Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

That ragdoll test is pretty awesome. It's a little bit too... bouncy though. The entire body will shoot away after a single-pixel collision, often looking like it hasn't collided with anything at all. It also makes it impossible for the body to wrap around corners.

I really like where it's headed; just wanted to let you know my first impressions.

IrMSNn3.png

That ragdoll test is pretty awesome. It's a little bit too... bouncy though. The entire body will shoot away after a single-pixel collision, often looking like it hasn't collided with anything at all. It also makes it impossible for the body to wrap around corners.

Yeah, it's my first time actually programming a ragdoll, so I'm still working out some kinks. I made a mistake when I loaded the sprites, and set the arm sprite's origin point at the elbow. This works for easy rotation but causes it to fall weirdly, as it drops the elbow towards the floor rather than the hand. I'll do some math and fix it up.The strange bounciness is also due to me using a circle mask for the body while reducing its speed only by half upon impact. I could maybe make the body less rigid, but I fear that might sometimes get the thing stuck in the walls or potentially pass through them, unless it reverses momentum immediately. Stopping to "splat" would be nice, but maybe a bit too much for such a simple ragdoll as this.

Okay, so I decided to sit down and work out a tier list for the game. I played each Toa element/Rahkshi power which has at least one of their two primary attacks working to either 50 kills or 50 deaths (whichever came first) on Mangaia. Rahkshi had 10 in each of their 2 primary stats for their power and 5 in each of the others (and no items). Toa had 9 Element, 9 Mind, 5 everything else, and a Kanohi Hau (no weapons/armor). The results are as follows (the number in parentheses is kill/death ratio, rounded to nearest 1/2):

God Tier (50 kills, 0 deaths):

Rahkshi of Hunger (infinite)

Rahkshi of Chameleon (infinite)

Super Tier (50 kills, 1-14 deaths):

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Rahkshi of Chain Lightning (8)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Fragmentation (4.5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Good Tier (50 kills, 15+ deaths):

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Disintegration (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

Rahkshi of Quick Healing (1)

Bad Tier (50 deaths, 25+ kills):

Rahkshi of Laser Vision (1)

Joke Tier (50 deaths, <25 kills):

Rahkshi of Teleportation (0.5)

It looks like Teleportation, Laser Vision, Quick Healing, and Fear could use some buffing (or maybe I just don't know how to play these powers well), while Iron and Water seem somewhat overpowered. The difference between tiers does seem quite noticeable, but eliminating those few outliers will probably help. Rahkshi of Hunger and Chameleon are also way out there, but Chameleon only because AI doesn't know how to deal with invisible opponents. It also may just be that the AI is horribly incompetent against Hunger as well, but the fact that I was able to get 100 kills without a single death shows that Hunger might end up overpowered in multiplayer as well.

• Upvote 1

[No signature until I think of something witty]

In the meantime, why not visit my blog?

Okay, so I decided to sit down and work out a tier list for the game. I played each Toa element/Rahkshi power which has at least one of their two primary attacks working to either 50 kills or 50 deaths (whichever came first) on Mangaia. Rahkshi had 10 in each of their 2 primary stats for their power and 5 in each of the others (and no items). Toa had 9 Element, 9 Mind, 5 everything else, and a Kanohi Hau (no weapons/armor). The results are as follows (the number in parentheses is kill/death ratio, rounded to nearest 1/2):

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

It looks like Teleportation, Laser Vision, Quick Healing, and Fear could use some buffing (or maybe I just don't know how to play these powers well), while Iron and Water seem somewhat overpowered. The difference between tiers does seem quite noticeable, but eliminating those few outliers will probably help. Rahkshi of Hunger and Chameleon are also way out there, but Chameleon only because AI doesn't know how to deal with invisible opponents. It also may just be that the AI is horribly incompetent against Hunger as well, but the fact that I was able to get 100 kills without a single death shows that Hunger might end up overpowered in multiplayer as well.

