So who else plays Gearbox's role-playing shooter?I only got my copy of Borderlands a few months ago, and haven't been able to play it as often as I'd like due to senior year stuff, but much love for this game. ^^Can't wait until September 18th and Borderlands 2!

I really enjoyed the game for the first half, but when I degraded to the level that I was forced to re-run areas to grind for experience it really ruined it for me. I know a lot of people that still enjoy it though, so I suppose it was really my fault.I'm psyched for Borderlands 2 though. They're fixing a lot of the problems I noticed in the first one and it sounds infinitely better. :D

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I haven't been able to battle Sledge yet, so I can't give you a good opinion on my part. However, when grinding involves shooting enemies with an incendiary shotgun, I'm all for it. =PWhich character are you planning to use in BL2? I've been playing as Lilith, so the Siren class has a lot of appeal for me. Phaselock seems like it could be just as good as Phasewalk.-Inferna

I played through Borderlands as Lilith and I'm still doing a game with Mordecai. It is such a fun game. Hopefully the second one is a lot better. As for going through and gaining experience... Spiderants and just guts on the front of my vehicle, and make that the same for Skags too.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Yeah, I already finished the game. The boss battles were pretty good for the most part, though a few got a little tedious. I'll give you a heads up with no spoilers: The ending is flat-out disappointing. It's got the buildup, the climax, and then it just drops it. There's no real resolution to anything. It lets you continue even after the ending so you can go back and replay your favorite areas with some fantastic new weapons, but it had lost its appeal to me.I used Lilith for the most part as well, since phasewalking was the single most effective skill of any of the characters. It's crazy effective when sneaking past enemies in particularly difficult areas.I really don't mean to be such a downer here and I apologize for being a little pessimistic about the game. Unfortunately the last few hours got to be a drag and it's made it hard to recall how much fun everything preceding that was. : /

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

It's not too bad; thanks to my trawling on their wiki and on certain websites that can't be named, I get that the final boss isn't too great. :PYeah, Lilith's pretty awesome. That said, I've been playing co-op with a friend of mine (she plays as Roland), and that turret is pretty handy.Btw, what improvements are you looking forward to most in 2?-Inferna

Did someone say Borderlands? I hope that everyone (myself included) who played as Lilith first, only picked her for the elemental tech bonus. Maliwan for the win!

Huzzah for Maliwan! *raises electric shotgun to the sky*I mostly picked Lilith because she was the only girl and had an interesting background (a member of a tiny group of powerful women? Sold). Another reason why I'm planning to use Maya when BL2 comes out.That and the Phasewalk. Gotta love the Phasewalk. ^^-Inferna

I almost went sniper, but I picked Lilith too, mostly because the others looked like a kind of "seen it before" type of deal. Sniper? I'm still sniping with Lilith. Rocket launchers? Not really my style. Turrets? Engineer in TF2 does it better, me thinks. Lilith, on the other hand, has phasewalk, stun/disorient abilities and can even add in elemental powers to that walk ability. Plus, she seems like a cool girl. :)I got Borderlands during the Steam sale in December, but I didn't really start playing until last month. Last thing I did was get to... that town/city that comes right after the big racetrack desert, then I stopped and went back to Skyrim, Zelda and TF2 for a while.I love that you get guns with elemental effects, and the randomly generated weapons are a good way to add in variety. I like the feel of most guns, though often I'm irritated at the sniper rifle because it has no tracer and yet the bullet is an actual projectile. It's fine that I have to lead the target and stuff, but when I can't see where the previous shot went... Still, got Phasewalk and a few SMGs to make up for it. That and melee. I've been force punching enemies left and right.What I don't like about this game is that you essentially fight the same enemies over and over again, and while lower-level enemies don't yield any EXP to speak of, higher-level enemies are so much more powerful than you that it's next to impossible to kill them without some serious kiting. Fighting Skag Alphas that were "just" 2 levels higher than me come to mind. Even with critical burning sniper shots, it took at least two mags to down even one, and the reward was not worth it. It basically boils down to a slight form of railroading, since you are forced to abandon certain quests until you reach the minimum level. That's fine, I guess, it's just that some of them are basically just fetch quests anyways. Actually, most quests are fetch quests. That's complaint number 2. Driving around and pressing switches is not a good quest. Collecting log books is nice, because then you get to hear a funny story. Collecting gun parts work, because they actually assemble into something useful. But clicking buttons to start the wind turbines for a token money reward is not fun.Borderlands is fun to play, and it has good doses of humor and plenty of interesting weapon combinations to try. My only problem with it is that the gameplay becomes somewhat repetitive after a while. I'll try out co-op later, I believe that will boost the fun factor by a fair bit.

Did someone say Borderlands? I hope that everyone (myself included) who played as Lilith first, only picked her for the elemental tech bonus. Maliwan for the win!

Huzzah for Maliwan! *raises electric shotgun to the sky*I mostly picked Lilith because she was the only girl and had an interesting background (a member of a tiny group of powerful women? Sold). Another reason why I'm planning to use Maya when BL2 comes out.That and the Phasewalk. Gotta love the Phasewalk. ^^-Inferna
Phasewalk, L4 explosive return plus a maxed out Elemental skill tree equals pure destructive awesomeness. One of my favorite weapons is a Tediore SMG (Double Anarchy I think) four bullets per shot, eighty-something rounds per clip, I'm keeping it for the entirety of my second playthrough.

• 3 weeks later...

*rescues topic before it hits the 30-day mark*I admit that the quests are slightly repetative, and some of the enemies can be a pain if you're a lower level (hello, Moe and Marley), but I'm willing to take that for now, so long as Gearbox fixes it for round 2.Speaking of which, what's your take on their special fifth class, the Mechromancer? Personally, I might ditch Maya to use her. I guess I'll be playing as Maya at least once.(Mechromancer: fifth character that's scheduled to be part of DLC released a few months after the game releases, free for those that preorder. Her ability is to control mechanisms, in particular the "Deathtrap" (D374-TP) who fights for her.)-Inferna

Edited by Inferna Firesword

Mechromancer? Sound's fun. What's your source?

GameInformer announced it on their website; according to the article, Gearbox revealed details about her at PAX East, along with the greater customization options available for the characters.I'd link to it, but their website has forums. =/ Best I can do: the Mechromancer's page on the Borderlands wiki.-Inferna

Mechromancer? Sound's fun. What's your source?

GameInformer announced it on their website; according to the article, Gearbox revealed details about her at PAX East, along with the greater customization options available for the characters.I'd link to it, but their website has forums. =/ Best I can do: the Mechromancer's page on the Borderlands wiki.-Inferna
That works, thanks.You know what, this topic would be great for (and I suspect this might have been one of the original purposes anyway) advice. Edited by Moe Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Considering there's not as much discussion going on here as I thought, yeah. Goodness knows I could've used advice for beating Moe & Marley/Sledge. They were all pains in the butt.That said, any advice for taking on Skagzilla? I haven't gotten to his mission yet, but I fully intend to once I leave Fyrestone.-Inferna

Despite being a Siren with SMG/sniper rifles as main weapons, I used a rocket launcher with shock effect to take down Sledge, at least. Did wonders with his shield. Skagzilla was a matter of shoot, shoot, then shoot some more, preferably while the mouth is open; as that is where skags take critical hits.

Despite being a Siren with SMG/sniper rifles as main weapons, I used a rocket launcher with shock effect to take down Sledge, at least. Did wonders with his shield. Skagzilla was a matter of shoot, shoot, then shoot some more, preferably while the mouth is open; as that is where skags take critical hits.

That works too.Does anyone else need advice?What's the best gun you've ever found? Edited by Moe Howard

• 4 weeks later...

I found a masher once (I sold it since) it was an interesting novelty, especially on Jacob's Cove where it can one-shot zombies, but it was not as good as my actual shotgun so I got rid of it. I also got a shotgun (I think it was a Torgue Mad Dog) that fires rockets, though I don't find it that useful, and would prefer a rocket launcher.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Have you guys preordered 2 yet?I got the Loot Chest Edition. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

I've got my copy reserved. Probably just gonna go for the first tier of preorder; my money's kinda tight at the moment.Besides, all I want is early access to the Mechromancer. :P-Inferna

A: I've met Tannis in the co-op game I've been playing with a friend of mine; just left Fyrestone in my single-player. (Mothrakk was a pain, btw.)B: Can't remember the name of my favorite gun off the top of my head, though it was definately a green-code Maliwan corrosive SMG.-Inferna

Mothrakk, a pain? That's quite the understatement.Yeah, when it comes to smgs, the best always seem to be Maliwan or Tediore.Also, I heard you do commissions (jewelry?)

I've heard. I lost count how many times me and my friend died before we took her down. Not sure if the Eridian Cannon she dropped was worth it, though.As for commissions, yes, I do them, but they're closed now. Mostly because I'm graduating in two weeks and I'll probably be unable to do anything in metals class for a while. Sorry. :(-Inferna

Oh well, I should have joined sooner, so I could have asked for something. Swert showed me the ring you made for him, and I must say, I really regret not knowing sooner.The Eridian cannon? Keep it equipped, use it, you'll want the proficiency.You know what's fun? Killing Spiderants for a solid five minutes. With an incendiary shotgun.

Edited by Moe Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into those things last time I was playing with my friends.I'm yet to find an incendiary shotgun that I like, though I guess I'm bound to come across one sooner or later.Any thoughts on Scythids? (Hate them, personally.)-Inferna

Hm... shotguns, revolvers, SMGs with a high capacity... Scythids are good practice for quick, accurate shots too, but yeah, I despise them. I'm up to my second playthrough, so the enemies spawn twice as much, it seems. But yeah, I spent a solid five minutes killing Spiderants. In one area. So what do you presently have equipped? Stats?

Edited by Killer_myr

Fun to run them over on the Ludicrous Speedway, though.Can't remember what I have exactly; I'd have to check the game files to be sure .... my single-player Siren has a corrosive launcher and sniper rifle, along with an incendiary Glorious Havok, and focuses on her Elemental branch. My co-op Sirien uses the Eridian Cannon, a corrosive sniper rifle and shotgun, and an incendiary SMG. She focuses on her Elemental and Controller branches.You?-Inferna

I purchased the GOTY edition today at work with my preorder for BA2. I have the original game... but I never had the DLC... and it was actually a bit cheaper for me to buy the GOTY versus the downloads. Now if I only had time to play. D:

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

• 2 weeks later...