Now that pictures of the characters have been officially released, what do you all think?Aragorn looks epic (as always)I like Gollum (how could I not?)Gandalf looks coolBlack riders sorta look like Dementorsand all the Orcs look, well, violent (which they should)If you are wondering where to find the pictures, go here.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well, I'm surprised we don't have a Lego LotR thread going.I really don't like Smeagol's minifig. Something about him just looks ugly and messed. But the rest are amazing, I want Lego Viggo Mortensen!

I think it's the eyes. I like the Gollum fig as a whole, but the oval eyes with whites seem less "LEGO-y" than simple black bead eyes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, those lines under Frodo's eyes make him look rather disturbing. He probably would have looked much better without those. Otherwise, agreed that Gollum's eyes don't really match the aesthetic of the others.~B~

I think Frodo's wrinkles look good. Note that they're much less prominent in the "Gandalf Arrives" set than in the "Shelob Attacks" set. They help to give Frodo that weary look he gets as his quest drags on and the ring saps his will.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not gonna lie, those lines under Frodo's eyes make him look rather disturbing. He probably would have looked much better without those. Otherwise, agreed that Gollum's eyes don't really match the aesthetic of the others.~B~

I think Frodo's wrinkles look good. Note that they're much less prominent in the "Gandalf Arrives" set than in the "Shelob Attacks" set. They help to give Frodo that weary look he gets as his quest drags on and the ring saps his will.
Oh, I hadn't noticed that they progressed throughout the line. In that case, it does seem more justified then.~B~