Wow, it's been a while, eh? So I was a bit busy during the downtime, as I'm sure all us MOCists were. I've got a couple of MOCs to show for it, as well as improved photography :biggrin: #1 - Unhuman Biology5669447056_7f7d14ef57.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157626606654446/with/5669447056/ This one was made for the Australian National Building Competition. It obviously didn't get very far. (Also, horrible photography D:) #2 - Thaleen General5725596831_0f9e6046a9.jpg I loved building this one. You might notice that it's primarily Hero Factory-based: that's 'cos I'd just recently got 2 Furno 2.0s :3 What fun they were. #3 - iCU5835909850_8f0bf5cd80.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157627535597082/ This one was built for a little challenge over on another site. The theme was to build something using Gali hooks (of any colour) in the most creative ways. My opponent was Mike (known as Koltrin around here I believe), and this little beasty won. #4 - Jel'eh5871380655_55b466b0e6.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157627403060829/with/5871380655/ This stubby little creature was made for an alien creation challenge over at Flickr, and won :biggrin: The design was deliberately stubby in proportions, and some have even called it 'cute'. o.OBTW, it glows. #5 - Piece Out5997910640_79fc03c00c.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/5997910640/in/photostream/ I made this one as a logo for another group that I administrate. The aim was to make something to represent the group's name: Piece Out. Also, this recently got a Daily Deviation award on DeviantArt :biggrin: #6 - Spike6061133124_87038bf1e7.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157627473747400/with/6061133124/ This one was basically just for testing out a foot design I'd come up with earlier. Regardless, the head turned out to be the main attraction of the MOC. You can probably guess why it's called spike ;) #7 - Combustible6079235119_05176ba45d.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157627391398811/with/6079235119/ You probably thought this was Cuddles the Combustible. NOPE - Chuck Testa! Just kiddins, it's Combustible, the bigger, scarier and absolutely algebraic version of that little thing I entered in the HFBC. I have never used so many gunmetal pieces in one MOC before. #8 - F33-X26131561259_82f116a625.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/albinomoosecake/sets/72157627634987508/with/6131561259/ I told you my photography improved :P This is my self-MOC, or self-mech if you prefer. It uses my favourite colour combo (dark blue/orange) and a whole load of dark blue pieces from a Bricklink order I got from Distorted. Personally, I think it's my best MOC to date :3 So yes, that's what I got up to during the downtime. It feels good to be back :) -FtC

Edited by Felix the Cat

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Felix, thank you for posting less MOCs in one topic than Christo. I never did give much proper critique on these, just a few words when they came up, so here are my quick thoughts on them:Unhuman Biology - The bases and tubes here are absolutely hideous, but I think you know that. What I do love is how the Hunas and ankle guards fit together. Definitely a technique worth revisiting in the future.Thaleen General - Tail and weapon are clear exercises in partspam, but the head's really the centerpiece here, and its' not bad. I'd love to see some plumage coming out of the top of that yellow panel. The rest is fairly dull.iCU - Another experimental piece. The torso is interesting, as are the hip guards perhaps. But the limbs are really just slapped on there, no real substance to them. The Gali hooks work, I suppose, but they still seem just stuck on. A more creative use of them would probably have made them an integral structural component of the MOC. Really, I'd be more likely to believe this was made to use those big spiked wheels.Jel'eh - I like the head, gives a kind of ice mite vibe. The rest of the MOC is just a fairly standard small humanoid MOC, although the colour distribution isn't bad. Don't care for the Piraka head feet, here, though. Feels like it wants some longer, thinner, grasshopper-style legs. Really play up the insectile feel.Piece Out - I made a comment before on this about flensing the skin off the tips of your fingers. I like the form it has (especially in that pose, so you can't obviously tell that the pink is too long), but this could have really used black finger tips with some of these plates from Ben 10's Big Chill as finger nails. That or some Click'Its pieces.Spike - Really liked these feet, really ambivalent about the rest of the MOC. I assume it's called Spike because you went crazy and partspammed like a madman. But they detract from the teeth and the claws. I'd suggest removing the ones from the back (or at least replacing them all with black, what's with that odd spike out?), and then rotate the white tentacle tips forwards, putting something on the tips of them to act as eyes and having eye stalks on it. Make it properly alien.Combustible - I liked this a lot more when it was a starfish. That was really unique. This might have been somewhat unique if you hadn't done it as the starfish first - now its just derivative of your own work. I do like that the tubes along the legs there are subtle, because they certainly aren't on your last MOC here.F33 X-2 - This was a major improvement over the flag bearing thin-footed armless version you had before. I have to ask if the knees can unbend at all, though, because I can't quite tell. Really not a fan of the tubes wrapped around the arms - they look ridiculous, and don't even go to anything. I could maybe feel them a bit more if there were lasers coming out of his palms or something, but still... Guns are better than they were the first time, though I don't like the open, black axle in the centres of them. On the whole, though, a pretty solid MOC. But I'm still not keen on the crotch.

