Last Film You Watched

• 3 weeks later...

Tull-A-Vision. Excellent video recording of a Jethro Tull concert from their Too Old to Rock'n'Roll: Too Young to Die! tour.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Super 8. :3It was a great movie, another one to add to the (growing) list of amazing movies by J.J Abrams. :biggrin:-Skar(and every time someone says I forgot Steven Spielberg worked on it too, I kill one hostage)

ThisSuper 8 :3aka best movie ever made (okay okay, best movie ever made by JJ Abrams but AWESOME none the less)

I watched Transformers 3 the other day. I seriously hope the projectionists messed up the reel assembly, because the first half of the film had some of the most incoherent editing of any action film I've ever seen. The entire thing was just a giant, awful, mess.The cool thing about this viewing, though, is that the auditorium's sound system was messed up so the music track was heavily subdued. It was like watching an action film without music, which was kind of awesome.

BZPRPG

Well, lets see. I am a movie FANATIC.In theaters: The Thing (2011 Prequel to the 1982 film) All I have to say, was, it WAS GREAT!ON DVD: Buried, Transformers 3, Joy Ride (Candycaaiiin), 127 Hours, Source Code, and I N C E P T I O N.Yeah, I watch a lot at a time. :)

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!

PM me if you want your comics or movie's reviewed by a guy who loves Bum Reviews!

bum_review_spoof_new1.pngP.S. I am not Doug Walker, nor do I claim to be.

Dark709 Fanmovie CHECK OUT DARK709's COMICS AND MOVIES!

Darthbrandon14's "ESCAPE FROM DARKNESS", coming soon

IF YOU WANT TO GUEST STAR, PM ME ASAP! GIVE ME A "RAZOR" SPRITESHEET! DON'T POST IN MY COMICS!

new_comic_banner.gif

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides.It was okay, but not as good as the previous ones. The mermaids were cool, but the zombies were pointless. They only said the word zombie once, when someone said they were "zombified," without an explanation. They didn't contribute to the plot in any special way at all, either. Other than that, I didn't like Blackbeard.The beginning was funny though.

banner.png

The Tripwith Steve Coogan and Rob Brydonhilarious

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

pc_rancorous.gif GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. pc_rancorous.gif

:kaukau:Over Thanksgiving I watched a couple.Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I started watching after midnight, but it didn't matter. It's still one of the most awesome films out there. The prologue with Sauron, that eerie and solemn theme music, the Mines of Moria, Uruk Hai, Gandalf and hobbits and Balrogs, oh my! It's hard to put my finger on exactly why this film stands out as one of the greatest fantasies of all time - heck, one of the greatest films of all time - but there sure is something special. So suffice to say, it was worth staying up until nearly four in the morning to see this masterpiece.The Bridge On the River Kwai: I've had this on my shelf for quite some time, and both my mother and I have been quite curious about the film. We thought we were going to watch an R rated film with my younger sisters gone to our father's house, but as it turns out this film was PG. It wasn't as if we hadn't had an opportunity to watch this film before, but it was then that we finally took the time for it. Besides, it has Alec Guinness in it. Surprisingly, we had a couple of different guesses of which person out of the four people on the cover he was, but both guesses were wrong. But enough of this; let's move on to the movie.The first thing that stood out to me was the movie titles. It was that old title style in simple white letters. It's very different from the modern movie titles, which are very artistically rendered. Think of the title sequence of Harry Potter as a good contrast. These simple titles gave an instant feel for what kind of film I was watching. This would be one of those older films. There's something different about those. There's the dialogue, for one. It's far from Shakespearean, but it's far more powerful than that of contemporary films. The types of characters are also different. It's hard to say how: it just has that noble feel of old war films. In some ways, it makes me think of the narrative style of It's a Wonderful Life.I thought it was made in the sixties. As it turns out, the film was made in 1957, which surprised me. The quality was exceptional for its time. For one, they actually made the titular bridge, and they filmed the movie in Sri Lanka. They had scenes in multiple places. None of it, as far as I can tell, was on a set. The actors actually walked through a jungle. The actors actually swam down the River Kwai and tied the charges to the bridge. What completed it, however, was when they were not only setting up charges, but the sounds of the celebrating British soldiers could be heard in the background. I wondered if they were actually shooting both scenes at the same time. It had a very immersing effect.Colonel Saito was an interesting villain, one I'll have to add to my list of great villains. While far from one of the greatest, he was certainly memorable, and I do value that memory. The true star of the movie was Alec Guinness in his role as Colonel Nicholson, who deserved the Oscar. Nicholson made for a very interesting character. The multiple conflicts between the two Colonels was very interesting and captivating, catching the fire in both characters. In the end, Nicholson's obsession with making a perfect bridge was rather insane.My mother said that Guinness was known for his voice. It didn't strike me as too familiar until his final lines, in which he sounded every bit like Obi-Wan: "You! What have I done?" You have to hear it for yourself. Then the ending was rather interesting, I feel just as it was meant to be.As it happened, I stood up until four in the morning again. Gosh darn.Then, of course, I have to mention the bridge and the music. Coincidentally, I'm, making toothpick bridges right now for a science class. The requirements are very specific. I thought it would be funny if I made a few references to this movie. Maybe the teacher would get the reference. The whistling was classic. Most people have never heard of this film, but they've heard the whistling tune. It's really catchy.I would suggest the film for people who like classics that actually feel classic.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

LOTR Trilogy. Ever since watching that, my depression has vanished. :DThanks John R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Watched Treasure of the Sierra Madre last night. It's about three men who go to seek a fortune of gold and how some of them get corrupted by it. It's a near perfect movie. The story and it's themes are delivered perfectly, and the acting performances are fantastic. Very much a movie worth watching, if not just to see Humphrey Bogart playing a character with less than honorable values.And I caught Battle for Terra this morning. The story had lots of promise and the third act had some great action, but it was hard for me to look past the bad voice acting and so-so animation. It could have also benefitted from being a little longer in order to flesh out some of the human characters and to explore more of the Terrian culture.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

A Few Good Men.This was my third time seeing it, and it never gets old -- I love this movie; definitely one of my favorites. Highly recommended.newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

It's A Wonderful Life.It's a favorite of mine. God I wish America was still like that...

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

A Star is Born.Good lord that was boring. Had to watch it for Film Studies, and it just irritated me the whole way through. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who have to have an explosion or gunshot every ten minutes to consider a film good, I just prefer it when SOMETHING HAPPENS. This film was three hours of NOTHING. >_>

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Hmm... last movie I saw... well, in theatres the last movie I've seen would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. At home, it'd be Transformers. Transformers is wicked, but Deathly Hallows Part 2 was a major disappointment to me. They ruined almost everything.-ibrow

Just got back from watching Mask of Light. Noticed tons of new things, including solid objects moving through each other. And a Ta-Matoran that wasn't entirely textured. :PIn theaters, last thing I saw was Pirates of the Caribbean 4. On August 22. I have no life.