I think there are some balancing issues, but some of those would work really well when fighting on a team. plus the perimeters you set doesn't put very much wiggle room. It's better to adjust the stats on a case by case basis. though that would skew results. what I'm trying to say is that not every element is made for brute force attacks. Teleportation is not a good one to use to get a lot of kills, but would be invaluable for transporting things and sneak attacks. while fire is really good for attacking. but I'm not sure how to account for that really...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Well, that's a rather telling result, though I can't say I'm surprised by the top rated powers. Chameleon is extremely useful because no AI ever notices you, so I'm not worried about that one. Hunger is on the fence, since the bots don't have any self-preservation instinct. If they tried to dodge and throw projectiles instead of rushing into melee range all the time, the numbers might be different.The next powers in line are the ones that are pretty well-balanced as a power, and the ones that dish out a lot of damage very quickly. I think I would put Ice higher on my list, if I were to play real cheap with it. Some powers are more limited on a flat map like Mangaia. Freezing someone in Karda Nui can send them sliding off a cliff for an instant kill, same goes on Ta-Koro with the lava. Ditto for any power with explosive effects, such as Fire.Teleportation falls short because melee is so limited at the moment. You also don't have the precision of an AI teleporting, while your enemy still has instant reaction time. Teleporting around someone is therefore not very effective at all. Meanwhile, Laser Vision suffers from recharge time on its primary power, pushing it down the list at the moment.Thanks for taking the time to do statistics, it's helpful for balancing powers. It'd be interesting to see if anyone get different results on different maps, and how powers work against other powers. When I eventually add the option to fight specific enemies in a match we might see some other results too. For example, I think a Toa with a Kakama would shut down a Hunger Rahkshi very quickly.

...For example, I think a Toa with a Kakama would shut down a Hunger Rahkshi very quickly.

I have not seen a kakama-wearing toa come close to being a threat. However, a rahkshi of chameleon with 10 Mind would end a vorahk as long as it has a weapon without any visual effects and it doesn't fly. Also, the grapple feature you are planning for them would easily stop a vorahk. other than that, vorahk lives up to the 118-kill streak I had mentioned before.

Edited by Malignus

bBhcfWO.png

Toa of Iron (12.5)

Toa of Water (10)

Toa of Plasma (7)

Toa of Air (5)

Toa of Stone (5)

Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)

Toa of Lightning (4)

Rahkshi of Plasma (4)

Toa of Light (4)

Toa of Shadow (3)

Toa of Earth (3)

Toa of Gravity (2.5)

Toa of Ice (2)

Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)

Toa of Fire (2)

Toa of Magnetism (1.5)

Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)

Toa of Sonics (1.5)

Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)

I'm not too surprised but, I just would like to say one thing....where's Psionics?

I have not seen a kakama-wearing toa come close to being a threat.

I was thinking if you have a player as the Toa of Fire. They would know to keep their distance, and also to abuse the fireball's knockdown to keep the Rahkshi from getting close.

I'm not too surprised but, I just would like to say one thing....where's Psionics?

He only used the elements that have powers programmed for them. Psionics only have passive effects at the moment.

think there are some balancing issues, but some of those would work really well when fighting on a team. plus the perimeters you set doesn't put very much wiggle room. It's better to adjust the stats on a case by case basis. though that would skew results. what I'm trying to say is that not every element is made for brute force attacks. Teleportation is not a good one to use to get a lot of kills, but would be invaluable for transporting things and sneak attacks. while fire is really good for attacking. but I'm not sure how to account for that really...

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of variability once new game modes are implemented. I'll just have to reexamine the powers once teams are a thing.

Well, that's a rather telling result, though I can't say I'm surprised by the top rated powers. Chameleon is extremely useful because no AI ever notices you, so I'm not worried about that one. Hunger is on the fence, since the bots don't have any self-preservation instinct. If they tried to dodge and throw projectiles instead of rushing into melee range all the time, the numbers might be different.The next powers in line are the ones that are pretty well-balanced as a power, and the ones that dish out a lot of damage very quickly. I think I would put Ice higher on my list, if I were to play real cheap with it. Some powers are more limited on a flat map like Mangaia. Freezing someone in Karda Nui can send them sliding off a cliff for an instant kill, same goes on Ta-Koro with the lava. Ditto for any power with explosive effects, such as Fire.Teleportation falls short because melee is so limited at the moment. You also don't have the precision of an AI teleporting, while your enemy still has instant reaction time. Teleporting around someone is therefore not very effective at all. Meanwhile, Laser Vision suffers from recharge time on its primary power, pushing it down the list at the moment.Thanks for taking the time to do statistics, it's helpful for balancing powers. It'd be interesting to see if anyone get different results on different maps, and how powers work against other powers. When I eventually add the option to fight specific enemies in a match we might see some other results too. For example, I think a Toa with a Kakama would shut down a Hunger Rahkshi very quickly.

