arm ends in a set-like piece creeps me out a bit. In the context of the drawing, I get the impression that he lost his hand in a battle or something... That's just a mminour thing, though.Overall it's a great drawing, and I'd love to see more from you in the future! :3

Thanks, i always enjoy good feedback. :3About the arm, i wanted to still have it in MoL style, but i also wanted to stay true to the set. So since tahu olda has one arm made for holding a weapon, i thought i might include that.Dwanny

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: MoL style, for the win. I like how it's especially apparent due to the back of the one Matoran's head. Kudos also for drawing them with five fingers.And obviously the math joke is hilarious. I've never seen a variant of it before, so it's pretty fresh to me. The drawing of the connection is also very nice and attractive. Interestingly enough, this picture combines MoL-style elements and the more set-accurate style of the early comics together, sort of like a breaking of the fourth wall. Were you intending for this to happen? (I read your comment right above me and obviously know the detail with the right arm was intentional)And of course, there's the crossover of Bionicle with school. Which is something I've considered doing before, although in a comedy. Although in that realm of Wonderland I'm sure it's been joked about to death already. Still, as a picture, you have some novelty. If I were to ever write a comedy about this, I'd pretty much have only one good joke to tell (I won't tell you, though, because otherwise there's no point to writing a comedy about it :P !).Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Wow, congrats on attracting this much attention while still a new member! Nice work.

Definatly don't want to get tahu mad as a teacher

If anyone did, I think that the burnmad emoticon is suffice to say. Just look how appropriate it is: :burnmad: Fire and all.Anyways...back to the art. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the blackboard. Technic piece theory? That was really clever! And the shading was just as well executed as you implied. As for Tahu's size, it does cause a perspective problem, but it's forgivable. I'll keep an eye out for more of your work.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

• 2 months later...