Hidron Nuva

Holding the faith of the Universe in his hands, Matoro embraces his destiny and, for a moment, he thinks about what would have happened if he didn't join Jaller and the others. He would have continued his studies, and, who knows, he could even become Chronicler. But that wasn't his path. He was Toa Matoro, destined to wear the Ignika and save the ones he loved. He would never return home, he would never talk to his friends again. But there was no other place in the world where he wanted to be.matoro.jpgAs usual, click the thumbnail.Some days ago, I saw my matoran Matoro on the table. I still don't know how he got there. Suddently I was overcome by nostalgia, Bionicle is long over and that set is 9 years old. This is (part of) my tribute to Matoro, a hero who saved the Universe and a good, plastic friend.As always, comments are appreciated, criticism is even more appreciated.This drawing is very sketchy and simple, I wanted to try something new, let me know what you think about this style :)Now go and play with your Matoro!

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Somehow, this made me think.Think about what Matoro could have been thinking. (if lego could think. :P )I saw a vision...I saw a flashback of everything that matoro had done.Translating for Nuju, meeting kopaka, keeping ever so many secrets, the return to his home,becoming a toa, the journey through the chord, meeting makuta and eventually sacrificing his life for the greater good.And all of that just starting with a little unimportant ko-matoran translator.Strangely, without noticing it, i have grown rather attached to Matoro.I found it cruel at first to let such a character die off, but now, i find it normal.Sigh, nostalgia.But now, on the subject of the drawing:It's very good! I really like Matoro's matoran form, it's really like the set, but then simplified. Great work!I also admire your style, it gives toa mahri Matoro a very cool look.As always, i love your work!-Dwanny

:kaukau: I like the composition, especially with how you utilize the most interesting parts of each of the sets and help them to make the character stand out in ways that the set itself cannot. Above all, I love Matoro in his lovable Tohunga form. Oh, how lovable.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh