Lego Cuusoo

reptiman

This one is by far the best bring back Bionicle topic yet. There aren't any creations (and maybe that's a good thing), but the story is fantastic and believable, as well as brings back a lot of old characters while introducing a lot more! We might get sets of Artakha, Miserix, and a lot of other great characters enhanced by the Mask of Life. Definitely take a look!

Way too complicated for my liking, and that alphabet is way less attractive than the ones in previous BIONICLE waves. If BIONICLE were to be brought back and keep the Matoran, Agori, and Glatorian species as a part of the story, then the last thing it would need would be to introduce yet another species with its own tedious trivia to learn.Meanwhile, without any sort of models I can't really say I'm inclined to support this. BIONICLE's story was great in part because it was driven by a lot of creative, collaborative thought behind-the-scenes. With that said, how could one person's bright idea for a new story direction be nearly as strong a foundation? The creator of this project is keeping details hidden about some things that they'd want to play a role later in the story. Do they honestly believe that if this proposal were adopted TLG would sacrifice their own creative freedom to base years of story on one person's bright ideas? If BIONICLE didn't quickly crash and burn due to this kind of storytelling, it certainly wouldn't have remotely the same kind of thoughtful and adaptive storytelling that made the original theme so great.In other words, this person seems to be a quite good storyteller. But one good storyteller could never have made BIONICLE what it was when it was around. Years of collaboration and planning between set designers, art directors, advertisers, and professional writers gave BIONICLE its unique multifaceted appeal, and I'm not going to throw my support behind something that hopes for a full revival based on anything less than the planning and forethought that BIONICLE was founded upon.

Yep. Go to the "Discover" page, scroll down to just beneath the search bar, and click the "new projects" tab (next to the "Right Now" feed). then click "View more", which takes you to another page, and select sort by> most supported.I think they should probably make that a bit easier to do...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

The Star Wars Ultrabuild Series was deleted. It seems like Lego could have at least tried to work out the liscence.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

The Star Wars Ultrabuild Series was deleted. It seems like Lego could have at least tried to work out the liscence.
With things like this, there's no telling whether they might have tried this sort of thing in the past and been told they couldn't do it. So I don't think it's fair to assume they didn't try. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Has anyone heard anything about the latest decisions? I want to see what happened with the Legend of Zelda project that got 10,000 supporters, although it's very unlikely it passed.
We haven't gotten word on what's moving forward. The only thing to reach 10,000 supporters in the latest cycle and get definitively rejected is the Star Wars Dark Bucket, which nobody expected to make it through since the Cuusoo staff said themselves that it could not be produced in its current form.

Seems the UCS Sandcrawler will most likely be the next Cuusoo project to reach 10,000 supporters, with Space Marines as a close second. I personally think Space Marines would make a great theme, now that LEGO is searching for another Space theme to replace Alien Conquest.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

I LOVE the space marines. Perfect Lego theme, in my opinion. It's like star wars, but not liscensed! I loved the cool, sleek vehicles of space police and the ideas it gave me. Space Marines seems like a continuation of that idea, and Lego could set it in the same universe as all their other space sets, which I think has the potential to become as rich and interesting as bionicle's universe without being as confusing. I love the idea. I pray it gets through.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

This one is by far the best bring back Bionicle topic yet. There aren't any creations (and maybe that's a good thing), but the story is fantastic and believable, as well as brings back a lot of old characters while introducing a lot more! We might get sets of Artakha, Miserix, and a lot of other great characters enhanced by the Mask of Life. Definitely take a look!
Isn't the point of Cuusoo to be about the creations? And, honestly, the suggested new storyline reads like a bad fanfic.Don't know why people are still trying to push their pet franchises onto this. I really do hope more innovative things result from Cuusoo in the future.~B~

Isn't the point of Cuusoo to be about the creations? And, honestly, the suggested new storyline reads like a bad fanfic.Don't know why people are still trying to push their pet franchises onto this. I really do hope more innovative things result from Cuusoo in the future.~B~
From what I've seen, there is a great balance of awesome original projects (Space Marines, Frost Vikings), and "pet franchise" projects (Marvel/DC Supervillains, Bionicle: TLC, Lego Portal). So yeah.
Supported!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19834 When I click on the creator of that project, it says "Sorry, the user you are looking for does not exist." Why?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/19834 When I click on the creator of that project, it says "Sorry, the user you are looking for does not exist." Why?
Odd. It could be a bug in the system, or the user could have been deleted for a violation of some sort, yet they left his projects out there. That's my thought.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

While a Stonehenge set could be cool, that design fails to excite me. Mainly because it's quite large but doesn't use that size to add detail. Either more detail should be added to the stones, or the scale of the model should be reduced greatly. I could support a Stonehenge set with a 16x16 footprint, and comparable quality to the LEGO Architecture models. But this looks like it was thrown together in the course of an afternoon.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If these sets came out in NZ, I might be interested.
There's no reason to think they won't. I recognize LEGO distribution in the southern hemisphere can be awfully scarce compared to in the United States and Europe, but the only reason the first two proposals didn't get a global release is because they were approved when LEGO Cuusoo itself was still a Japan-only crowdsourcing platform. Now that Cuusoo has gone global it should be easier to obtain sets like the Minecraft set or any others that are released in the future, if still a little bit more of a challenge than with regular-release sets that go to all major retailers.