Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Finally we get out of that awful droid arc and to the stuff we want. I thought this Eminence episode was great, there was not much action but it was full of fun continuity and fan service. Jabba, Maul, Mandelorians, Black Sun, Dengar, Mustafar, multiple decapitations, the list gos on.

I hate to say it but I think Vizla's going to bite the dust. He's really out of his league dealing with the brothers and his plains to betray them do not bode well. I'm interested to see how loyal to him Bo-Katan is and what will lead to the death watch rift we saw in the trailers. Some of them will end up waring red armor and I really want to know why.

That is all

My theory on the reason as to why they will be wearing red armour is because some of them will follow Maul & Savage (red), while others remain loyal to Vizsla (blue). I guess Kenobi will help the blue guys fight against Maul.

PS, while watching the trailer I noticed someone that looked a lot like Ahsoka at 1:49 being pursued by Anakin. So I guess she does turn against the Jedi.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy The Clone Wars? It seems a little bit boring, but the corresponding LEGO sets are quite good. :)

How much of the show have you seen, exactly?

Looks like this season is finally picking up. The premier was good, if obviously mixed up. The Onderon arc was pretty decent overall, but far from the best. The younglings arc was mostly mediocre with only Hondo's comic relief keeping it afloat. The D-Squad arc was some of the worst writing to come out of the show, which is downright disgraceful to a show well into its fifth season. Even the clone commando element was wasted and executed poorly.

Why can't we have another Umbara arc? ;_;

My theory on the reason as to why they will be wearing red armour is because some of them will follow Maul & Savage (red), while others remain loyal to Vizsla (blue). I guess Kenobi will help the blue guys fight against Maul.

PS, while watching the trailer I noticed someone that looked a lot like Ahsoka at 1:49 being pursued by Anakin. So I guess she does turn against the Jedi.

I imagined that the red armored Mandalorians would be working for Darth Maul. Evidence of this can be seen in the trailer when Darth Sidious kills the ones that are guarding him. What I'm wondering is why Bo-Katan was waring red armor when she was so against the alliance. I can only imagine that she and Obi-Wan were working under cover.

As for Ahsoka turning against, the jedi, I really hope this is not the case. There have been enough Jedi who have fallen from grace and I hope they do something more original with the story. Perhaps she's not turning to the dark side and is instead turning against the Republic. She's developed some separatist sympathies and is starting to see the flaws in the republic. Maybe Anakin is after her because of his blind obedience to the republic and not the jedi Order. I hope that episode would focus on the darker side of his character rather then her's.

That is all

It makes zero sense for Ahsoka to turn to the dark side. Nothing has ever pointed to it that I have seen.However, I would not be surprised if she does just turn against the Republic. You're right, I have noticed her starting to lean towards their ideals.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

JJ Abrams?

...I should probably feel more pumped about this, but for some reason the best I can come up with is 'meh'. Maybe its because of the feeling his Star Trek movie gave me, or the simple fact that he has directed Star Trek and I need to be convinced that his prior work isn't going bleed over onto this.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I just really hope that he keeps the two franchises where their niche is. Star Trek is a science fiction space opera, Star Wars is more science fantasy space opera. We don't need cool looking holographic interfaces or sleek Apple-inspired space decks. That's for the futurist Trekkies. Which I am kinda one, but I know when to keep my interests from melding.

I would be really, really impressed with them if they decide to keep the late 70s/early 80s feel to Star Wars. I'd be impressed if we get a spaceship that looks like the Falcon, with knobs and switches and buttons. Get me concept art that shows me simplistic interfaces that don't rely on CGI and are actually there and I'll be convinced the movie is going in the right direction.

...Yeah, basically, I want Episode VII to get back to the original roots, not get bogged down with needless CGI. I'm not saying spend millions in practical effects, I'm saying use CGI as the tool it is to polish and refine, not make 80% of the movie with it. That's cool in other movies, but I think in Star Wars, science fantasy as it is, practical effects are simply what gives that Star Wars feel.

Could just be me being needlessly nostalgic, but really, this is Star Wars. The reason why come 2015 there's going be people pitching tents a week before it comes out is because of nostalgia.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well J.J. Abrams will bring something to the saga that we have not had for awhile; Passion. George Lucas had a sense of entitlement and he never got to experience the wounder the the fans did. J.J. Abram was that kid who gasped in awe when the Star Destroyer passed overhead and he feels he needs to capture that sense of imagination again. George Lucas influenced star wars, J.J Abrams was influence by star wars. I think he has a better understanding of what make star wars great.