It would probably be difficult to make AI which could properly deal with Hunger, but it's still hard to tell how Hunger would fare against an actual person. A Toa with a Kakama is probably going to be good against all short-range powers, unless the map is small and the close-range player can corner him.

...For example, I think a Toa with a Kakama would shut down a Hunger Rahkshi very quickly.

I have not seen a kakama-wearing toa come close to being a threat. However, a rahkshi of chameleon with 10 Mind would end a vorahk as long as it has a weapon without any visual effects and it doesn't fly. Also, the grapple feature you are planning for them would easily stop a vorahk. other than that, vorahk lives up to the 118-kill streak I had mentioned before.

Except a Rahkshi of Hunger can just tap 'w' every second or two and see if anyone's energy is drained (purple dots come and heal him). If so, there must be an invisible foe within range.

I was thinking if you have a player as the Toa of Fire. They would know to keep their distance, and also to abuse the fireball's knockdown to keep the Rahkshi from getting close.

>I'm not too surprised but, I just would like to say one thing....where's Psionics?

He only used the elements that have powers programmed for them. Psionics only have passive effects at the moment.

I haven't played to 50 kills/50 deaths with psionics, but judging from the little bit I've played as one, Toa of Psionics are really bad at the moment (probably due to the lack of primary and secondary attacks).

I would also say that a Rahkshi of Hunger would be hugely powerful on teams: if five people on each team are fighting each other, the Hunger Rahkshi can drain health from the entire enemy team at once while healing enough that no one could kill him (unless they're ALL Toa of Fire with Kakamas). Hunger is one of those powers that does better the more enemies there are. Chain lightning is another one of these, for obvious reasons. In fact, a lot of the higher-ranked powers are ones that have at least one attack that hits all enemies in its path (ex. Plasma's plasma stream, Stone's spikes, Water's tidal wave), while many of the weaker ones have attacks that can only hit one enemy at a time (ex. Laser Vision, Fear, Magnetism), making them less useful against multiple enemies.

Today I've been implementing the new Chain Lightning into the game proper, along with the burst shot. It works pretty much like a fireball without the knockback at the moment.I'll try to refine my ragdolls later, and then add them into the game as well.

Earlier, I actually found out that a toa of stone's secondary attack is actually a massive threat to a vorahk when used repeatedly. It deals moderately hefty damage, pins the vorahk, and can be reused faster than the vorahk can react when at close range. also, I suspect that an enemy with high strength and a quake breaker could threaten a vorahk, though I haven't encountered one to confirm. Basically, the only real threat I know of are toa of stone with high offensive focus.

bBhcfWO.png

Okay, so I decided to sit down and work out a tier list for the game. I played each Toa element/Rahkshi power which has at least one of their two primary attacks working to either 50 kills or 50 deaths (whichever came first) on Mangaia. Rahkshi had 10 in each of their 2 primary stats for their power and 5 in each of the others (and no items). Toa had 9 Element, 9 Mind, 5 everything else, and a Kanohi Hau (no weapons/armor). The results are as follows (the number in parentheses is kill/death ratio, rounded to nearest 1/2):God Tier (50 kills, 0 deaths):Rahkshi of Hunger (infinite)Rahkshi of Chameleon (infinite)Super Tier (50 kills, 1-14 deaths):Toa of Iron (12.5)Toa of Water (10)Rahkshi of Chain Lightning (8)Toa of Plasma (7)Toa of Air (5)Toa of Stone (5)Rahkshi of Fragmentation (4.5)Rahkshi of Gravity (4.5)Toa of Lightning (4)Rahkshi of Plasma (4)Toa of Light (4)Good Tier (50 kills, 15+ deaths):Toa of Shadow (3)Toa of Earth (3)Toa of Gravity (2.5)Toa of Ice (2)Rahkshi of Magnetism (2)Toa of Fire (2)Toa of Magnetism (1.5)Rahkshi of Disintegration (1.5)Rahkshi of Poison (1.5)Toa of Sonics (1.5)Rahkshi of Fear (1.5)Rahkshi of Quick Healing (1)Bad Tier (50 deaths, 25+ kills):Rahkshi of Laser Vision (1)Joke Tier (50 deaths, <25 kills):Rahkshi of Teleportation (0.5) It looks like Teleportation, Laser Vision, Quick Healing, and Fear could use some buffing (or maybe I just don't know how to play these powers well), while Iron and Water seem somewhat overpowered. The difference between tiers does seem quite noticeable, but eliminating those few outliers will probably help. Rahkshi of Hunger and Chameleon are also way out there, but Chameleon only because AI doesn't know how to deal with invisible opponents. It also may just be that the AI is horribly incompetent against Hunger as well, but the fact that I was able to get 100 kills without a single death shows that Hunger might end up overpowered in multiplayer as well.

This... isn't really that telling. You've essentially told us which powers best fit your playstyle, which (based on your lower-tier powers) seems to be extremely aggressive. Even without effective melee, for example, I can actually rack up decent kills as a Rahkshi of Teleportation so long as I have a decent weapon and don't rush in blindly.Not to mention that some powers fit best with certain Kanohi or maps, and some are easily countered with the right powerset. For example, Fire and Plasma are a bit more effective on Ta-Koro, and the Pakari's strength boost stacks nicely with Earth's Earth Power passive. Anyone with a Kakama or a good knockdown attack who knows what they're doing (so not AI characters - I'll get to this later) can shut down a Vorahk with relative ease. The Rode instantly counters the Rahkshi of Chameleon hands-down, as does the Hau (the instant you take damage from an unseen assailant, just activate the shield and turn back and forth until you can jump out of it). Not only that, some powers (especially certain Rahkshi powers, such as Teleportation) benefit from a more diverse investment of points - from the looks of things, you had subpar stats everywhere except for your explicit specialties.On a related note, human players in general are much smarter than the AI. If I take damage with no apparent cause, I'm not going to stand around waiting for the Chameleon or Huna-user to reveal themselves - I'm going to move. Not to mention that the AI isn't programmed to detect semi-transparency or sounds, both of which human players could easily notice and capitalize on.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

This... isn't really that telling. You've essentially told us which powers best fit your playstyle, which (based on your lower-tier powers) seems to be extremely aggressive. Even without effective melee, for example, I can actually rack up decent kills as a Rahkshi of Teleportation so long as I have a decent weapon and don't rush in blindly.

Not to mention that some powers fit best with certain Kanohi or maps, and some are easily countered with the right powerset. For example, Fire and Plasma are a bit more effective on Ta-Koro, and the Pakari's strength boost stacks nicely with Earth's Earth Power passive. Anyone with a Kakama or a good knockdown attack who knows what they're doing (so not AI characters - I'll get to this later) can shut down a Vorahk with relative ease. The Rode instantly counters the Rahkshi of Chameleon hands-down, as does the Hau (the instant you take damage from an unseen assailant, just activate the shield and turn back and forth until you can jump out of it). Not only that, some powers (especially certain Rahkshi powers, such as Teleportation) benefit from a more diverse investment of points - from the looks of things, you had subpar stats everywhere except for your explicit specialties.On a related note, human players in general are much smarter than the AI. If I take damage with no apparent cause, I'm not going to stand around waiting for the Chameleon or Huna-user to reveal themselves - I'm going to move. Not to mention that the AI isn't programmed to detect semi-transparency or sounds, both of which human players could easily notice and capitalize on.

I'm sure playstyle influences it to some degree, but some powers are certainly more powerful than others. For instance, it's difficult to imagine a Rahkshi of Laser Vision beating a Rahkshi of Gravity, given Gravity's higher damage and ability to control where his opponent can move. I welcome data from other players, and also suggestions on different stats and items to have in order to improve a power's score.

