Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

I should go on hiatus more often; seems you've improved the game quite vastly.  I haven't checked it out yet, but I'm happy to see you've gotten around to combining Kini-Nui and Mangaia.

I just realized how long I haven't bothered to look at this last update- November 29th 2014.  XD

Speaking of the Calix boosting points and Matoran weapons… Dalu's weapons! How bout when the weapon strikes you you suddenly can jump higher or am forced to run faster (dangerous around cliffs and lava. Or, make an AI enemy stronger (aka make an Exo Toa or a Rahi suddenly a lot stronger for a short time and can kill off the other players for you. Thoughts, criticisms? :)

As far as the others go, Piruks claws could be like Onuas but maybe stronger and less quick? Or have the armor ripping effect that Zaktans weapon or the Toa of iron has?

Kazi's weapons would be a since since we already have sonic in the game, we just let it be Matoran accessible! :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I don't remember if I mentioned this before but The calix technically makes you perform at your physical peak. So why not make it boost your points for a short time?

You did, last year.

Boosting points could arguably be seen as pushing you past your normal limits, though, so I dunno what to make of it. Minor stat boosts plus a lite edition of the soon-to-be Dodge ability is what I had planned for it. It would be a mask that gives you lots of little pluses, but that would be unable to beat any other mask's specialized effect.

I just had a fun Idea. Once you finish the new engine, what if you made some fun little minigames?

I suspect that by the end of this project I'll be ready for making games about something other than BIONICLE. x)

Speaking of the Calix boosting points and Matoran weapons… Dalu's weapons! How bout when the weapon strikes you you suddenly can jump higher or am forced to run faster (dangerous around cliffs and lava. Or, make an AI enemy stronger (aka make an Exo Toa or a Rahi suddenly a lot stronger for a short time and can kill off the other players for you. Thoughts, criticisms? :)

As far as the others go, Piruks claws could be like Onuas but maybe stronger and less quick? Or have the armor ripping effect that Zaktans weapon or the Toa of iron has?

Kazi's weapons would be a since since we already have sonic in the game, we just let it be Matoran accessible! :D

I dunno if Dalu's weapons will work, but adding armor shredding and a sonic projectile to the others should work out fine. Edited by Katuko

Maybe Dalu's effect could be made so allies in a team match (assuming they will exist) could get a random buff for a short duration

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

• 1 month later...

So I'm gonna be the one to break the 2-month silence.  I recently saw Despicaple Me with my little sisters, and Gru's fart gun inspired me to make this.  it's a Sonic pulse gun!

Gee, it's been two months already. I'm sorry that I haven't done much on this game lately. Real life writes the plot, as they say.

That's sprite is not bad. It looks kinda like a Skadki weapon, and I can probably use it as such. :)

If and when you continue work on the game: ADD A FART GUN.

...you know you want to...

No. x)

Only add a fart gun when Matoran become playable. Just imagine the amazing jokes you could do with a Kapura character...

Warp-speed Matoran are more feasible as a power than farts. ;)

EDIT:

Updated November 29th, 2014

Oh my.

Edited by Katuko

You could add a few kanohi that aren't really well known like the kanohi of adaption, which could add 1 point to each stat for a limited amount of time or the mask of emulation, which copies a random elemental power to use. Additionally, why not sprite your own and give them a power and name? For example, you could make up a kanohi with bug eyes, antennae, mandibles and call it the kanohi Etemo, the mask of insect control. Those insects could deal damage, leech health or even be used as a shield. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The banners and other images aren't displaying. Is there a problem?

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

You could add a few kanohi that aren't really well known like the kanohi of adaption, which could add 1 point to each stat for a limited amount of time or the mask of emulation, which copies a random elemental power to use. Additionally, why not sprite your own and give them a power and name? For example, you could make up a kanohi with bug eyes, antennae, mandibles and call it the kanohi Etemo, the mask of insect control. Those insects could deal damage, leech health or even be used as a shield. 

At this point the list of features I haven't programmed yet is so long that I'm very wary of adding anything more to it, especially things that don't appear in canon. Every sprite takes a time to draw, and the amount of code I will have to write for elements, mask powers, weapons, and other abilities is going to keep me busy for a long, long time. I'm trying to invent half of those abilities based on my interpretation of how canon mixes with this game's mechanics, so I don't really need to make new Kanohi as well when I'm having trouble adapting some canon ones already. ;)

The Mask of Emulation lacks a sprite, and is therefore hard to add when the only reference image is a single side-view panel of a background character in one of the comics. It still takes priority over entirely fan-made concepts, however.

The banners and other images aren't displaying. Is there a problem?

I turned off signatures at some point (which hides my own banner too), but I turned them on again recently and did notice then that it was gone. Majhost is still down, apparently, and I have barely been on this site lately to see the front page of my own topic. It looks like I will have to move the images to a new host.

Edited by Katuko

Alright, I made another weapon!  I used the blade from the Staff of Light to make this crab claw.

on another note, has anyone made Rayg versions of the 2015 masks?

I can imagine that being Carapar's default weapon.

I don't think Rayg versions of the 2015 masks exist and wouldn't they look incredibly garbled since Rayg Kanohi are tiny? 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Alright, I made another weapon!  I used the blade from the Staff of Light to make this crab claw.

I can imagine that being Carapar's default weapon.

I suppose it could be used for that, although I'm pretty sure a sprite for Carapar's claw already exists.

Also, here's a replica of a sword from one of the 2006 playsets!

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

Also, here's a replica of a sword from one of the 2006 playsets!

That claw ain't bad. I can use that I think. :) A small suggestion, though: When it opens fully on the third frame, it looks like it has to bend awkwardly in comparison to the wrist, as the wrist piece stays rigid. Making that piece rotate slightly as well would make it look more natural.

on another note, has anyone made Rayg versions of the 2015 masks?

I don't think Rayg versions of the 2015 masks exist and wouldn't they look incredibly garbled since Rayg Kanohi are tiny?

I haven't seen any sprites from G2, but even if there were I don't think I would be using them. I am sticking with G1 for this game, and even then I'm barely touching anything that came after Karda Nui.

• 1 month later...

Sooo.... anything happenin' lately?

I've finished my education and gotten a full-time job as programmer/software developer, so I haven't had the mindset to do as much hobby-level programming as I might want to. I guess I owe you guys some previews, though, so I'll try to touch up what I have of the new engine and post it this weekend. I haven't done it yet because it's unpolished and has lots of bugs.

Thanks for reviving the topic, Brickobot, now it's gotta be shut down. :(

Topic revival in Fan-Created Media is 60 days, actually, so he's inside the limit. If it does go past 60, then note that the rules also state that the topic creator may still revive it in order to post an update. Regardless, if it gets shut down I can make a new topic later once I do have something new to show.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So,

this weekend

didn't work out because

I'll try

turned out to be a blatant lie. Luroka just pushed me to link all of you to a preview I've got, so here it is.

Download BrokenVirtues_WIP_forum1.zip from Dropbox (9.83 MB)

Contains a single Windows executable file. Extract before running.

This is not (yet) BIONICLE Fighter "new and improved". This is nothing but test room gameplay. It has a Toa who can use a melee attack, fire a basic elemental attack, use his shield, and fly (mask power). It has its share of small bugs ATM.

Press Tab to view controls. You get a random weapon and shield sprite when you spawn, but all of them behave the same way ATM. Your "elemental attack" is currently just a reused Laser Crossbow projectile.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

"Bionicle Fighter has stopped working"

Would you happen to be playing on Windows 8? Apart from all the bugs and glitches that have built up over the past few years, the export engine I'm using does not play nice with Windows 8. Mostly it's the sound system that hiccups and kills the program, but there could be other issues as well. :/

This game is EPIC!! I played it and it is one of the best bionicle games I have ever played.the makuta boss fight is the BEST!!

You should have visorak and it'd be cool if they could fire webs at you and you'd turn into a hordika until you die.(But you could still have all your mask powers and stuff.Your player could just change their appearance...) You don't have to take this idea if you don't want to. It'd be cool, though. It'd probably not work on the rahkshi that well....

Now I know that there's a bug fix. How come I never noticed that?!

So I was wondering, does bionicle fighter work on windows 10 (I don't have windows ten. Which is probably pretty bad.)?

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Firuka #3

For Karuisten Nui!!

the makuta boss fight is the BEST!!

I'm quite fond of that one myself. ^_^

You should have visorak and it'd be cool if they could fire webs at you and you'd turn into a hordika until you die.

I'm planning to include Visorak as enemies in a future update, though I doubt they will mutate you. Once I get the shapeshifting Rahkshi power figured out, however, I imagine a variant of that could be used for other purposes as well.

Now I know that there's a bug fix. How come I never noticed that?!

Well, it doesn't fully work as it's supposed to. :P

does bionicle fighter work on windows 10?

I'm not certain, but I know the majority of crashes on Windows 8 comes from the sound system being outdated. The new engine (demo posted above) should work fine at least up to 8.1, and probably 10 as well.

I created I lot of characters in bionicle fighter. Its really fun to see your plans in action. (Such as killing takanuva,makuta,exo-pyro,etc.)

Takanuva is really hard, though.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/115034-biojayfan/

Check out my profile ....

See screenshots of my character with the name BioJayFan:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pp2k5jgg6chkk2k/screenshot104.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/80zheuwqc87bh8z/screenshot100.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vquegowtnu1ygxh/screenshot156.png

^^^

Click here to see (download) a sceenshot I took today of bionicle fighter as BioJayFan...

:alert: Most of the links you post, katuko,don't work!!!Well, It doesn't work for me,anyways. :alert:

There is some good Ideas I have for matoaran weapons, such as kohlii sticks that can launch kohlii balls and can be used up close.I like that idea.I won't give you a hard time about it,though, seeing it might not work too well and might add bugs to it.

"Jump off a bridge?" I'm not exactly doing extreme things like removing the ability to jump or give everyone insta-kill powers here. I am analyzing the affect life bars has on a player's strategy and making an educated guess as to which option would be best. The decision I've made doesn't really fit into the bridge-jumping metaphor at all. It describes doing something (in most cases) self-damaging due to peer pressure. I believe the tornado attack does slight damage to Nui-Rama, but it generally won't them kill outright. They don't get thrown around because of their movement script overriding the tornado's, but I'm working on fixing that. Right now my "fix list" has round 40 entries, with both tiny and large impacts on the game and its coding. This list does not include missing powers and the likes. It'll take a while to get through it, and since I got some important school work to do (*shudder*) it will take even longer. And BAAAH, I haven't even started multiplayer yet. Darn it. :(

Soo... you haven't started multiplayer yet? Crudnuggets...

Firuka #3

For Karuisten Nui!!

Does it count if I edit the files outside of the game and give myself 100 points in each stat?

No?

Okay....

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Does it count if I edit the files outside of the game and give myself 100 points in each stat?

No?

Okay....

since I used a legit character (broken as he is) I'm gonna say no.

Let's be honest here, all you really need to do to wreck face is play as a Rahkshi of hunger and stand on a spawn plate.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.