I only have two concerns:

1. I hope he does not turn the place into an apple store. He made the bridge of the enterprise so white and sterile which it's something that's appropriate for star teck but not for star wars. He needs to capture the grim and the grit of the universe and help create a seance of realism. He did a fine job with Lost, I hope he can do it again with star wars.
  2. Lightsabers are basically walking lens flairs. That's not a good thing.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Yeaaaah, I respect Abrams, but the man loves his lens flares just a bit too much. I expect that we'll be blinded for half the movie.

voidstars.png

So it seems The Clone Wars isn't on Cartoon Network's list of renewed shows.Current rumor is that it will be, predictably, moving to Disney XD.Which means it looks like I'll be watching it exclusively online at that point...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Why is it that this interesting arc only was compacted to just thee episodes while the other arcs this season were stretched out to four.

What do people think Sideous is going to do what Maul? Some are saying he's going to test him against Anakin but I think a fight against Darth Tyranus is far more likely. If that's the case I don't think pour Maul is going to come out very well. Tyranus would absolutely dominate him.

That is all

Why is it that this interesting arc only was compacted to just thee episodes while the other arcs this season were stretched out to four.

What do people think Sideous is going to do what Maul? Some are saying he's going to test him against Anakin but I think a fight against Darth Tyranus is far more likely. If that's the case I don't think pour Maul is going to come out very well. Tyranus would absolutely dominate him.

Am I the only one who is loving Mauls character. Its what the preaquels should have done with him. After this arc, he has definitly become my favorite character in the show. I guess it makes up for when they ruined Savage

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Am I the only one who is loving Mauls character. Its what the preaquels should have done with him. After this arc, he has definitly become my favorite character in the show. I guess it makes up for when they ruined Savage

I think they've handled Maul's character very well. At first I was skeptical because it was an blatant attempt to cash in on a popular character. However, after his episode it''s apparent that Maul has become far more multidimensional. As for Savage I would hardly say they ruined him, he was created for the clone wars so there was no preexisting character to ruin. I think he was a strong and powerful character in his own right until the very end and he remained interesting threw the duration of his existence.

I really hope they don't pit Anakin against Maul. He's too much of a creator's pet already and having him fight Maul would just be another way to over expose him. To spite what some may say the series does not revolve around him so having him fight Maul and win would be just another way to make him look like Marty Stu. The best thing would be if they never met at all.

The alternative would be a fight between Maul and Tyranus, that's something I'd pay to see and it would be a spectacular fight. Tyrannus has a way stronger understanding of the force then Maul does and he's a much better dualist. On the other hand, Maul is often acknowledged to be the cooler of the two.

That is all

I think they've handled Maul's character very well. At first I was skeptical because it was an blatant attempt to cash in on a popular character. However, after his episode it''s apparent that Maul has become far more multidimensional. As for Savage I would hardly say they ruined him, he was created for the clone wars so there was no preexisting character to ruin. I think he was a strong and powerful character in his own right until the very end and he remained interesting threw the duration of his existence.

I really hope they don't pit Anakin against Maul. He's too much of a creator's pet already and having him fight Maul would just be another way to over expose him. To spite what some may say the series does not revolve around him so having him fight Maul and win would be just another way to make him look like Marty Stu. The best thing would be if they never met at all.

The alternative would be a fight between Maul and Tyranus, that's something I'd pay to see and it would be a spectacular fight. Tyrannus has a way stronger understanding of the force then Maul does and he's a much better dualist. On the other hand, Maul is often acknowledged to be the cooler of the two.

When Savage first showed up, I really liked him. I feel like they justs made hims a stupid brute who is basically Mauls pet.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Considering 7, 8 and 9 will most likely take place before or after the Original Saga, I think they'd probably focus on stories that were mentioned only and not very expanded. That would (1) fill in unexplained gaps in the story and (2) give us a taste of what the we can expect from all the other upcoming films.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Wait, we're talking about the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Celebrates 100 Episodes" video, yes? The area around 1:49 was completely focused on Asajj, not Ahsoka...

But as for the very ending of the video, whoa. So do we get to see "Ahsoka's Fate" at the end of this season? And I know there are episodes about "The Jedi who knew too much" coming... But is she that Jedi? Didn't see that coming. So it would seem she discovers something that necessitates she become a fugitive... Could it be...

That Ahsoka discovers Sidious's secret? Holy moly that would be something...

Well J.J. Abrams will bring something to the saga that we have not had for awhile; Passion. George Lucas had a sense of entitlement and he never got to experience the wounder the the fans did. J.J. Abram was that kid who gasped in awe when the Star Destroyer passed overhead and he feels he needs to capture that sense of imagination again. George Lucas influenced star wars, J.J Abrams was influence by star wars. I think he has a better understanding of what make star wars great.

I only have two concerns:

1. I hope he does not turn the place into an apple store. He made the bridge of the enterprise so white and sterile which it's something that's appropriate for star teck but not for star wars. He needs to capture the grim and the grit of the universe and help create a seance of realism. He did a fine job with Lost, I hope he can do it again with star wars.
  2. Lightsabers are basically walking lens flairs. That's not a good thing.

