Exo-Force Discussion Topic, Discuss Exo-Force Here

BULiK

I loved this theme. The 1st year was definitely the best. Sadly I don't have any of the sets together any-more, mostly due to them breaking or using the sets for parts. I just went through all my Lego Bricks the other day, cleaning them out and organizing them, and I found a lot of parts from old Exo-Force sets; brought back memories. Wish I would have kept them together.Sev

Edited by Republic Commando Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

I got a ton of set 7708 Uplink and set 7711 Sentry from my brothers and my LEGO BrickMaster Magazine subscription. I don't know why, but we got multiples of those sets for each one of us (we got 2 of set 7711 Sentry and 6 of set 7708 Uplink between all of us). We haven't opened all of the Uplink sets, because we hope to be able to resell them at a higher price sometime in the future. Did any other LEGO BrickMaster subscribers have this happen to them?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm still here. Just checked back here for the first time since the forums have come back. Good to see a few people still here!I think I do actually have the old official comics saved but there should still be other ways of seeing them.Of course I also have all the old Exo Farce episodes up to a few episodes of Series 5 that I never posted. :oNNH

Edited by NNH
ef5.jpg

Ah, the memories... :)Exo Force is/was my favorite Lego brand after Bionicle, mainly because it had a manga - something Lego had never done, and has never done since. The remixed Bionicle weapons (especially the zamor sphere launcher) were also nice, but I mainly enjoyed the manga; in fact, it was the only Lego magazine comic I regularly read besides Bionicle's.Unfortunately, I never got any Exo Force sets, but I don't really care, since I've always been a more story-oriented guy, I guess.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm still here. Just checked back here for the first time since the forums have come back. Good to see a few people still here! I think I do actually have the old official comics saved but there should still be other ways of seeing them. Of course I also have all the old Exo Farce episodes up to a few episodes of Series 5 that I never posted. :o NNH

Dude, you're not dead. Awesome.Wouldn't happen to know who/where online the comics are, would you?

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I really liked the Up-Link, however. It was one of the only sets that i could actually replicate before getting any of the sets, so that might have been partly why I liked it so much. =P

testify!hes my fav too!and 06, was original, i mean, manga lego refugees vs. manga lego robots with manga lego mech in a SPLIT-IN-HALF mountain? is there anything better than that?actually, there is. manga lego refugees vs. manga lego robots with manga lego mech in a SPLIT-IN-HALF mountain IN A VIDEO GAMEbut the :censored: at lego never made a console gamei'm getting mad
Yeah, a game woulda been awesome.I wish they would've finished the story. But '06 was definitely the best year. The overall japanese feel to it, the magic, the power... It was beautiful, and no Golden City and no jungle can ever take that away.

Don't say anything about Exo Force!!! Man, I loved that theme, it came second in wish list, first obviously was, is and will always be BIONICLE, but, guys, THAT was a good theme. I mean, the sets were absolutely well done, especially in the first years, and the plot was so..... realistic ( limitedly to future, that's clear ), besides being cool and manga-style. If I just try to guess why they downed it..... :talk2hand: I must stop before I explode :burnmad:.Well, as for the sets, Sky Guardian and Iron Condor were my favourite and Sonic Phantom was a good one too.Think they could have made better ones if they went on? :censored:----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Edited by Lord of the Rings

I loved Exo-Force, the sets before the Golden City were the best. I'd love to see a Hitomi in 2006 suit...

I dunno; one issue I've had with the pre-Golden City sets was their fragility; even keeping them on shelves, I have trouble keeping them together. They were great looking, but not very playable. The Golden City mechs, on the other hand, were more sturdy but also less colorful and unique. The 2008 sets seemed to be doing great at striking a balance between those two extremes, but then the theme went and ended. :(

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There's a chance these will work, or not, worth a go: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=410760I'm not entirely sure how you view them but they are there at least.EDIT: In the ones I have saved, the launcher is an .html file, which you open and it combines the text with the empty comic. So if you want I think you could save those files, just rename the .txt. as .html and open it?EDIT 2: Yes that works. :)NNH

Edited by NNH
ef5.jpg

Exo-Force was epic. I think I figured out why it ended though..I think it sold poorly when it hit the jungle wave, and Lego decided to cut their losses.Now, here is my theory for why it ceased to sell well.Animalistic mechs. Yeah, they're cool, but who doesn't like a good bipedal mech? I think that the bipedal ones were my favorite.

