So....any of you remmebr this, and are watching Toonami right now? I gotta say, its one of Adult's swim's april fools jokes, but its jsut an awsome joke. Nostalgia and other feeling filled throught me, when i first saw Tom appear when Bleach was going to show, i was like TOONAMI OH YES! ITS HERE!!!!!!!So, what are your thoughts about Toonami?

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Toonami!? Are you sure!?

Yes.They had Tom come on before Bleach started, and had Toonami bumpers and commercials all night.After Bleach, they ran DragonBall Z, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Big O, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blue Submarine No. 6, Trigun, Astroboy, and Gigantor. The episodes I saw were mostly end-of-major-arc/death-of-major-character episodes, although Astroboy was an origin episode.

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

yeah, Ed Blum said they might bring it back, if we just tell cartoon network to bring it back through feedback here:[LINK REMOVED] Hopefully this will work, cuz then Cartoon Network will be much much better with toonami on it, or at least Adult Swim with toonami on it every saturday night, would not be the same but still its Toonami!

Edited by Makaru

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I got a kick out of them reviewing Mass Effect 3, especially when he listed the endings as a downside of the game. TOM, you're the reviewer the gaming industry deserves.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

i loved toonami too!i used to watch it all the time at my grandmas house when i went there

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this, and it's still in ongoing discussion, basically. We have no idea if/when it will return. Unless I missed something big, which most sites I've been following hint against; we're still doing our best to get attention out there and get CartoonNetwork to listen.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's relevant, but Durarara, Kekkaishi, Ghost in the Shell, Big O, FLCL, and Inuyasha are dropped from Saturday night on the new schedule starting May 26. The replacement shows haven't been announced yet.

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

Really? I know someone saw a blank in the schedule the other week, but they were just looking at it wrong, or it just didn't go out that far yet, or something.I personally don't think this is anything for Toonami. I think we'll have another few months left before something happens.

No, the blanks are there.May 19 (similar to prior weeks)may19.pngMay 26may26.pngThe blanks are also there for June 2, but that's as far as the schedule goes.I can't think of anything that they weren't showing that they still have the rights to, so they're either undecided in how to rearrange what they had, or they're adding shows that they don't currently have the rights to.

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

Oh wow, I didn't expect that. Yeah, that's definitely something. I had been imagining something different.Maybe this is something good, then. One of the guys who made Toonami just moved pretty high up in CN, after all.Edit: It's back! The 26th!

Edited by Lord Koji

According to a press release, it'll air midnight to six. No idea if it's just Saturdays, or every day.A combination of new and old programming. Though the "new" seems to be something made by Adult Swim, according to the article.

TOONAMI - Beginning Saturday, May 26, Adult Swim brings back Toonami, the network's popular block of anime programming. Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans.

>original anime programingAhem.BIG O. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWTIIIIIIIIIIIIME.

Big O is already on Adult Swim
Not on the new schedule.The response to "original anime programming" was a reference to Big O being co-owned/payed for by Cartoon Network, and that there was supposed to be another 13 episodes.

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

I always thought Toonami was awesome, especially with TOM 3.0 and SARA. The old Total Imersion Events were too cool for words.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I always thought Toonami was awesome, especially with TOM 3.0 and SARA. The old Total Imersion Events were too cool for words.-Tomdroidser

The April Fools joke used Tom 3, and the pics on the Adult Swim page are of Tom 3...so I believe they're bringing him back. I think I started watching in the mid-late Tom 2 era, but really, Tom 3 was my Tom. The one I have 90% of the fond Toonami memories of. Hopefully we never get Tom 4 back...Anyway, I'm watching it live that night.

This is suspicious, since they said that they wouldn't announce the new shows before the 26th, and because they said that it was going to be original programming, but the new schedule has put Ghost in the Shell back and added Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland.edit: Jason Demarco (vice president of strategic marketing and promotions for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim) has confirmed the new schedule.

Edited by Pohuaki

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

Bluuuuuuh I feel stupid beyond belief.This WHOLE TIME I had Miguzi confused for Toonami, and when I realized I was wrong it took me 45 minutes to find what I actually was thinking of. Somebody please violently slap me. But hey, Miguzi anyone? xDThinking back, I actually didn't watch Toonami too much...I did occasionally watch Naruto, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and...I vaguely remember some sort of Pokemon spinoff. But yeah, I'd probably enjoy Toonami more today than I did back then. Too bad it's on so late =/So stupid...

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Could've done with less of the gory grimdark stuff, but eh.Also I want to see the CLYDEs and SARA, but apparently they're on a reeeeally tight budget until ratings pick up.But I hope it gets moved out of the midnight slot, because that is way too late to justify watching it all the way through.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm hoping for older stuff, not just what people are thinking they did. "Fans want Toonami back? Slap the name onto our current block and just put two new shows on, problem solved." Or something like that.I loved seeing TOM again, especially in his new glorious CGI. And hearing Blum's voice with new TOM lines? Yes, wonderful.