Meh. I'm kind of indifferent about directorial choice here. Like the Marvel movies, I'm not sure how much difference the director will make. (unless anyone else noticed stylistic differences between the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that I did not? :P ) The only issue I've got is I didn't like Star Trek, but then I'm sure it wasn't J.J. Abrams idea to make Kurk such a lunatic... (and mind you, I've only seen the move once so I don't remember much about video style) I hardly think he'd style things akin to Star Trek, though, as he would have been aiming for a Star Trek feel there, (which always was white and sterile, yes?) whereas here he'll be going for a Star Wars feel.

Personally I'm not very worried about the new movie. Star Wars has such a legacy and popularity behind it that if Disney messed it up, they'd basically be in big trouble with the fanbase. But then, every new incarnation of Star Wars has mixed reactions, I hear. There are those who love the original trilogy but hate the prequel, and those who love those but hate Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I'm sure there will be those who loved some combination of previous incarnations but hate the sequel trilogy for whatever reason.

Has anyone else noticed what a year for movies 2015 is set to be? A lot of big names there.

As for the stand-alone films, I must say I like the idea of one centering on Yoda. Can anyone else (because of Episode V) see him once having delusions of grandeur like Don Quixote? :P Jokes aside it would still be cool, though he has such a long history it would be hard to pick a time period. And how do you keep consistent character evolution with someone that old? I don't know, touching on Yoda's history would be rather dangerous ground, I suppose. But perhaps if they started at the beginning.

An Old Republic story would be cool as well. Or they could do one about Ahsoka! I live-action incarnation of her would be interesting... One set in sequel trilogy-era, of course, since she survives that long... *cough* Or so I hope. :P

Time will tell what they do, but this is intriguing...

EDIT: :superfunny: :superfunny: :superfunny: This is reply number 666. Now if that isn't hysterical... The Jedi must die.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

Apparently, some stand alone Star Wars films aside from 7-9 have been confirmed. I'm curious what they would focus on?

I've read on Wookiepedia, that Luke Skywalker get's married to a Jedi known as Mara Jade. Han Solo will also get married, but I didn't read that section. Luke and Mara soon have their first child named, Ben Skywalker. (Probably in memorium to Ben Kenobi.)

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Han Solo marries Leia, and they have three children: Jason, the eldest; (I forget their daughters name) and thirdly, Anakin Solo.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

So that was it. They could make a trilogy with them during new Jedi order.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

Well, movie-wise, anyway. There are many books taking place in that time period though. They could base the new trilogy on those.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

Jacen Solo. ;)And yeah... let's call Mara Jade just a Jedi... heh.The Skywalker family is pretty established in the EU... it's really the major reason so many fans are still wary of the sequal films. We don't want those characters we've literally "watched" grow up to be just tossed aside.There really are tons of books about setting it all up. I haven't even read all of them yet, and I own something like 80 of the Star Wars novels... But most of the post-Episode VI stuff is worth the read.---FinallyotherpeoplepostedsoIcangushaboutMaulvsSavagevsSideious!Last week's episode was one of my favorites by far. It was probably helped by a very lackluster season, but nonetheless I was impressed. It was just so fun to watch. And the choreography of the lightsaber duel... Brilliant.I can only hope we see more of Maul soon.---The side movies are... an interesting prospect. I'm excited for the potential Yoda film. The rumor of one about Han Solo again could conflict with much EU... and whoever plays Han would just be demolished by the fandom for not being Harrison Ford. And then the potential Boba one... Eh, yeah, sure, why not.---Aaaand to be fully revealed at Toy Fair this weekend, Hasbro is starting a line of collector's figures for Star Wars. :3 Granted the 3 3/4 inch line that's been around for pretty much ever has massive appeal to collectors. But I like larger figures. And they're gonna be hyper articulated and detailed... which again I love. The preview of flight suit Luke already looks pretty darn good.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that this weeks episode of the clone wars is probably the best I've ever seen. Ahsoka has truly been rescued from the s heap and is beyond a doubt one of my favorite characters. She looked spectacular running threw the rain and she's really matured. I watched some episodes from the first season and it's incredible how much she's grown as a character. She seventeen now and she is such a bad@#$. I really hope she does not die and I keep telling myself that they may want her for next season but I think that's a futile belief. If they wanted to kill off her character now would be the perfect time to do it. I'm just grown to love her so much and her demise would sure pull on the heart strings.

Seeing Rex otherize the use of deadly force to bring in Ahsoka was incredibly chilling. There were a lot who speculated that Rex would be loyal to Ahsoka and that after all they've been threw he would look out for her. All that got thrown out the window when he gave that order behind Anakin's back. He's starting to look more and more like an imperial every day and the way the prison looked was incredibly reminiscent of the empire. Order 66 will happen latter this year and I have no problem believing Rex will go right along with it.