Might be, but it was about the same amount of mechs that had a different set up as the ones that had differences in the first two years. =/ Besides, I think that the fate was sealed back before the sets were even released, as we had heard about a book for the 2008 story, and then... It was canceled. =/

Exo-Force was epic.I think I figured out why it ended though..I think it sold poorly when it hit the jungle wave, and Lego decided to cut their losses.Now, here is my theory for why it ceased to sell well.Animalistic mechs. Yeah, they're cool, but who doesn't like a good bipedal mech? I think that the bipedal ones were my favorite.

No. If the theme had failed because of a single design decision, they could have reversed that in the next wave. And less than half of the mechs in the jungle wave were animalistic. Three were animal-based, three were bipedal, and two were just vehicles. It's clear the theme had been suffering well into the second year (as evidenced by LEGO's massive overstock which they've given away as prizes at some fan conventions).The failure of Exo-Force was simply that the target audience's desire for a mech-based theme had been exhausted. BIONICLE lasted a lot longer than most themes, and Exo-Force lasted an impressive five waves; far more than most non-core themes get. Edited by Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I agree, it did actually have a good run compared to many themes. In a way I didn't mind too much that it ended because it was bound to soon enough. There wasn't that much scope for development if you think about it, just putting the same basic characters in different mechs every so often.But we love you 5-eva of course, Exo Force. <3I was reading my unreleased episodes of Exo Farce the other day, sort of funny. I think I ended Series 4 after about 10 episodes and then later I wrote 4 episodes of Series 5 and never got far enough to start posting. Seeing as the theme ended the parody would have trailed off too, but I also felt I'd grown out of my creative writing skills for some reason. :( Maybe I could share some of what I have sitting on my laptop if anyone's interested.NNH

Edited by NNH
ef5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I want Exo-Force back.I think the main problem there, is that it's been dead way longer, this is a Bionicle fansite, and, well, it had 10 years to build up a strong and loyal fanbase. Didn't help LEGO much when they tried to direct that fan base to a new theme of sets, though. =P

I liked Exo-Force, and unlike BIONICLE I don't feel Exo-Force got the ending it deserved. But with that said, I wouldn't want Exo-Force back necessarily, just because I and many others would probably get more enjoyment from a brand-new theme with similarly-entertaining sets and story.

It would be nice if a future theme paid tribute to Exo Force. I'd like to see a special robot minifigure pop up in some sort of futuristic museum or something.Maybe they'll do a series of collectible classic figures one day... Meca One should be considered iconic. ^_^NNH

Edited by NNH
ef5.jpg

I think what I miss most about Exo-Force is the sheer joy of collecting all those marvellous, little Robot figures. I adored buying the sets and building up a little army of Iron Drones to take on whatever the Exo-Force team have at their disposal.At one point, I think I nearly bought about ten Claw Crushers, just to get ten of those pure silver Devastators.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. The original version is quite weird. I love the way it deploys Iron Drones except it doesn't work if you put red eye-bars in them. For that reason I tried to modify it and found it's quite fun because it's quite a basic frame as it is and there's a lot you can do to turn it into an actual 'mobile battle station' as it claims to be.I have some other pictures of my first modified version on my Brickshelf but the main thing was a double rack of Iron Drones that sort of folds out and a drawer that either slides out or can be accessed through the floor (it only fits one robot so I put an extra Meca One clone in each side):mobildev.jpgNNH

ef5.jpg

Loool. I'd love to do that and film it with a slow motion camera or something... but the resulting destruction is quite tragic (especially as Pridak seems to be a casualty).I wish I had space to keep all my EF sets on display but they're so bulky and after a couple of weeks they need dusting which is a nightmare. I always found Bionicle didn't have that problem because they don't tend to have many flat surfaces, but all the mechs were are bad for it. At some point I'll be able to have all the flying ones suspended from the ceiling in a battle scene or something.NNH

ef5.jpg

I got a ton of set 7708 Uplink and set 7711 Sentry from my brothers and my LEGO BrickMaster Magazine subscription. I don't know why, but we got multiples of those sets for each one of us (we got 2 of set 7711 Sentry and 6 of set 7708 Uplink between all of us). We haven't opened all of the Uplink sets, because we hope to be able to resell them at a higher price sometime in the future. Did any other LEGO BrickMaster subscribers have this happen to them?

For some odd reason, I got 2 of the same Bionicle rahi in 2008. I forget what it was called. It wasn't Click.I Miss Exo-Force, I only have one set, but back then, those themes actually had good storylines backing up those epic sets. A theme is only as good as its corresponding story, and EF's rivaled Bionicle's, though Bio's was better.

Hey guys I'm still here. Just checked back here for the first time since the forums have come back. Good to see a few people still here!I think I do actually have the old official comics saved but there should still be other ways of seeing them.Of course I also have all the old Exo Farce episodes up to a few episodes of Series 5 that I never posted. :oNNH

You wanna see the old comics? go to the Wayback Machine, an internet archive machine, to access the old EF site. I did that with Bionicle.

The Golden City storyline was great. The story ended rather abruptly during the jungle storyline.

Definitely, that was the only part I never thoroughly understood it.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Exo-Force was pretty good. I got one of the books, written by GregF, and also one of the sets. The story was good, but the set I got wasn't the best IMO. It's look was really good ad I love the minifigure, but the set kept falling apart and didn't move that well. Maybe I built it wrong, I don't know, but I ended up taking it apart and using its pieces for other things. It's really a shame that LEGO ended Hero Factory without giving it a conclusion, which shows LEGO is willing to drop a line without a care for its story, which is really worrying...

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Exo-Force was pretty good. I got one of the books, written by GregF, and also one of the sets. The story was good, but the set I got wasn't the best IMO. It's look was really good ad I love the minifigure, but the set kept falling apart and didn't move that well. Maybe I built it wrong, I don't know, but I ended up taking it apart and using its pieces for other things.It's really a shame that LEGO ended Hero Factory without giving it a conclusion, which shows LEGO is willing to drop a line without a care for its story, which is really worrying...

What set did you get?And you mean Exo-Force, right?

Exo-Force was pretty good. I got one of the books, written by GregF, and also one of the sets. The story was good, but the set I got wasn't the best IMO. It's look was really good ad I love the minifigure, but the set kept falling apart and didn't move that well. Maybe I built it wrong, I don't know, but I ended up taking it apart and using its pieces for other things.It's really a shame that LEGO ended Hero Factory without giving it a conclusion, which shows LEGO is willing to drop a line without a care for its story, which is really worrying...

Oh yeah, I did. Sorry about that :PI got Cyclone Defender, the one with Ryo. I think it was released in 2007. Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

Oh yeah, I did. Sorry about that :PI got Cyclone Defender, the one with Ryo. I think it was released in 2007.
You mean Ryu, right? :PHm. That was a pretty sturdy set for me. The only thing that would fall off were the fingers and the swords on the shield.

Oh yeah, I did. Sorry about that :PI got Cyclone Defender, the one with Ryo. I think it was released in 2007.
I got that one too.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

You mean Ryu, right? :PHm. That was a pretty sturdy set for me. The only thing that would fall off were the fingers and the swords on the shield.
Oh, wow, what's up with me? :P Yeah, I mean Ryu. I don't remember what exactly what was wrong with the set, but I do remember having a hard time moving it, so I guess that's why I took it apart.

toakopaka.png

Yes it's definitely Ryo lol. I wonder, if Exo Force had ever left Sentai Mountain, what would be out there? I never really knew how to interpret the setting, something about it seems like it's set in the past and the future simultaneously. I assume nobody ever really decided because it's just made up obviously, but still... surely the robots would have decided to expand their horizons a bit at some point?NNH

ef5.jpg