Tribute To Dark709 By Dwanny

Dwanny

ForHonor and Glory...and cookies.Hello guys, i thought i'd make a tribute to my favorite maker of comics (and sprites), so here it is!tribute_to_dark709_good_version-3.jpgIncluding Dark709 and everyone's favorite derp, Bob. :PAs always, a brief explanation on how i started this project:1. First i took another good look at the characters from MoL, to see how their built, what their feet look like, their body's are shaped Etc.2. Then i drew the basic skeleton of Dark, starting at the body and working outwards toward the appendages.3. Drawing in the basic outlines. Once again, working from the body outwards (Drawing the expessions on the masks is always fun. ^_^ ).4. Details. Details are fun when drawing bionicles, becouse of the fact they're biomechanical. (i.e. they have a lot of machinery in them.) Just figuring out where the machinery goes is really fun.5. Shading and coloring, aka the fun part. Once you start shading, your drawing comes to life, and that encourages you to make the best of the drawing, no matter how dumn the idea is.6. Then i repeated the whole process for Bob. The hard thing about Bob was trying to get his mask JUST right. First of all, i wanted to to stay true to the kanohi Rau in the comics, but i also wanted there to be a little element of the movie stuck in there. And as if that was'nt hard enough, he also had to have a mouth, so he could eat a cookie. Aaaagh, the agony! :cry:Well, at least it came out okay in the end...Hope y'all enjoy it,-Dwanny
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of Dark709, but of your drawing, yes I am.I love the way you use the MoL style. I truly admire you for being able to do that.It is visible that you enjoy colouring/shading (as you also pointed out in that progress description), and it looks really great. The only thing which I think could be changed is the outlines. Have you ever tried inking them? This way, they would blend less with the colouring. (just a small sugggestion)The eyes look awesome, BTW. :)Overall, it's great. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I'm not a fan of Dark709, but of your drawing, yes I am.I love the way you use the MoL style. I truly admire you for being able to do that.It is visible that you enjoy colouring/shading (as you also pointed out in that progress description), and it looks really great. The only thing which I think could be changed is the outlines. Have you ever tried inking them? This way, they would blend less with the colouring. (just a small sugggestion)The eyes look awesome, BTW. :)Overall, it's great. ^^

Wow, thanks!I am patting myself on the back right now, because i really love your drawings, so for me, this is quite the accomplishment. :PI really like using MoL style, because in the movie the characters are so expressive.And thanks about the eyes! They take a reasonable amount of work, so im glad someone noticed them. -Dwanny

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: Look, it's Bilbo Baggins!Oh wait, never mind. Sorry, I think I got my tributes confused. But I do like the look of a Matoran heroically wielding a sword that looks hilariously out of place on him (though the sad thing is, the 2006 Voyatoran were portrayed this way with even bigger weapons and it was played dead strait). The expressions are nice, and the blocky proportions are lovable. I liked it back when the Matoran were Tohunga and they were intentionally short and common looking to really set them off as the everyday workers. Later generations of Matoran would turn that around and grow very tall and gallant, but somehow that actually gave them less charms. I liked them better this way, like they were robot Teddy Bears.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh