Mask Of Time: The Topic

The Vahi was created a few time after the Great Cataclysm... So, I don't see where's the problem.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

I just said that the Vahi wasn't created in the time before time (before the creation of the UM, I guess?), but a few time after the Great Cataclysm. So it was just created 1001 years ago in the BIONICLE storyline.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Well, there was obviously 'time' before Vakama created the Vahi. A universe doesn't need a Mask of Time to operate. However, the explanation given in Time Trap was that once the Vahi was made, destroying it would utterly obliterate all time, inside and outside of your universe. So we can infer that once you make a Vahi, it becomes the sole governer of time in your universe. After one is created, yes, it is absolutely crucial for your universe's ability to operate correctly. To undo this, you would have to remove it from the universe, sort of like Teridax did with the Ignika. When it leaves its jurisdiction, it no longer has the power over all time. This leads to the conclusion that if the Vahi was destroyed on Mata Nui or on the new Spherus Magna, time would continue to flow correctly. But if destroyed inside the Matoran Universe, time in all universes would cease. Lesson learned: don't make Vahi, they're dangerous!

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

The vahi? What makes you think I'd be at all interested in discussing such a disappointing, bland and totally not awesome mask like that? Its pathetic design isn't even worth putting in an avatar. (Sarcasm terminated).I love the mask of cheese! I always thought it had one of the coolest designs out of all of the masks (except for maybe the Miru and Kaukau). I'm actually kinda glad the Vahi doesn't allow time travel in the story. The multiple universes were complicated enough. Add time travel to that, we have anarchy. @_@ Besides, then there would have to be either stable time loops or complete alterations which make absolutely no sense, and both are not easy to come up with.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

This is the topic where you can discuss the mask of time!Just to get you started, here is a small question to sizzle your brain:If the Vahi was created in "the time before time", then how could it possibly function?

First of all, we don't allow "post-it-here" topics; topics should be about specific questions, theories, etc. So I'm going to take the last sentence here as the question for this topic, and since that is answerable, close the topic. Further questions and comments about the Vahi may of course be asked in new topics. :)The answer is simple -- "the time before time" is just poetry. By its very wording, it is clear that there is time in the "before time" period. What it means is the time before the Matoran on Mata Nui remember anything, since they lost their memories soon after arriving on that island (roughly a thousand years ago in story present). The saying has nothing to do with the Vahi.

Well, there was obviously 'time' before Vakama created the Vahi. A universe doesn't need a Mask of Time to operate. However, the explanation given in Time Trap was that once the Vahi was made, destroying it would utterly obliterate all time, inside and outside of your universe. So we can infer that once you make a Vahi, it becomes the sole governer of time in your universe. After one is created, yes, it is absolutely crucial for your universe's ability to operate correctly. To undo this, you would have to remove it from the universe, sort of like Teridax did with the Ignika. When it leaves its jurisdiction, it no longer has the power over all time. This leads to the conclusion that if the Vahi was destroyed on Mata Nui or on the new Spherus Magna, time would continue to flow correctly. But if destroyed inside the Matoran Universe, time in all universes would cease. Lesson learned: don't make Vahi, they're dangerous!

Actually Greg confirmed that it could only destroy time in the Matoran Universe.

I'm actually kinda glad the Vahi doesn't allow time travel in the story. The multiple universes were complicated enough. Add time travel to that, we have anarchy. @_@ Besides, then there would have to be either stable time loops or complete alterations which make absolutely no sense, and both are not easy to come up with.

Actually, the Vahi could allow time travel, it is simply that no beings exist who are mentally strong enough to handle it (plus the story had a rule against time travel in general, although Bitil sort of broke it). All they could handle is slowing or speeding.Anyways, question answered, topic closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)