bannerelzy.jpg

First MOCs I comment on after the downtime, and these are all awesome. All of them are extremely smooth and organic looking, with the exception of F33-X2 and ICU (Which in any case I believe aren't meant to look organic). Those two still flow incredibly well. All but Thaleen General seem perfectly colour schemed as well. Red, Black, Yellow, Blue and Green for the eye seems like to many colours on one MOC. The Red and black are fine, and the blue works well as a contrasting weapon, but the yellow helmet and green eye stand out rather weirdly in my eyes. I love 'Piece Out'. I've tried several times to make a good MOC of hand at a large scale, and failed. You've pulled it off brilliantly. I think the hero factory joints make great finger bones, and I don't have any hero factory, which is where my attempts have gone wrong. The wrist is completely faultless, brilliant. Keep up the top work, I hope to see more.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Felix, thank you for posting less MOCs in one topic than Christo. I never did give much proper critique on these, just a few words when they came up, so here are my quick thoughts on them: Unhuman Biology - The bases and tubes here are absolutely hideous, but I think you know that. What I do love is how the Hunas and ankle guards fit together. Definitely a technique worth revisiting in the future. Thaleen General - Tail and weapon are clear exercises in partspam, but the head's really the centerpiece here, and its' not bad. I'd love to see some plumage coming out of the top of that yellow panel. The rest is fairly dull. iCU - Another experimental piece. The torso is interesting, as are the hip guards perhaps. But the limbs are really just slapped on there, no real substance to them. The Gali hooks work, I suppose, but they still seem just stuck on. A more creative use of them would probably have made them an integral structural component of the MOC. Really, I'd be more likely to believe this was made to use those big spiked wheels. Jel'eh - I like the head, gives a kind of ice mite vibe. The rest of the MOC is just a fairly standard small humanoid MOC, although the colour distribution isn't bad. Don't care for the Piraka head feet, here, though. Feels like it wants some longer, thinner, grasshopper-style legs. Really play up the insectile feel. Piece Out - I made a comment before on this about flensing the skin off the tips of your fingers. I like the form it has (especially in that pose, so you can't obviously tell that the pink is too long), but this could have really used black finger tips with some of these plates from Ben 10's Big Chill as finger nails. That or some Click'Its pieces. Spike - Really liked these feet, really ambivalent about the rest of the MOC. I assume it's called Spike because you went crazy and partspammed like a madman. But they detract from the teeth and the claws. I'd suggest removing the ones from the back (or at least replacing them all with black, what's with that odd spike out?), and then rotate the white tentacle tips forwards, putting something on the tips of them to act as eyes and having eye stalks on it. Make it properly alien. Combustible - I liked this a lot more when it was a starfish. That was really unique. This might have been somewhat unique if you hadn't done it as the starfish first - now its just derivative of your own work. I do like that the tubes along the legs there are subtle, because they certainly aren't on your last MOC here. F33 X-2 - This was a major improvement over the flag bearing thin-footed armless version you had before. I have to ask if the knees can unbend at all, though, because I can't quite tell. Really not a fan of the tubes wrapped around the arms - they look ridiculous, and don't even go to anything. I could maybe feel them a bit more if there were lasers coming out of his palms or something, but still... Guns are better than they were the first time, though I don't like the open, black axle in the centres of them. On the whole, though, a pretty solid MOC. But I'm still not keen on the crotch.

Thanks Elzy :) You really do give the best reviews. I'll take your pointers on all of the MOCs, although I disagree about the tubes on F33-X2. If you look closely, they go from the hands to the guns on its shoulders, as if it controls the guns from its hands. But ehh, personal taste I guess. Thanks once again! Also, don't think I've given up on the Gashunk shrimp, it's coming along slowly :)

First MOCs I comment on after the downtime, and these are all awesome. All of them are extremely smooth and organic looking, with the exception of F33-X2 and ICU (Which in any case I believe aren't meant to look organic). Those two still flow incredibly well. All but Thaleen General seem perfectly colour schemed as well. Red, Black, Yellow, Blue and Green for the eye seems like to many colours on one MOC. The Red and black are fine, and the blue works well as a contrasting weapon, but the yellow helmet and green eye stand out rather weirdly in my eyes. I love 'Piece Out'. I've tried several times to make a good MOC of hand at a large scale, and failed. You've pulled it off brilliantly. I think the hero factory joints make great finger bones, and I don't have any hero factory, which is where my attempts have gone wrong. The wrist is completely faultless, brilliant. Keep up the top work, I hope to see more.

Thanks Taipu! I semi-agree with you on Thaleen General - perhaps there are too many colours. But the head being yellow I feel was necessary, as it shows 'rank' if you like, earning him the title of general. Admittedly I should have made the eye blue to match his sword, and possibly taken the silver out of his sword. As for making more MOCs, I hope to see myself building more too. Although at the moment I just can't seem to MOC... perhaps it's just a block I'll get past soon. :)

I love all of them, Jel'eh is my favorite. For unhuman biology, nice use of Vakama mask. Combustible is awesome too

Thanks man. It's kinda cool how the Huna fit perfectly in between the shin-guards :P On another note, does anyone know how these Flickr photo showy things work? It only seems to be working on iCU's link. -FtC Edited by Felix the Cat

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Like I've told you before, you did improve a lot over the downtime. All the MOCs with the exception of Fee-X2 are pretty standard, just a bit more creative than the normal stuff we see. Fee-X2 s definantly my favorite MOC of yours, but I was intensely bothered of that bohrok faceplate once I looked hard on the side pic. It's just those gaps under it really bug me =/ Besides that and the back of it, it's really good. I'm proud of ya bro =)