I have played around with stats somewhat. For Rahkshi, at least, deviating from the 10/10/5/5/5 build seemed to drastically lower performance; for example,a more balanced Rahkshi of Gravity scored a kill/death ratio of barely over 1 while the 10/10/5/5/5 version got a 4.5 as shown. I will be experimenting more, though, especially with Toa, which I usually don't play as much.

Also, this is not my attempt to predict what will happen in multiplayer (although I do believe many of the top-tier powers will stay top-tier); there is no way a Rahkshi of Chameleon would actually be god tier against a human player. This is a measurement of power as the game stands right now, when all play is against AI. I don't want to guess at what multiplayer will be like until it is significantly closer to completion than it currently is.

>I'm not too surprised but, I just would like to say one thing....where's Psionics?

So, I'm guessin' you're going to make their ability something like a severe mental blast that would give an opening to attack an enemy.

So, I'm guessin' you're going to make their ability something like a severe mental blast that would give an opening to attack an enemy.

Well, his blog mentions having a Stun state, so maybe that isn't to far off.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

I'm sure playstyle influences it to some degree, but some powers are certainly more powerful than others. For instance, it's difficult to imagine a Rahkshi of Laser Vision beating a Rahkshi of Gravity, given Gravity's higher damage and ability to control where his opponent can move. I welcome data from other players, and also suggestions on different stats and items to have in order to improve a power's score. I have played around with stats somewhat. For Rahkshi, at least, deviating from the 10/10/5/5/5 build seemed to drastically lower performance; for example,a more balanced Rahkshi of Gravity scored a kill/death ratio of barely over 1 while the 10/10/5/5/5 version got a 4.5 as shown. I will be experimenting more, though, especially with Toa, which I usually don't play as much. Also, this is not my attempt to predict what will happen in multiplayer (although I do believe many of the top-tier powers will stay top-tier); there is no way a Rahkshi of Chameleon would actually be god tier against a human player. This is a measurement of power as the game stands right now, when all play is against AI. I don't want to guess at what multiplayer will be like until it is significantly closer to completion than it currently is.

But I think tiers are slightly inaccurate in general. For example, In Smash Bros., a tier list has been compiled, but it's more the play style you want, as are most games of this type. you have to adjust to the situation. adapt and overcome. Play what you know. Unless I'm messing with the stat system, I usually play fragmentation, air, (Chain and elemental power of)lightning or water. as I have found those useful, but I see untapped potential in teleportation and poison that may show in multiplayer.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

A Psionic mental blast will probably be one of a few things that can pass straight through a block and stagger the defender. Others will have to rely on dealing enough damage in a short amount of time to break it, or simply avoid it by striking where the block can't protect or before it's active.

A Psionic mental blast will probably be one of a few things that can pass straight through a block and stagger the defender. Others will have to rely on dealing enough damage in a short amount of time to break it, or simply avoid it by striking where the block can't protect or before it's active.

Yeah, I'd prefer a psionic attack that deals damage.

Hey, I downloaded this game a while ago but my WinZip expired. I, being a computer n00b, simply thought I had no way to play the game :[

But I got 7zip and got to play it.

And obviously I want there to be a multiplayer, but you have worked so hard on this game that I think you deserve a break :P But, ya know, multiplayer would be nice...

Anyways, great job!

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Well might I add that some powers seem under-powered and some seem over-powered? plasma seems kinda weak and electricity and shadow and fragmentation and disintegration seem really powerful

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Well might I add that some powers seem under-powered and some seem over-powered? plasma seems kinda weak and electricity and shadow and fragmentation and disintegration seem really powerful

Plasma can actually be surprisingly effective, since it hits multiple targets and does a lot of damage up close. Toa of Plasma can tap the secondary button to shield themselves from a lot things as well. Still, I think the graphics can be blamed for some of the trouble here, because the primary and the secondary flow into each other, there is no hit indication, and the stream doesn't have much effective range.I agree on the Rahkshi. Some of them have really powerful attacks. I'm waiting a bit with changing them, though, because more methods to block and dodge attacks are going to be in at some point, as well as slight "move lag" in the sense of a 3 or 4-frame power use animation.

Plasma can actually be surprisingly effective, since it hits multiple targets and does a lot of damage up close. Toa of Plasma can tap the secondary button to shield themselves from a lot things as well. Still, I think the graphics can be blamed for some of the trouble here, because the primary and the secondary flow into each other, there is no hit indication, and the stream doesn't have much effective range.I agree on the Rahkshi. Some of them have really powerful attacks. I'm waiting a bit with changing them, though, because more methods to block and dodge attacks are going to be in at some point, as well as slight "move lag" in the sense of a 3 or 4-frame power use animation.

So, you're going to add a block function? That sounds awesome.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

OMGSH! You even added a spinny of Nuparu's Protosteel Shield!

Yeah, I needed rotational angles for the blocking animations, so I ended up making it myself based on the existing frontal view. I dread going to work on rotations of Tahu Mistika's shield and the Rhotuka shield. :P

Well, I'm getting pretty quick progress on Vortixx sprites here, actually.vortixx_heads.pngrocky_vortixx_jog.gifThe walk cycle is only half done, as I've only made the legs yet.I'll see about splitting up some Piraka sprites as well, separating spines from the body and so on. I might push on to add basic Vortixx and Skakdi as playable characters, even if they won't have any special powers at first.

There's your answer.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

OMGSH! You even added a spinny of Nuparu's Protosteel Shield!

Yeah, I needed rotational angles for the blocking animations, so I ended up making it myself based on the existing frontal view. I dread going to work on rotations of Tahu Mistika's shield and the Rhotuka shield. :P

I can see why....so, are you going have the characters use Bohrok shields to? I think that would allow more lighter shields to be in the game.

Possibly, they could make for some nice and varied bucklers. They are too small to be full-size block-it-all shields, I guess. Their inclusion will depend on if I even have rotation angles for them. Can't remember at the moment.

Possibly, they could make for some nice and varied bucklers. They are too small to be full-size block-it-all shields, I guess. Their inclusion will depend on if I even have rotation angles for them. Can't remember at the moment.

Well, you are using hands for blocking....

From the Rayg Compilation you posted I didn't see any Bohrok Shield spinnies.

I have an idea for the absorb ability for a Toa of Psionics. It would briefly decrease the stats of nearby characters, but it wouldn't work if there's nobody nearby.

Also, what if Exo-Toa could be used after you defeated them? If you don't want it, you can hit it a few extra times to destroy it.

20795.jpg

I have an idea for the absorb ability for a Toa of Psionics. It would briefly decrease the stats of nearby characters, but it wouldn't work if there's nobody nearby.

Also, what if Exo-Toa could be used after you defeated them? If you don't want it, you can hit it a few extra times to destroy it.

Originally that was the plan, but Kakuto couldn't figure out a way to do it, unfortunately.

I haven't played the game recently, but I have kept up with the development of it for a long time. Looking forward to the engine rewrite, sounds pretty amazing to me! =D

The absorb button currently dismisses floating weapons created by Emanate, though the original plan was for it to suspend players in mid-air. I've got some plans for the new engine, for all elements, that would allow some variations on attacks and also open up for more possibilities.I don't think I'll make Psionics decrease stats, but I might make a telekinetic field force people to move a bit slower or being lifted off the ground or something.

Originally that was the plan, but Kakuto couldn't figure out a way to do it, unfortunately.

Currently I have figured out how to avoid the errors I got in the past (as can be seen if you try to use the Mahiki, since I used it as a feature testing platform and never disabled the WIP code before release ;)), but I haven't bothered to program a full-fledged controllable Exo-Toa yet. I've put it on my list for the new engine.

I haven't played the game recently, but I have kept up with the development of it for a long time. Looking forward to the engine rewrite, sounds pretty amazing to me! =D

Here's hoping I can make it work, but since I got all the "concept code" in my head it's mostly a matter of programming it properly from start to finish. For that matter you won't see much of the new engine except test files, until I've made it come together. So you'll get a mask test here and a movement test there, but not a full-fledged game out of it.I'll keep updating the current engine with new stuff in the meantime.