Finally this episode had a really cool memorial to fallen clones. (At least that's what I'm told) I think that's weird for several reasons.

A) To most citizens of the republic clones are hardware, they are not people. The only thing that makes them less disposable then droids is their cost.

B) Clones don't have family so who would that memorial be for? Clones are trained to not hold attachments for each other.

and C) wouldn't the names inscribed just be numbers? That would just drive home the republic's stance that they don't have humanity.

That is all

I think that this would have been the best season yet if it was not for the droid arc. I also sort of wanted a Ventress episode this season, especially how last season ended, but those are my only complaints (and there are still two episodes left to change that). It is also surprising to me that I liked this season so much because my favorite episodes so far are mostly clone centric, which the only one this season was ruined by the droid arc.

Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I think that this would have been the best season yet if it was not for the droid arc. I also sort of wanted a Ventress episode this season, especially how last season ended, but those are my only complaints (and there are still two episodes left to change that). It is also surprising to me that I liked this season so much because my favorite episodes so far are mostly clone centric, which the only one this season was ruined by the droid arc.

Have you seen the "Season 5 Preview" or the preview for the Ahsoka arc? Ventress is definitely going to be in here.

I like the clone-centered episodes a lot, too, which is why I think a "Star Wars: Rebellion" series set during the Original Trilogy era could work. :) Actually, I really liked the rebel-focused arc earlier this season, too, for that reason.

It's funny how many of the episodes of this show don't actually focus on the war. Most of them, I think. I hope we see more large-scale battles next season. Still, it's not too much of a complaint, because they do find a lot of good side-stories to tell. I didn't particularly like the droid arc either, but it had it's moments, and it was amusing.

Plus, we didn't actually see that clone commando die. Maybe he still lives. . .

Anyone have any guess as to who might be the traitor Jedi? I'm actually thinking it might possibly be Bariss, given her inclusion here and strange behavior, but I would be very disappointed if it was her. :P I can't really see her doing that.

Edited by TahuNuvaFan

Have you seen the "Season 5 Preview" or the preview for the Ahsoka arc? Ventress is definitely going to be in here.

I like the clone-centered episodes a lot, too, which is why I think a "Star Wars: Rebellion" series set during the Original Trilogy era could work. :) Actually, I really liked the rebel-focused arc earlier this season, too, for that reason.

It's funny how many of the episodes of this show don't actually focus on the war. Most of them, I think. I hope we see more large-scale battles next season. Still, it's not too much of a complaint, because they do find a lot of good side-stories to tell. I didn't particularly like the droid arc either, but it had it's moments, and it was amusing.

Anyone have any guess as to who might be the traitor Jedi? I'm actually thinking it might possibly be Bariss, given her inclusion here and strange behavior, but I would be very disappointed if it was her. :P I can't really see her doing that.

According to the the essential guide to Warfare, most of the battles in the clone wars were fought by non-droid and clone forces. Therefor, it's actually safe to say that the battles fought by the Onderon terrorists rebels and the Umbaran militia are actually better examples of what the war was really like. Based on my reading, clones and droids were a relatively rear sight on most planets. Just no one would ever guess that considering their publicity. The same goes for stormtroopers.

Did anyone see the second teaser for to Catch a Jedi? it looks like we're be getting a look at the Underworld police or someone similar. Ether way, I like seeing non-clone units in actions.

That is all

According to the the essential guide to Warfare, most of the battles in the clone wars were fought by non-droid and clone forces. Therefor, it's actually safe to say that the battles fought by the Onderon terrorists rebels and the Umbaran militia are actually better examples of what the war was really like. Based on my reading, clones and droids were a relatively rear sight on most planets. Just no one would ever guess that considering their publicity. The same goes for stormtroopers.

Did anyone see the second teaser for to Catch a Jedi? it looks like we're be getting a look at the Underworld police or someone similar. Ether way, I like seeing non-clone units in actions.

Oh, really? I never knew that. It makes sense, though, given the number of non-clone denizens in the galaxy. I guess I figured most peoples had gotten too lazy to fight for themselves, and that that was why they were so easily tricked into accepting Imperial rule.

But that certainly opens up possibilites for "Star Wars: Rebellion." Perhaps the Rebellion was more widespread than shown? It would make sense. And of course you'd have Vader after Luke for the occasional lightsaber duel.

Yep, there were members of some kind of police force in today's episode. They seem to have some kind of alternate lightsabers, too, from the preview for this arc. But we won't see those 'til next episode. I don't quite understand what these guys are, though. Are they an advanced version of those droid police we've seen before, or are they living? I couldn't quite tell.