What Do You Think Of The Staff Changing Their Names For Fun?

fishers64

Sometimes it's funny, depending on the type of joke they're making. The 'monsters' one they did wasn't as funny as some of the other name changes they've done in the past, to be honest. It's slightly hard to tell who's who most of the time, unless you check their blog or their profile, but if you're too lazy to do that, then it's difficult. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I find it hilarious, although it sometimes makes the staff harder to regnonize (not the fact that they're staff, but them members themselves).However, when other members try to play along, they can't change their names back, so they're left looking very foolish.

I used to find it amusing (though a tad inconvenient) because I didn't know who was who. I started a movement in the blogs to address all staff as "Fred" during pranks. I don't think it went over well with them.Then I realized how fun it is being on the other side when this happens. So I guess I've been okay with it either way, I just have different ways of dealing with it.fredthing.png

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Even if some members don't find it funny, I think it's actually an important event. Too often we get the idea that "the staff are cranky old men worried about their lawns" vibe from the members. The name changes just go to show that the staffdoes know how to have fun.Realistically though, last year's April 1st was the best, since the prank was pulled on the staff instead of the members. :P

«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Even if some members don't find it funny, I think it's actually an important event. Too often we get the idea that "the staff are cranky old men worried about their lawns" vibe from the members. The name changes just go to show that the staffdoes know how to have fun.Realistically though, last year's April 1st was the best, since the prank was pulled on the staff instead of the members. :P

I'd have to disagree with that, considering the attitude of the staff in their blogs. They seem plenty relaxed, so it's not like we think you can't fun or are not willing to, honestly. Still, it comes to the point and you just think that the whole fun-and-games bit with the staff is too happy, like something is darker beneath the surface, like everything's not too happy. Not that I'd want it that way, but almost like nobody really likes each other all that much and is just acting like they're a happy bunch. But hey, I'm probably wrong, and I'm just trying to put a downer on things, or it is really like that, lol.And, I do agree, last year's April Fools prank was funny. I had some laughs with that myself, I got a chance to use my Barbie avatar/banner combo. :P

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

I'd have to disagree with that, considering the attitude of the staff in their blogs. They seem plenty relaxed, so it's not like we think you can't fun or are not willing to, honestly. Still, it comes to the point and you just think that the whole fun-and-games bit with the staff is too happy, like something is darker beneath the surface, like everything's not too happy. Not that I'd want it that way, but almost like nobody really likes each other all that much and is just acting like they're a happy bunch. But hey, I'm probably wrong, and I'm just trying to put a downer on things, or it is really like that, lol.

While what you say certainly holds truth, I do still see quite a bit of "staff don't know fun", mostly from members who don't frequent the blogs. Since a lot of these shenanigans take place in the forums where they dwell more, it sort of caters as a reminder to that particular devision of the member base.Also, I won't even begin to pretend that all the staff always likes one another. Anyone who denies it is fooling themself thinking they could pull that one. But when it comes down to it, that still serves as a reminder. First, the members certainly don't get along all the time (that is painfully obvious), so we're no different in that regard. Secondly, it debunks the wild accusation that staff are picked out of popularity with the other staff. As a matter of fact, when I was called up, I wasn't close to any of them. The important thing is that we should be mature enough to set aside any differences we have for the sake of the members on this site. Sometimes we do, sometimes we make mistakes. We're no better humans than anyone else here (many would argue we're not even human, not sure where that comes from though :P).
«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I'd have to disagree with that, considering the attitude of the staff in their blogs. They seem plenty relaxed, so it's not like we think you can't fun or are not willing to, honestly. Still, it comes to the point and you just think that the whole fun-and-games bit with the staff is too happy, like something is darker beneath the surface, like everything's not too happy. Not that I'd want it that way, but almost like nobody really likes each other all that much and is just acting like they're a happy bunch. But hey, I'm probably wrong, and I'm just trying to put a downer on things, or it is really like that, lol.

While what you say certainly holds truth, I do still see quite a bit of "staff don't know fun", mostly from members who don't frequent the blogs. Since a lot of these shenanigans take place in the forums where they dwell more, it sort of caters as a reminder to that particular devision of the member base.Also, I won't even begin to pretend that all the staff always likes one another. Anyone who denies it is fooling themself thinking they could pull that one. But when it comes down to it, that still serves as a reminder. First, the members certainly don't get along all the time (that is painfully obvious), so we're no different in that regard. Secondly, it debunks the wild accusation that staff are picked out of popularity with the other staff. As a matter of fact, when I was called up, I wasn't close to any of them. The important thing is that we should be mature enough to set aside any differences we have for the sake of the members on this site. Sometimes we do, sometimes we make mistakes. We're no better humans than anyone else here (many would argue we're not even human, not sure where that comes from though :P).
I see where you're going. Certainly most members don't really view the blogs, and don't see the staff as that. But as you said, that aren't exactly like that, so yeah.Yeah, I'll be honest, it's nice to hear honesty from one of the staff about kind of what goes on behind the scenes. I feel that we, the members, don't get enough info on what actually goes on. Although it's off topic, it'd be nice to hear from the staff on what upgrade ideas they might want for the site, and they could post the ideas in topics to get the opinions from the members on it, just to see if it's a good idea or not. But yeah, I see where you're going. Still, I had a feeling something was like that. Sure, everybody acts like they're all buddy-buddy, but...it just didn't seem right. Not everybody could get along that well without arguing a few times. =/But, back on topic, one of the less-funny pranks was when Tufi took over BZP, or whatever it was. I cannot remember that exactly, but I don't remember it being all that funny. >.>

slipped away...

Although it's off topic, it'd be nice to hear from the staff on what upgrade ideas they might want for the site, and they could post the ideas in topics to get the opinions from the members on it, just to see if it's a good idea or not.

Well, there is this topic I made awhile back, although it hasn't been acknowledged by the staff. Mostly I think the major-league points the staff are working on are the word filter, the skin contest stuff, and the broken hot topics box and member spotlight.

I think it's like, totally lame, and the staff members who participate in it are super lame.And also all staff is lame and the members are lame and the whole site is just laaaaaame.

Er'thang's lame on BZ, yo. BZ's a lame place fo' lamers. Fo' rills.
You're lame. This whole dang system's lame.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I think it's like, totally lame, and the staff members who participate in it are super lame.And also all staff is lame and the members are lame and the whole site is just laaaaaame.

You're lamer than a horse with three broken legs sitting in an electric wheelchair missing the wheels on its right side and stuck in the muck of a Mississippi swamp while stuffing its face with Cheetos and talking about how Star Wars Episode I is its favourite movie. Which is ALMOST as lame...........as staff name changes. And BZPower. And everybody on the INTERNET. But the lamest thing of all is HYPERBOLE.
bring back "an cool dude"

You're lamer than a horse with three broken legs sitting in an electric wheelchair missing the wheels on its right side and stuck in the muck of a Mississippi swamp while stuffing its face with Cheetos and talking about how Star Wars Episode I is its favourite movie. Which is ALMOST as lame...........as staff name changes. And BZPower. And everybody on the INTERNET.But the lamest thing of all is HYPERBOLE.
I would love you both if you weren't so LAMEEEEEBut seriously. <3

Staff pranks can be funny and they can be not. Personally, I didn´t enjoy this one as much as the Barbie fad which has to be because I didn´t have as much time to dedicate to it, but I tried to make the best of it.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

:kaukau: I like it. Can't really explain why, but it's one of the many things that prevents them from being distant, humorless people who have no connection to the rest of the community. The inconvenience of name recognition doesn't bother me. I eventually piece them together anyway, whether by their avatars or other means, although not the banners, since I have signatures disabled in my settings so pages take less time to load. If I do pick up on their banners, it's probably due to me browsing as a guest.Huh, I can't remember my favorite name trend. There were superhero names, phobia names, and most recently monster names, although I know there was one that really blew me away at one point, though I can't remember what it was...Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I definitely agree with Takuma's point about the staff seeming like cranky old men. Before the name changes, whenever I tried to picture a member of the staff, it looked like this:179px-Cranky_Kong.jpgBut now I see that they are normal people like everyone else!

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I've always thought it was hilarious, and this time around I decided to join in by changing my name to a phobia like they had.That said, it threw me for a loop when the staff changed their names to monsters only a week after the phobia name change. I had known that as a normal member I would probably be stuck with my new name for a long time compared to the staff, but I had expected the staff to change their names back to normal instead of starting a completely new fad. It's one thing to have a name connected to a fad which has had its run, but it's another thing entirely when said fad has been completely replaced by another fad. Needless to say, I was happy when the staff names returned to normal.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

:kaukau: Actually, I have to agree with the point about the staff having two different name-change fads within a week of ewach other. That was a little confusing. I still didn't mind it much, although it lacked a little bit of taste.Now, that being said, I'd also like to point out that my school does stuff similar to these fads quite a lot throughout the year, not just on Homecoming week. There are two or three different charity weeks somewhere within the year for one cause or other, and these typically have dress-up days. Which I know isn't the same thing as a name-change, but it's pretty much analogous, and I think it affects my view on these things.Plus, the White House isn't above having a simple eggroll on Easter. So someplace as everyday as BZPower ought to have fun from time to time. Especially since you can assume that everyone here, including the staff, are bound together by the common bonds of being fans.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh