which effects have you noticed with your LEGO sets?mine are:piece A, piece B syndrome: searching for piece B, you find tons of piece A, but piece B is nowhere to be found. when you turn around and look for piece A, you find tons of piece B, but no piece A.and also a common "what could have been" syndrome:you get one set, then you get bored with it and wish you's gotten the other one you saw. (rattlecopter and cannibal escape)post yours here!EDIT: also, minifig series syndrome: when series 2 was released, people thought it was the best series yet. when series 3 was released, people thought it was the best. continue with series 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Edited by ben61

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

Before my family and I reorganized our LEGO collection into many drawers like these and several tubs and bins (back when we had pieces organized in boxes by color), the first situation would always happen to me.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This seems to be only about sets/MOCing, not story or anything else, so moving to LEGO sets...

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

"It'll be there next time" Syndrome. No, that great set that you decided to postpone buying will never appear in that store again. Man, how this one annoys me. XD~B~

That was the Ice Dragon Attack for me. I've got to say, one of the worst things I've done in my life... why... why would I not buy it...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

For me Piece A Piece B syndrome is a mild annoyance. I use a system I call the super search.Step 1. Dump out all my parts on the floor.Step 2. Take a dustpan and scoop up some of the parts and set them aside.Step 3. Look through the mini pile to see if the part I want is in there.Step 4. If the part I want is not in the pile. Put that small pile back into my container and repeat steps 2 to 3 until I either find the part or I end up putting all the parts back into the bin.A effect I have is Piece Symmetry. Take this part.http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42003One has the molding intent near the axle hole. Another mold has the indent at the end of the part like in the picture. I always like to use the same part that has the indent in the same spot. I am very specific when it comes to symmetry in building.

Edited by Oxymoronaphobia

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

"It'll be there next time" Syndrome. No, that great set that you decided to postpone buying will never appear in that store again. Man, how this one annoys me. XD~B~

*eye twitch*MINIFIGSughi think you all know what i mean

so...this is...my sig...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

also, i seem to have a syndrome i've coined "reassembly wandering syndrome" it's when i'm rebuilding a set, and i just wander off into an MOC in the middle.it's actually most likely to happen with any set with inika torsos, i'm not that much of a technic-based MOCer

so...this is...my sig...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

I cannot count all the times I've been stricken with piece A, piece B syndrome. I like the name, too. I also search my bucket of Bionicle parts similar to Oxymoronaphobia, and use symmetry as well. I have blue half and half pins as well as black in forementioned bucket. If the first one I use is blue, then all the ones I use must be blue, and vice versa. Only when I have to is this different.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I've of course developed the condition wherein one of my first thoughts when looking at anything in my day-to-day life is how it could be imitated with LEGO. You know, thoughts such as "is there a roof tile that matches that?", "would that vehicle be better as a 6-wide or a 4-wide?", or "Would that color be closer to 102 Medium Blue or 212 Light Royal Blue?" I'm sure others also have these sorts of thoughts even if they're less technical about them.Building with LDD has actually made me more prone to "extreme instruction booklet attentiveness". Obviously I'm not going to have a fit if things aren't exactly according to the instructions, but if I have the time, the patience, and no people giving me funny looks I'll try to make sure friction pins have their grooves lined up how they are in the instructions.Finally, moving my LEGO sets to and from college over and over again has made me extremely attentive to how much space something can be compressed into when packing it up with minimal disassembly.

Finally, moving my LEGO sets to and from college over and over again has made me extremely attentive to how much space something can be compressed into when packing it up with minimal disassembly.

happened to me a while ago, what with movingall my HF sets were easy, btut hen came lego island, this huge 2-table mass of baseplates and minifigs and structures. i called it a town :Peverything survived the movers in the big cardboard box, but sadly, the ancient ruins had to be rebuilt, but they're even better now! :biggrin: Edited by T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ

so...this is...my sig...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

I've of course developed the condition wherein one of my first thoughts when looking at anything in my day-to-day life is how it could be imitated with LEGO. You know, thoughts such as "is there a roof tile that matches that?", "would that vehicle be better as a 6-wide or a 4-wide?", or "Would that color be closer to 102 Medium Blue or 212 Light Royal Blue?" I'm sure others also have these sorts of thoughts even if they're less technical about them.

Seems you have a touch of the Tetris effect, Aanchir.Also, the thing about aligning pins is something I do as well. It just appeals to my sense of order. :P~B~

I've of course developed the condition wherein one of my first thoughts when looking at anything in my day-to-day life is how it could be imitated with LEGO. You know, thoughts such as "is there a roof tile that matches that?", "would that vehicle be better as a 6-wide or a 4-wide?", or "Would that color be closer to 102 Medium Blue or 212 Light Royal Blue?" I'm sure others also have these sorts of thoughts even if they're less technical about them.

Whenever I see a building on my way to school, I see Lego slopes. Lots and lots of Lego slopes.

aouROFb.png

I get OCD over a set having the right pieces. Which is why MOCing upsets me, as that means there is a possibility a set will never be 100% complete again as if I rebuild it, there's no guarantee it will contain the pieces it was originally packaged with.

that's always a problem with me too..

so...this is...my sig...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

Atlantis City isn't as good as I thought it was gonna be. The Golden Statue Contraption NEVER works (I'm not exaggerating!).I don't know what I COULD'VE gotten. I mean, I was in a Toys R' Us, I could've gotten ANYTHING!I hate the feeling of buying a LEGO in a TOYS R' US when I'm 13.A really old lady smiled at me when she saw what I got (Atlantis City).The Piece A;Piece B Syndrome happens to me A LOt, also.My NC Walmart didn't even CARRY the Minifigure Series until about Series 3 or 4.I missed the Wrestler Minifigure.Why God, why? I do Lego Wrestling, but I can't have a non-self made Wrestling Minifigure?

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P