Farewell To Bionicle Poster

Takanuinuva

I had this on the old forums so I thought I'd post it again since going to the old forums logs you out.Basically I took four images from bionicle artwork and made them into a poster.I take no credit for the images usedlink to posterhttp://upload.bricks...c/my_poster.jpg

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

It looks ... thrown together. While that might come across as a tad harsh, the bottom portion looks too much like a bunch of images thrown on for me to really think of it as aesthetically pleasing.A simple fix for this would be to make the black backgrounds of the pasted images transparent. That would look a lot nicer, and I think the glowing Ignika would work well in front of the glowing island of Mata Nui. The actual design and concept has a lot of potential, but the black backgrounds of the pasted images, as of right now, is jarring.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It looks ... thrown together. While that might come across as a tad harsh, the bottom portion looks too much like a bunch of images thrown on for me to really think of it as aesthetically pleasing.A simple fix for this would be to make the black backgrounds of the pasted images transparent. That would look a lot nicer, and I think the glowing Ignika would work well in front of the glowing island of Mata Nui. The actual design and concept has a lot of potential, but the black backgrounds of the pasted images, as of right now, is jarring.

I would make the black transparent if I knew how. I don't have photoshop. I've tried in Paint.net but I always get a white background. If someone could make the black transparent and let the cloud background show through. I would appriciate it.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: Yeah, thrown together would be the right word for it. Really, it comes across to me as being something I accomplished once throw simple copying and pasting into MS Paint, and even then I spent a little more time to crop things in ways that they appeared aesthetically pleasing. In your case, you have a very strange border and sense of organization to your visual ideas. There's also a great imbalance in the poster, considering the way the picture on top overshadows everything else for no apparent reason. I don't necessarily see the rhyme and reason behind this poster.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh