College/university Applications (Fall 2012, Fall 2013 Entries)

Bioran23

College applications is in full force right now! Is anyone here on BZP applying for undergraduate or graduate studies this year? How's everyone feeling? For those of you applying next year (for 2013 entries), how are you planning to prepare? - Bioran

TNW-Promo.png

whatsnew-tech.jpgwhatsnew-smsg.jpg

Undergraduate studies. BEng in either Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mathematics. I'm getting ready to send off my application now. D: I've spent the last three months going to open days, so I think I know the 5 that I'll apply for. Southampton, Bristol, Loughborough, Exeter and either Swansea or Plymouth. UK ftw. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I'm in the UK and I'm sending my application off in the next month or so. I'm planning to do Law & Sociology but haven't completely decided on university choices yet. So far I'm looking at Keele University and University of Kent, with the Anglia Ruskin University as my back up choice in case I fail my exams. I might also apply to Exeter for just Law on its own. I'm looking forward to starting Uni and moving out, but there's still a way to go until that and lots of work to put in. The next few months might be a bit painful and tiring.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I'm in the UK and I'm sending my application off in the next month or so. I'm planning to do Law & Sociology but haven't completely decided on university choices yet. So far I'm looking at Keele University and University of Kent, with the Anglia Ruskin University as my back up choice in case I fail my exams. I might also apply to Exeter for just Law on its own.I'm looking forward to starting Uni and moving out, but there's still a way to go until that and lots of work to put in. The next few months might be a bit painful and tiring.

Have you got your personal statement done yet? It's solid :/. I keep finding that I don't have enough personal qualities to fill it out xD. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I'm in the UK and I'm sending my application off in the next month or so. I'm planning to do Law & Sociology but haven't completely decided on university choices yet. So far I'm looking at Keele University and University of Kent, with the Anglia Ruskin University as my back up choice in case I fail my exams. I might also apply to Exeter for just Law on its own.I'm looking forward to starting Uni and moving out, but there's still a way to go until that and lots of work to put in. The next few months might be a bit painful and tiring.

Have you got your personal statement done yet? It's solid :/. I keep finding that I don't have enough personal qualities to fill it out xD. ~Argentum~
I'm still working on it and it's a bit of a struggle. Same problem here, I hate writing about myself and it's not easy to write good stuff about myself. I'm also attempting to find more stuff related to Law to put in mine. I got the Sociology bit covered but I haven't done many Law things :/ I think I've actually spent more time helping my friend's with their personal statements than I did on mine. That can't be good...Also, I completely forgot about Southampton, I meant to take a better look at it. Thanks for reminding me :D

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I'm still working on it and it's a bit of a struggle. Same problem here, I hate writing about myself and it's not easy to write good stuff about myself. I'm also attempting to find more stuff related to Law to put in mine. I got the Sociology bit covered but I haven't done many Law things :/ I think I've actually spent more time helping my friend's with their personal statements than I did on mine. That can't be good...Also, I completely forgot about Southampton, I meant to take a better look at it. Thanks for reminding me :D
No problem :D Have you had any work experience in Law at all? Because that's a good thing to write about. And some volunteering work. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I'm still working on it and it's a bit of a struggle. Same problem here, I hate writing about myself and it's not easy to write good stuff about myself. I'm also attempting to find more stuff related to Law to put in mine. I got the Sociology bit covered but I haven't done many Law things :/ I think I've actually spent more time helping my friend's with their personal statements than I did on mine. That can't be good...Also, I completely forgot about Southampton, I meant to take a better look at it. Thanks for reminding me :biggrin:
No problem :biggrin: Have you had any work experience in Law at all? Because that's a good thing to write about. And some volunteering work. ~Argentum~
Nope, no work experience in it. Couldn't find a good placement last year :/ I'll figure something out eventually, but it may take a while... Someone in my year actually filled their statement with lies and said that they worked at some law firm among other things, which they didn't. I can't wait to see how that turns out for them.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I'm two years behind Than in a CS degree, so I'm all entrenched in college. However, I am looking for internships in my field for next summer at some fairly large companies (at least one of which I think I have a good shot at.) It's eerily similar to college applications, except with essays swapped for interviews.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm still working on it and it's a bit of a struggle. Same problem here, I hate writing about myself and it's not easy to write good stuff about myself. I'm also attempting to find more stuff related to Law to put in mine. I got the Sociology bit covered but I haven't done many Law things :/ I think I've actually spent more time helping my friend's with their personal statements than I did on mine. That can't be good...Also, I completely forgot about Southampton, I meant to take a better look at it. Thanks for reminding me :biggrin:
No problem :biggrin: Have you had any work experience in Law at all? Because that's a good thing to write about. And some volunteering work. ~Argentum~
Nope, no work experience in it. Couldn't find a good placement last year :/ I'll figure something out eventually, but it may take a while...Someone in my year actually filled their statement with lies and said that they worked at some law firm among other things, which they didn't. I can't wait to see how that turns out for them.
They're gonna get called up on it and proven it wasn't real :/ that can't be good. But would be hillarious. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

Good luck to you two, Argentum and Malchior. Also applying to the UK here - my application got sent to UCAS sometime last week. Got an email soon after from one of my choices (Durham) saying they'll be giving me a decision soon. o_o Applying for biomedical science, BTW. Still got dreaded BMATs to prepare for.

TNW-Promo.png

Honestly, the PS has to be the most difficult part (though that final button-pressing is very nerve-wracking also. :P). I went through around 10 drafts and pestered my counselor every twice a week or so, and now I gotta repeat that for my US apps. :D

TNW-Promo.png

Good luck yourself Bioran :o. I hope you get in. Personal statement on second draft right now, but I'm on 4500 characters, and I still have more to go :S ~Argentum~

Just wondering but how many words? I misread that as "4500 words" and almost died inside a little. I remember my essays consistently having to be 500 words and sometimes up to 1000-1500.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Good luck yourself Bioran :o. I hope you get in. Personal statement on second draft right now, but I'm on 4500 characters, and I still have more to go :S ~Argentum~

Just wondering but how many words? I misread that as "4500 words" and almost died inside a little. I remember my essays consistently having to be 500 words and sometimes up to 1000-1500.
It's about 800-900 words for me, but I've used quite a few big words within there xD. @Bioran ~ I'm handing in my second draft tomorrow. I got my first draft back yesterday and the Head of Sixth Form had just scribbled lines all over it, telling me to basically reverse the order I put it it, and add why I actually want to do the course. D: I hate writing about myself. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I'm planning on taking the Accuplacer test to get into a local community college -- after I turn sixteen, so my parents and I won't have to go through any more proceedure than necessary. First I'll be taking courses to earn dual credit towards both a high school diploma and a college degree; once I earn my diploma, I plan to major in Computer Science as a start to learning how to program video games.

I would be applying to uni next year...if I hadn't decided to retake Year 12 again and improve my AS marks overall though I had a good idea what I wanted to do, (BA Creative Writing) I even had the pesonal statement done ove the summer in advance and had my uni choices too. Retaking the year is gonna be a bit of a pain but it'll benefit me in the long run and it gives me a bit more time to consider my options.:Yami:

Edited by :Yami:
The Desk Of YamiXBLGamertag:Darkbolt40

i dunno about next year, but the year after that I'm planning to go to the Art Institute of Seattle so I can then after hitch a job at Bungie as a concept or enviormental artist =)Good luck to everyone; hope they get to do what they want to with their lives :P --Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)